Author Topic: What if, you're wrong?  (Read 1118 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
What if, you're wrong?
« on: May 24, 2010, 08:53:03 am »
I was reading another thread on another board about where would you go if you could travel through time.  A few people said they'd go back to the time of Christ to see if He existed or what He actually taught.  There was an implied undercurrent that they'd find out the stuff to support their beliefs.

But it made me wonder, suppose you could travel thru times to the events that shaped your world view and found out that you were wrong.  Example, the athiest who finds out the entire Bible is accurate front to back, or the Christian who learned the opposite.  And don't limit this to religion, but to any and everything that determines your world view.

Also, don't just leave it to the past.  Suppose you travel to the future and find out the other side has the "right answers" for the world's troubles.

What would you do with that information?

Offline Jay

• View Profile
Re: What if, you're wrong?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:12:44 pm »
Christ. People would travel back to the time of Christ. How sad.

I would be an adult about it and just modify my way of thinking to incorporate what I know to be true. I don't want to be right. I want to know truth.

It just so happens I tend to be right most of the time so a trip like that would be meaningless for me  8)
"You're gonna go out, and look, for, a job. The word today is...'job'. Jay Oh Bee...y'hear me?"