Author Topic: Racist?? If not, why not?  (Read 2179 times)

Offline DRobinson

• Hudlin's Huddle
    • View Profile
Racist?? If not, why not?
« on: June 07, 2010, 03:08:03 pm »
THE WHITE MAN IS GOD!!!!

MOTHERLAND EUROPE I FOREVER LOVE YOU   !!!!!!

Obama should get a white man to replace rahm....

WHITE POWA ALL DAY, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!! 

Excuse me, for loving the white race!!!!!!!!!

Before you jump through your computer to rip my head off, all the above sentences were taken from beloved HEF member Afro Samurai, only I substituted the word “white” for “black”.

Here’s my question: when I read Afro Samurai’s posts, I’m not particularly offended. But, when I substitute the word white for black, I read the same sentence as racist and I’m not sure why.

Logic tells me that if the sentence is racist with white, it must also be racist with black – but it doesn’t feel that way.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Racist?? If not, why not?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 04:18:46 pm »
Not speaking for Afro Samurai and his point of view, but in general, the only time White people view outselves as White is when they are either Racist, or we are dealing with the Black/White/etc issues or filling out demographic forms.  I don't mean we don't know we'rewhite, it's just not our first view of themselves.

Whites in America are more likely to view themselves by national heritage.   Such as a white person is more likely to say, "I"m proud to be Irish".  Most whites don't even view outselves as European, but by individual nation.

So, the only way I'd expect to hear those comments from a white person is if the person is either a racist, ignorant or possiby fustrated (because fustrated people can say stupid things.  and it might even indicate a deep seeded heart.)

(BTW, I've heard similar comments about African Blacks; they are more likely to view themselves first according to their nation, than by race.  I haven't heard that confirmed, yet to know how true the statement is.)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 04:39:19 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 11:26:04 pm »
I am offended but not by the meat of the posts and those like them. Rather the shocking ignorance they display an the very obvious current of rage that exists there are what make me sad.

I wish i could round up all the black people who lean toward Black Supremicism put them in a room with all the whites who feel the same about whites and lock the effing door.

There is no such thing as Race. If we could just get that biological fact to penetrate most minds before I die, I'd be a happy man.

The biggest trick the Devil played on us wasn't convincing us he doesn't exist. it was convincing us that there's such a thing as Race and that it matters.

Poor sad bastards.
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 06:58:02 am »
I am offended but not by the meat of the posts and those like them. Rather the shocking ignorance they display an the very obvious current of rage that exists there are what make me sad.

Here! Here!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй