Author Topic: Rihanna To Make Her Acting Debut In Live Action “Battleship” Adaptation  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
from SHADOW AND ACT:

Rihanna To Make Her Acting Debut In Live Action “Battleship” Adaptation
By Tambay, on July 26th, 2010

Ms Rihanna has previously expressed interest in acting, with her name coming up as a potential cast member for a number of projects over the last year or so. None of them has been certain however… until now.

Variety reports that the songstress will make her feature film debut in the Universal Studios big-budgeted, live action adaptation of the Hasbro’s naval combat board game, Battleship. Rihanna will star alongside Alexander Skarsgard and Taylor Kitsch, with Peter Berg directing; shooting is expected to begin soon, with a May 25, 2012, release date planned.

The film will reportedly take place “across the seas, the skies and over land in a battle for planet survival against a superior force.” Kitsch stars as a Naval officer who leads the fight and Skarsgard will play his brother in the film.

I have no idea what Ms Rihanna’s role will be; but it looks like she’ll be one of the headliners. Maybe love interest to one of the brothers?? Maybe she’ll come between them, and they’ll fight over her, as they sail across the seas, and fly over the land? 

We’ll know more soon enough. She’s certainly starting out big isn’t she?

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
hmm.. wonder how she looks in a uniform..  :-*

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Why would they waste time and money to create this film? and why would she want to start her acting career on movie that is failure from the start? What's next the board game movie, "life" or "shoots and ladders"?
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Why would they waste time and money to create this film? and why would she want to start her acting career on movie that is failure from the start? What's next the board game movie, "life" or "shoots and ladders"?

Candyland: The Movie.

Starring Cheech and Chong.

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
ROFLMAO, this is so stupid............I cant even think why would someone make a movie based on a boring ass board game........I mean really........
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
You know what I just may see this just to see "you sunked my battleship" ROFL
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Dung this one up from way back.  This movie looks like its gonna be hot!

BAMM...Trailer, check it!

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Candyland: The Movie.

Starring Cheech and Chong.

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/01/31/candy-land-movie-adam-sandler_n_1244948.html

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
I really want to see this movie.
i'm glad it's better than i thought it would be.
those alien attack scenes look great and my ppl from Friday Night Lights show up.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
I really want to see this movie.
i'm glad it's better than i thought it would be.
those alien attack scenes look great and my ppl from Friday Night Lights show up.

Hey, it looks like the board game name is kinda the macguffin to get it going, but the plot is its own thing.  Aliens don't stand a chance against Tim Riggins :)