Author Topic: Are Women to Blame..........?  (Read 6420 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Are Women to Blame..........?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 02:26:07 am »
According to wherever statistics come from, women cheat a lot.  Not as much as men, but it's not a insignifcant number.  So why don't you ask them why they cheat?

You said "outside of war, what do women do to cause men to stray?".  But earlier, you said men on cheat for one reason...they are assholes.  But given a real world example of a man who was betrayed, you seemed to accept there was another answer.  And I notice you didn't call the wife an asshole, you wrote it all off as a "casualty of war".  So was it okay, or bad but understandable that she went looking for love (or at least sex) since her man wasn't there to provide it?  

You said men cheating has NOTHING to do with the women they are with". Really? You can say that definitively, in every case? 

I'm not pushing these questions in defense of cheating;  I just hate one size fits all explainations of complicated problems.  And when someone says the problems in a relationship are 100% one person's fault, I call bullsh*t. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 02:32:44 am by Reginald Hudlin »

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 10:06:08 am »
....when men cheat?

Please comment and support your response.

"Are Women to Blame.........? ......... when men cheat?"  My answer is NO.  We will blame women as the cause why we cheat without initially blaming ourselves.  A man do not want to admit blame for his actions and say, "it ain't my fault" and our attitude grows instinctively to justify our blame towards women (Avoidance of accountability).  Men have a choice, "Do it or Don't.....regardless of the circumstances".

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 02:35:00 pm »
According to wherever statistics come from, women cheat a lot.  Not as much as men, but it's not a insignifcant number.  

Not disputing this at all.

So why don't you ask them why they cheat?

I do.
It's just that this forum is made up of mostly men.  So I'm asking a man's perspective.

You said "outside of war, what do women do to cause men to stray?".  But earlier, you said men on cheat for one reason...they are assholes.  

Let me clarify:  I said PLENTY of men cheat for only one reason.  Because they are assholes.  I suspect there are other reasons.  I'm just wondering whether those reasons have anything to do with their wives/girlfriends.

But given a real world example of a man who was betrayed, you seemed to accept there was another answer.  And I notice you didn't call the wife an asshole, you wrote it all off as a "casualty of war".  So was it okay, or bad but understandable that she went looking for love (or at least sex) since her man wasn't there to provide it?  

My focus here is NOT about wives.  However, Kris made it fairly clear that the wife cheated because her husband was away.  That was her reason.  No one said HE was the blame.  No. I don't think it was okay that the woman cheated on her husband.  It was whack!  It's even WORSE that she let him find out.

You said men cheating has NOTHING to do with the women they are with". Really? You can say that definitively, in every case?  

Of course I cannot speak definitively on every case.  That is the reason I've posed the question!

I'm not pushing these questions in defense of cheating;  

Maybe you're not defensive, but you seem pretty riled!

I just hate one size fits all explainations of complicated problems.  And when someone says the problems in a relationship are 100% one person's fault, I call bullsh*t.  

Agreed!
I hate it when men say that women bring it on themselves!  What. Does. That. Mean?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 07:35:35 pm by Magic Wand »
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2010, 02:36:08 pm »
....when men cheat?

Please comment and support your response.

"Are Women to Blame.........? ......... when men cheat?"  My answer is NO.  We will blame women as the cause why we cheat without initially blaming ourselves.  A man do not want to admit blame for his actions and say, "it ain't my fault" and our attitude grows instinctively to justify our blame towards women (Avoidance of accountability).  Men have a choice, "Do it or Don't.....regardless of the circumstances".

Hmmmmmmmmmm......
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 03:00:50 pm »
I'm coming off "riled" because I just read Jimi Israel's book THE DENZEL PRINCIPLE, which is a fun debunking of some of the more absurd positions that black women take in relationships.