Author Topic: What was your first job ever?  (Read 5696 times)

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Re: What was your first job ever?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 11:05:20 am »
Union Clothing was the classy store.  As opposed to the contemporary fashions at Plattner's Modern Man down the street.

My first job was as an intern in the ESL city engineer's office.  I recall answering calls about potholes, going out to look at them and spraying orange paint around them.  Occasionally they would get fixed later. 
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
Re: What was your first job ever?
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 09:27:15 am »
Union Clothing was the classy store.  As opposed to the contemporary fashions at Plattner's Modern Man down the street.

My first job was as an intern in the ESL city engineer's office.  I recall answering calls about potholes, going out to look at them and spraying orange paint around them.  Occasionally they would get fixed later. 

Oh, is that how you get that stuff looked into?  Seems I got some calls to make.  Oh, yeah, before I was legally employed I used to make trips with my cousin and Grandfather up to Bakersfield to the Watermelon patch, load my G-pa's flat black Munsters looking old Ford up with melons then sell them in and around our neighborhood of Monrovia/Duarte, Ca.  And I got paid $5 bucks.  What's a child labor law?  True story, you can't write this s**t!