Author Topic: If the Black Panther is in the upcoming Avengers Movie...  (Read 29615 times)

Offline IsmailW

• View Profile
If the Black Panther is in the upcoming Avengers Movie...
« on: August 02, 2010, 10:15:40 am »
Something I did for fun. Spent some time making a Black Panther (Panthers) rendition.  I hope T'Challa and Shuri do show up in the upcoming "Avengers" movie, or even a movie of their own. :)

Who do you think should play T'Challa and Shuri?  

For T'Chaka, I'm thinking Eamonn Walker   http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0907708/  T'Challa and Shuri? I found lots of awesome faces and bodies on the site ModelMayhem that
look like they could play an awesome Shuri and T'Challa.

(Update: August 4, 2010) Newly added iteration

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 09:36:20 pm by IsmailW »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: If the Black Panther is in the upcoming Avengers Movie...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 10:57:19 am »
Superb renderings of Tchalla and Shuri. These would work well in the comic. I always thought it would be a good idea to distinguish Shuri from Tchalla by having her wear armor. Tchalla of course would wear the traditional vibranium microweave. This could be representative of their personalities and philosophical variances. None the less your interpretations are well done.

Eamonn Walker is an excellent choice for T'Chaka. Chiwetel Ejiofor for Tchalla is who I favor. For Shuri introducing an unknown would be a good idea. Black Panther the movie should be an event. Lots of star power, great acting, gripping multi layered story, beautiful visual effects and driving theme music. Think Who Is The Black Panther live action.

Welcome to the best site for Pantherfiles on the net.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline isaiah_bradley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 02:35:48 pm »
to dark knight looking. >:(

Offline IsmailW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 07:43:22 am »
Ture: Many thanks. :)  Hmmm, didn't consider the consider the contrast between the two costume wise.  It's a great suggestion.  
I was thinking that T'Challa would have a variety of suits depending on the situation.  I recall the storyline when he fought vampires with Blade and he (T'Challa) wore a special suit.

Another reason I chose to armor TíChalla up was that when he shows up in the Avengers movie heís going to be standing next to Thor and Iron Man.

When it comes to casting I think Harry Potter and Twilight, relative unknown actors, and yet, their talent and the property they are involved with catapults their careers and name recognition.  BP can do the same for up and comers, in my opinion.

isaiah_bradley:  Please, elaborate.  
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:40:06 am by IsmailW »

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 12:52:45 pm »
I dig the armored look IsmailW.  It's a nice, ready for business look for the character.  It's modern and actually shows that he's wearing some type of armor as opposed to the visual assumption that the tights are supposed to be a vibro-weave...even though there's no detail suggesting that.  Tchalla is, for all intent and purposes, a normal man, in that you can cut, stab, burn, bludgeon and shoot him, so he would definitely wear some type of armor.
However, I agree with Isaiah in that the design does look a little too much like Nolan's Batman.  But Panther's original costume looked a lot like Batman's comic costume so the fault lies in the original design.  You could try to jazz it up a bit by adding some afrocentric-type touches to it.  Nothing loud like kente patterns but something subdued like mudcloth patterns or natural jewelry.  And lose the cape.  What is it with comics and capes?  :D 

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 03:41:43 pm »
bad ass, is what it looks like. The only thing I would say to make it look more bad asser (yes, I said it. asser. Deal with it people!) would be to give T'Challa some retractable claws like his Ultimate counterpart.

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 06:44:15 pm »
Nice artwork:

T'Challa: Micheal Jai White (he is very interest playing as him)

Shuri: Dominique Dawes
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 09:00:58 pm »
Nice artwork:

T'Challa: Micheal Jai White (he is very interest playing as him)

Shuri: Dominique Dawes

Can Dominique Dawes act?
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline IsmailW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 09:21:48 pm »
Shuri: Tremika Sellers

Shuri: Natasha Polk

(Young)T'Challa:  Mike Dwight

Or JamalTheMan (his ModelMayhem name tag)

Kasper Cole: Matt Acton 

He's gotta be in the movie some how.  Chris Holland, possibly young T'Challa

Offline IsmailW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 09:23:02 pm »
All the above faces I found on ModelMayhem.com

Offline IsmailW

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 09:56:29 pm »
Voodochild:  Thanks. :) Good points.  There's about 9 variations on my hard drive for the costume.

Lindy Hemming led the costume design team for Batman Begins and the Dark Knight.  http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_14928.html  Her breakdown of how her and her team made the suit led me to search out some real life source material as well. 
The cape would be dropped in some situations .:)

I liked the Dark Knight.  All that I saw when I was watching it was, "This is Black Panther".  Batman: Begins.  Not sure if any of you heard Priest's interview where he mentions that when he was an editor at DC he proposed a story that has Bruce Wayne climb a mountain to get a rare flower to help with his physical powers.  It was rejected at the time, yet years later shows up in Batman Begins: 

Now compare that to T'Challa and Shuri needing to climb a mountain to get a rare herb that enhances their physical powers. 

Blanks: Thanks. :)  Definitely like the Ultimate retractable claws.:)  They're there, just retracted into his knuckles.:)  Contrast Shuri's claws to his fist/knuckle claws.

AfroSamurai:  Thanks.:)

Offline IsmailW

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 09:18:19 am »
Found some pretty awesome choices for cast suggestions.  http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=12705       http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=12481

Some interesting picks.

Michael Jai White : Erik Killmonger

Denzel Washington : T'Chaka.

Kerry Washington : Storm

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 04:53:40 pm »
Found some pretty awesome choices for cast suggestions.  http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=12705       http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=12481

Some interesting picks.

Michael Jai White : Erik Killmonger

Denzel Washington : T'Chaka.

Kerry Washington : Storm

Michael Jai could rock BP but as a older BP.The current BP for movies should be about 30.I think MICHAEL is like 41.42.But who could bring MICHAEL JAI like skills and is young and can carry a BP movie? If BP isn't getting a movie then yeah MICHAEL JAIL for the part.If he's getting a trilogy,maybe? somebody new and younger looking than MICHAEL JAI
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 05:38:06 pm »
<<The current BP for movies should be about 30>>

If the movie starts about the age he was in the first FF story, I'd say he was in his young 20s.  Current BP in the comics has been active about 10 years making him in early 30s nowadays.

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 06:38:12 pm »
If anyone is watching Leverage on TNT, Aldis Hodge is my choice.

Due to his role a a tech geek and build (not rip like MJW) he is a up and coming actor making moves.