Author Topic: Probably LEGAL "Satire," but Utterly Disgusting  (Read 6107 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Probably LEGAL "Satire," but Utterly Disgusting
« on: July 18, 2010, 06:13:20 pm »
from my friend David Evans:

Reggie,

You've probably heard that the National Tea Party Federation has ousted Mark Williams and his Tea Party Express primarily because of his publishing of a "satirical" letter from Ben Jealous, President of the NAACP, to Abraham Lincoln  (enclosed below).

Make sure that your hypertension medication is at hand and a burp-bag is also available.  All in place, ok, go ahead and read Mr. Williams' "satire:"

Dear Mr. Lincoln

We Coloreds have taken a vote and decided that we don't cotton to that whole emancipation thing. Freedom means having to work for real, think for ourselves, and take consequences along with the rewards. That is just far too much to ask of us Colored People and we demand that it stop!

In fact we held a big meeting and took a vote in Kansas City this week. We voted to condemn a political revival of that old abolitionist spirit called the 'tea party movement'.

The tea party position to "end the bailouts" for example is just silly. Bailouts are just big money welfare and isn't that what we want all Coloreds to strive for? What kind of racist would want to end big money welfare? What they need to do is start handing the bail outs directly to us coloreds! Of course, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is the only responsible party that should be granted the right to disperse the funds.

And the ridiculous idea of "reduce[ing] the size and intrusiveness of government." What kind of massa would ever not want to control my life? As Coloreds we must have somebody care for us otherwise we would be on our own, have to think for ourselves and make decisions!

The racist tea parties also demand that the government "stop the out of control spending." Again, they directly target coloreds. That means we Coloreds would have to compete for jobs like everybody else and that is just not right.

Perhaps the most racist point of all in the tea parties is their demand that government "stop raising our taxes." That is outrageous! How will we coloreds ever get a wide screen TV in every room if non-coloreds get to keep what they earn? Totally racist! The tea party expects coloreds to be productive members of society?

Mr. Lincoln, you were the greatest racist ever. We had a great gig. Three squares, room and board, all our decisions made by the massa in the house. Please repeal the 13th and 14th Amendments and let us get back to where we belong.

Sincerely

Precious Ben Jealous, Tom's Nephew
NAACP Head Colored Person

Best regards,

Dave

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Probably LEGAL "Satire," but Utterly Disgusting
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 09:17:56 pm »
In the face of this Conservatives have found yet another house-nigger to make the rounds as a diversion for their blatant racism.

I've watched this man debate Jealous and actually call for him to denounce the New Black Panthers for a voting station incident 2 years ago. Meanwhile, he gets on CNN this afternoon as an apologist for Williams saying "He can't tell what's in his heart" and " The statements aren't racist"

I wonder how many pieces of silver it cost the Tea party to get this performance today?

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 07:07:24 pm »
In the face of this Conservatives have found yet another house-nigger to make the rounds as a diversion for their blatant racism.

I've watched this man debate Jealous and actually call for him to denounce the New Black Panthers for a voting station incident 2 years ago. Meanwhile, he gets on CNN this afternoon as an apologist for Williams saying "He can't tell what's in his heart" and " The statements aren't racist"

I wonder how many pieces of silver it cost the Tea party to get this performance today?

They prolly only had to buy him that dangly earring.

michaelintp

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 06:14:43 pm »
Yeh, it was satire; but it was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've had it with Mark Williams for quite some time. If I didn't know better, I would think he was a plant from CrashTheTeaParty.Com. He's made slurs before, about Obama the "half-white racist" and "Mubarak Hussein Obama" being a Nazi (first denying he made the charge, then being cute because he didn't use the actual name of the President), and about Muslims worshipping a Monkey God. Not that I'm personally involved, but whenever the Tea Party issue would come up in conversation, the first thing I would say is that bigoted asshole Mark Williams has to go. Because he undermines the credibility of the Movement and the legitimate concerns expressed by supporters of the Movement.

I thought is was revealing that when NPR chose to have someone speak "for" the Tea Party Movement in their piece about the NAACP's "Tea Party" resolution, NPR chose of all people "Mark Williams." Guaranteeing an offensive response. (I rarely listen to the radio, but I happend to be driving to work that day and tuned in ... and when I heard them say, "And now to Mark Williams ..." I thought to myself, oh sh*t, I know why they picked him). I have to believe the choice was intentional and biased, as there are level-headed spokespersons for the Movement who's focus is on government fiscal responsibility and individual liberty. Better to put on a nut if your editorial goal is to discredit those you disagree with.

Reginald, as you recall back in our conversation in February, other more reasonable Tea Party activists have had big problems with Williams. As reported by the Huffington Post back then, ""Robin Stublen, a leader of the Tea Party Patriots, told HuffPost in an email, 'Mark Williams is not someone I would want being my spokesman. He comes off as an arrogant, self promoting, egotistical jerk. In politics, people like Mark Williams are a dime a dozen, even when you factor in inflation.'"

Tea Party Tension Flares as 'Federation' Gives Firebrand Activist the Boot
Fox News July 19, 2010
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/19/tea-party-tension-flares-federation-gives-firebrand-activist-boot/

Tea Party activist Mark Williams ridiculed a national "federation" of Tea Party groups after he was kicked out over the weekend for controversial statements he made about slavery and the NAACP.

Tea Party activist Mark Williams ridiculed a national "federation" of Tea Party groups after he was kicked out over the weekend for controversial statements he made about slavery and the NAACP.

In a flare-up that highlights longstanding fractures in the Tea Party movement, the National Tea Party Federation on Saturday demanded that the Tea Party Express -- a separate group -- oust Williams from its ranks. When it did not, the federation expelled both Williams and his conservative outfit.

Good riddance! (Though, of course, that asshole isn't vanishing, but it would be nice to see him just fade away).

As to the condescending disparaging descriptions (see above posts) of Tea Party Federation spokesman David Webb who announced the ouster ... well ... I'm frankly tired of black Conservatives, without exception, being referred to as "House Niggers" ... for cryin' out loud! C'mon! What is this, 1950? No black man is allowed to think for himself and express his own views as an individual? Such attitudes and characterizations do a great deal to perpetuate racism. They are, in fact, far more destructive than Williams's stupid-ass comments.

But I'm not holdin' my breath to see the purging of racists from left-of-center "activist" movements.  ;)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 10:45:18 pm »
Not every black conservative is a house "negro".  But many are. 

Who are those left wing racists you want calling out? 

To be clear, there are racists on both sides of the political spectrum, but who are you referring to?

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 02:14:58 pm »

(I was not implying, by the way, that Jefferson is a "racist" ... I just object to those kind of racial slurs. I was reacting to the broader tactic that I have observed, targeting black Conservatives; a tactic that I find to be really objectionable).

I find House-niggers to be objectionable as well so we're even.

michaelintp

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 07:50:52 am »
Not every black conservative is a house "negro".  But many are.  

To be clear, there are racists on both sides of the political spectrum, but who are you referring to?

I believe your comment that "many are" is just plain silly. The phrases "house negro" or "house nigger" are demeaning, disparaging, and ugly ... period. If you disagree with someone, address the issues. There is no value in racist slurs.

As to identifying Left-wing racists, good start would be any person who routinely or without compunction used or uses disparaging racist descriptions against individuals like Colon Powell, Condoleeza Rice, or Clarance Thomas, for example.  May also include some who did not and do not object when hearing such descriptions, though that silence might just be attributed to a lack of balls.

I would further say it includes those who do not really embrace the vision of a post-racial America, but who rather do all in their power to spread negative characterizations of "the other," foster racial group identification against "the other," encourage racial divisiveness, and incite racial animosity and resentment. Rather than viewing every man and woman as an individual human being. Further included would be those who, for whatever reason, object to racial intermarriage. If we were to expand the topic to bigotry generally, more examples could be included.

Over the years I've seen many articles on this Forum written by extremists (whose names I've not memorized) who express their views on Conservative blacks (in vile ways such as "Clarance 'Uncle Tom' Thomas"), "white people" (always negative), "whiteness" (desperately trying to convince others that this "identity" is prevalent when it is not, and desperately trying to instill this identity in people who identify themselves in other ways, in order to foster racial antagonism), and "white privilege" (to dismiss the achievements of those who got what they got through their pursuit of education and their hard work; in order to rationalize the expropriation of the hard-earned savings of innocent people who have never harmed another human being and whose economic status would be unchanged if racism and discrimination had never existed in the world). Not everyone who discusses some of these matters are bigots; many no doubt just pick up on the jargon that is disseminated. But the fact remains that the way issues are framed can, in and of themselves, have racist and divisive subtexts and foster racial animosity. We've already discussed these issues at length on the Forum, and I really don't wish to re-open this can of worms. But you asked. It is clear that some who most viciously condemn black Conservatives and who most vigorously push these positions are themselves bigoted.

So Reginald, you ask for the names of specific individuals? You tell me. You interact with people on the Left far more than I do.

(As noted in Jefferson's quote above, I was not implying, by the way, that Jefferson is a "racist" ... I just object to those kind of racial slurs. I was reacting to the broader tactic that I have observed, targeting black Conservatives; a tactic that I find to be really objectionable).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 05:13:04 pm by michaelintp »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 01:57:07 pm »
Not every black conservative is a house "negro".  But many are. 

I believe your comment that "many are" is just plain silly.

Well, let me clarify the point and presumably make it more silly.

MOST, yes, MOST Black conservatives are House-Niggers.

The turnover rate for sell-out Blacks  is quite high these days so they are becoming less and less notable.

The days when Armstrong Williams had the Uncle Ruckus market cornered are over.

michaelintp

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 05:00:25 pm »
It is a shame that, in the minds of some, black Americans are not accorded the same respect given to every other American, to independently think for themselves, analyze the issues, and form their own opinions.  But when it comes to the Left, for black folk that of course is taboo.

This is just another example of the Left's totalitarian mind-set. Perhaps some people are wising up.

The issues surrounding the economy, fiscal responsibility, the size of government and geopolitics are complex. On many matters, reasonable people may differ. Unless, of course, you are black. Then you are expected, indeed you are demanded, to adhere to one party line. This attitude directed against African-Americans is so so condescending ... and yes ... so so racist. 

Part of the equal treatment of all individuals in a free society includes according each individual the right to form his or her own opinions, without that person being subjected to disgusting racist smears. It just amazes me that some black folk have been so willing to embrace the racism that they pretend to oppose, by treating other black Americans as something less than human beings who merit respect. You really need to release your embrace of the fetid corpse of racism, instead of pressing your lips and breathing life into it.

I know what I am saying is falling on deaf ears. 

But with racism and bigotry, no matter the source, I've got zero tolerance.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 05:11:30 pm »
It is a shame that, in the minds of some, black Americans are not accorded the same respect given to every other American, to independently think for themselves, analyze the issues, and form their own opinions.  But when it comes to the Left, for black folk that of course is taboo.

This is just another example of the Left's totalitarian mind-set. Perhaps some people are wising up.

The issues surrounding the economy, fiscal responsibility, the size of government and geopolitics are complex. On many matters, reasonable people may differ. Unless, of course, you are black. Then you are expected, indeed you are demanded, to adhere to one party line. This attitude directed against African-Americans is so so condescending ... and yes ... so so racist. 

Part of the equal treatment of all individuals in a free society includes according each individual the right to form his or her own opinions, without that person being subjected to disgusting racist smears. It just amazes me that some black folk have been so willing to embrace the racism that they pretend to oppose, by treating other black Americans as something less than human beings who merit respect. You really need to release your embrace of the fetid corpse of racism, instead of pressing your lips and breathing life into it.

I know what I am saying is falling on deaf ears. 

But with racism and bigotry, no matter the source, I've got zero tolerance.

The ability to think freely has nothing to do with one being a sellout.

The substance of one's thoughts is what dictates their standing in a debate.

When someone not only holds but vehemently expouses views that are detrimental to their very existence, they are a sell out.

If you are a Black man, and you are an advocate for a political entity that routinely utilizes racists comments and imagery; to evoke a hateful and violent response against your own kind, you are a HOUSE-NIGGER!

michaelintp

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 05:25:04 pm »
Then Jefferson, address the specific issues, instead of engaging in racist slurs. The issues are far more complex than you pretend, and you know it. If the American economy collapses, the lives of all Americans, including to a very significant extent black Americans, will be worse off. What you characterize as a "sell-out" may in fact be a desperate effort to preserve decent lives for all our children and their children, by stimulating jobs in the private sector, rather than undermining their prospects for real productive jobs and burying them under mountains of unsustainable government debt.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 04:55:29 am »
Surely you are familiar with the concept of self hate.  There are plenty of Jews who try to wipe out every part of their ethnicity with nose jobs and blonde shiska wives;  same with every other non-white ethnic group.  If a black person who distances himself from his own people and culture; that's his or her choice. But when they take actions that are damaging to their own people as a money hustle, they are a sell out; when they do it because they hate themselves, they are mentally ill. 

There's a big difference between Colin Powell and Clarence Thomas.

michaelintp

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 07:40:41 am »
Thomas is a brilliant jurist and one of the greatest Supreme Court Justices this country has ever seen. Powell served this nation honorably in several senior capacities, both in the military and in the Bush Administration.

Reginald, we are not talking about a black person who advocates the reimposition of the Jim Crow Laws, segregated schools, or slavery. I would agree that that would rise (or descend) to the level of mental illness.  Similar to the insignificant fraction of Jews who allign themselves with those who literally advocate the genocidal extermination of Jews. But that is NOT what we are talking about here.

What we are talking about here are mainstream political and economic Conservative points of view. And the use of racist slurs against those who advocate those views.

Your definition of a "sell-out" or "self-hater" seems to be anyone who does not embrace the liberal/leftist party line when it comes to economic policies. It is not "self-hate" to NOT want to see America's economy destroyed and to NOT want to see economic incentives destroyed and to NOT want to see our children and their children buried under mountains of government debt that they will never ever be able to dig themselves out of. Conservatism is not self-hate. It is sensible thinking. We have discussed these issues in the past on this forum, so there is no need to rehash them here. You clearly disagree with me, but that does not mean that the points of view I argue are illogical or unfounded. Reasonable people may differ, particularly with regard to complex issues.

Despite this, there are people on the Left who earn a pretty penny from promoting racial divisiveness, resentment and hostility (as alluded to in my comment above).

As to American Jews: Jews hold points of view all over the political spectrum: A minority are highly religious, the majority are not; a minority are Republicans, the majority are Democrats. You've got the Republican Jewish Coalition and the Progressive Jewish Alliance. Jews argue with each other all the time, indeed are renowned for their strong opinions: "If you put two Jews in a room, you'll get three opinions."  Jews in America represent the paradigm of people who hold vastly different political points of view in this country. The difference between their attitude and the attitude you seem to be embracing is that Jews, in their very strong disagreements with one another, do not embrace antisemitism. They do not hurl antisemetic slurs against one another. They do not expect all Jews to blindly hold allegiance to one political party or one economic ideology. Even as to Israel, Jews hold dramatically diverse points of view. So really, Reginald, there is no comparison in the Jewish community to what you seem to be advocating for the Black community. Jews do not themselves actively promote antisemitism. In contrast, every time a left-wing black American hurls the phrase "house nigger" (or some similar phrase) at someone they disagree with, they are promoting a racist stereotype.  

I understand why it is done. Because a substantive discussion of the issues, which are complex, is difficult. Conservative economists and thinkers, black and white, have strong arguments to counter whatever arguments you might wish to make, and analytically their position is strong. So ... it is much easier, instead of addressing issues, to engage in smear campaigns and racist name calling.  

That might be effective politics, but that doesn't make it right. Promoting racist stereotypes is never right.  
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:23:42 am by michaelintp »

michaelintp

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 07:51:06 am »
Reginald, what you said immediately above has been gnawing at me.  I've got to ask ...

Are you personally opposed to interracial relationships and interracial marrage? Do you have reservations of any kind?

Or do you see this as a non-issue?

???

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 03:46:29 pm »
Reginald, what you said immediately above has been gnawing at me.  I've got to ask ...

Are you personally opposed to interracial relationships and interracial marrage? Do you have reservations of any kind?

Or do you see this as a non-issue?

???

Non-issue.  I have said on this board more than once, love is such a wonderful thing, and such a hard thing to find in this world, if you find it - HOLD ON!