Author Topic: favorite workouts  (Read 4136 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
favorite workouts
« on: July 26, 2010, 01:09:18 am »
What is the most fun to do?

What gets you in shape the quickest?

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: favorite workouts
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 07:55:28 am »
I joined a boot camp in the spring.  Three times per week, for one hour of flexibility, strength and endurance training.  Boot camp and yoga prepared me for swimming this summer.  Since I already mountain bike and I got a swim coach to tighten up my backstroke, I'm considering a triathlon this September.  Who's coming with me?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 07:18:54 pm »
Not me. Can't swim! (Well... not to mention I'm fat!)

When my diet's right, I do pretty well with strength training and the whole cardiovascular route. When it's not right, though, it just makes me feel like sh*t.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 09:55:39 am »
I love working on abs. I tend to love all the different ab work outs, they're always a ton of fun for me, especially the soreness the day after!  :D I also dig running and yoga. Leg work outs are also fun for me, especially this one butterfly like machine that stretches your legs apart and you have to push your legs back together.

My least favorite are bicep work outs. While I enjoy the soreness I get from other body parts, I can't stand bicep soreness. When I work out, I try to use machines that focus primary on other parts but 2nd also helps biceps. Though from time to time I'll do a full focus on biceps just to balance out with the others. Bleh.

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 11:27:44 am »
Most fun to do is upper body workout with dumbbells.  Shoulders, arms and chest are my favorite workouts.

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 06:44:21 pm »
Muay Thai. You'll have your six pack in a month. Well i guess it depends on your shape already....

Offline ashleyy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 11:40:28 pm »
I love to do swimming as a workout.
Watch ESPN Live >>

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 11:49:23 pm »

How far/long do you swim?  same stroke of switch it up?

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 05:33:52 am »

My goal is one mile twice a week.  It's generally free-style all the way.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 06:19:59 am »

Whew, that's hardcore. Bravo!

Back when I was swimming, I got up to 1,000 yards (a little better than a half-mile), 2-3 times a week. About half of that was freestyle, the rest split between back and breast stroke. The problem with swimming for me is the same as running; I get bored.

These days, all I do is play basketball once or twice a week. And coach my kids.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:21:38 am by Curtis Metcalf »
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 04:52:56 pm »

Whew, that's hardcore. Bravo!

Back when I was swimming, I got up to 1,000 yards (a little better than a half-mile), 2-3 times a week. About half of that was freestyle, the rest split between back and breast stroke. The problem with swimming for me is the same as running; I get bored.

These days, all I do is play basketball once or twice a week. And coach my kids.

:D
Thanx for the dap, Curtis, but please note that my GOAL is to reach a mile each session.  At the moment, I'm doing about 1200 yards twice per week.  (I have a coach that pushes me) 

On non-swim days, I walk/run about three miles.  On the weekends, I crash through a lightweight ten miles in the woods on my Stumpjumper.

I crashed the bike last month and I'm kind'a skittish about getting out there again.
   :-[

So ummmm....basketball once or twice per week keeps you looking THAT good?
WOWEE!

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 01:24:23 am »
I took off six pounds in seven days doing Wii boxing, baseball and tennis.

Mostly boxing.

doesn't sound like much but, at the end of a month, it'll be between 20 and thirty pounds. Adding light weights and walking next week.

Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 08:28:57 pm »
I took off six pounds in seven days doing Wii boxing, baseball and tennis.

Mostly boxing.

doesn't sound like much but, at the end of a month, it'll be between 20 and thirty pounds. Adding light weights and walking next week.

+1

Anybody who discounts the benefit of the Wii fitness genre has either never played the games, or literally, all thumbs..

Red, be on the lookout for the EA Sports Active 2 coming this fall - a bit pricey, but it looks incredible..

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 07:01:23 pm »
I use a comprehensive,highly effective bodyweight routine combining yoga,plyometrics,MAADs (Movement And Agility Drills),martial arts techniques,dynamic tension,gymnastics,and a bunch of sweat.I love total body conditioning and not only have exceptional total body strength but have the flexibility,endurance,energy,explosivity,power,agility,positive mindframe and almost total lack of tension that goes along with it.I can and do create routines for my clients that last no more than 14 minutes...and I regularly peel off 20-30 pounds from my clients in 3 weeks.And no matter what your level of fitness or lack thereof,my routines won't kill you.Plus don't gimme any of this "IM TOO OLD" mess either.I'm 40 years old now and I did THIS on a dare from my client...and AFTER our workout was done:

My whole ZULU PUSHUP ROUTINE is much muuuch more demanding.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw