Author Topic: Father's Day  (Read 3118 times)

Offline DRobinson

• Hudlin's Huddle
    • View Profile
Father's Day
« on: June 15, 2010, 01:27:06 pm »
I'm looking for ideas. What are you giving your dad for Father's Day?

Or, if you are a dad, what are you hoping to receive?

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Father's Day
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 08:23:14 pm »
Can't speak for your dad, but I'm hoping i left enough clues around my house:
HTC EVO 4G

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 01:31:30 pm »
I've got for my father:

Electric  Purgatory: The Fate of the Black Rocker DVD & Cherokee Mist: The Lost Writings
by Jimi Hendrix book.
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 02:54:45 pm »
HTC EVO 4G

lol. good luck with that.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 03:52:36 pm »
HTC EVO 4G

lol. good luck with that.

I know, I know, it's a red hot item in heavy demand(for good reason). My birthday is in September, maybe I'l get it then by :D

Offline DRobinson

• Hudlin's Huddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 04:24:53 pm »
I'm still trying to come up with a great gift. My dad is 84, super active (rides a Ducati almost every day!) and seems to have to things he wants. If you have an idea, post it quick! I'm running out of time...

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 10:11:06 am »
I'm still trying to come up with a great gift. My dad is 84, super active (rides a Ducati almost every day!) and seems to have to things he wants. If you have an idea, post it quick! I'm running out of time...

American Express gift card.

Also, as a parent, I like getting cards that my wife and kids made themselves(one from each). It's more personal than getting something thousands of other people have received. Level of art skill is irrelevant (stick figures, "abstract", etc is kool) it's the time and thought that went into it. No one else on the planet has one like it. But, you can also supplement with a store brought card, too.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 11:57:27 am »

dayam!
your dad is gangsta!
get him a leather jacket that says "world's coolest dad"

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline DRobinson

• Hudlin's Huddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 01:14:37 pm »

dayam!
your dad is gangsta!
get him a leather jacket that says "world's coolest dad"

Thanks Mastrmynd, at 84 he's still got it goin on.

One time, when I was out riding bikes with him, we pulled into a place and I saw people's faces when he pulled off his helmet and they saw his white hair. Thier faces said dayam too!

Your leather jacket idea gives me another idea - I'll head down to the Harley shop (he rides one of those too) and get him Harley garb that he can wear when he works out.

The main thing I want to do on Father's Day is just hang with my dad & all my kids.
We're not here for long - gotta get our fill while we can.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 01:24:24 pm »
I still have the boxed set of big band jazz I bought for my dad's birthday.  I didn't get to give it to him before he passed away.  The lesson is DON'T WAIT TO CELEBRATE WHO YOU LOVE.

Offline DRobinson

• Hudlin's Huddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 01:27:26 pm »
I still have the boxed set of big band jazz I bought for my dad's birthday.  I didn't get to give it to him before he passed away.  The lesson is DON'T WAIT TO CELEBRATE WHO YOU LOVE.

You should take a slice of Father's Day, lock yourself in your office, bust open the box set you bought for your dad, play it loud and remember him....

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 04:59:08 pm »
The Buying Decision That Makes You Happy
By RealAge

When you find yourself with a little discretionary income, here's a surefire way to make yourself happy with it: Buy an experience.

Seems counterintuitive, but recent research suggests that spending your spare change on transitory experiences -- like a trip to the theater or a relaxing vacation -- will bring stronger and longer-lasting satisfaction than if you'd spent the extra moolah on material objects.

The Joy of Shopping
Here's the problem: Buying material goods -- like high-tech gizmos or swank leather shoes -- is inherently more likely to induce buyer's remorse. It's just too easy to compare what you bought to newer, better, or less expensive options and end up feeling unhappy with your choice. Plus, material goods lose their shiny appeal with time. Experiences, on the other hand? They often become an intrinsic part of your long-term identity, reminding you over and over of good times and happy moments shared with loved ones.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй