Author Topic: T'challa is DD????  (Read 12417 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
T'challa is DD????
« on: August 02, 2010, 02:12:53 pm »
Marvel is starting a familar teaser--who will be the new Man without Fear?  BP (I'm assuming T'challa) is going to be one of the canditates.  And hasn't Bevoort said something about BP (T'challa) taking a new more central location in the MU.  Could this be T'challa's future as the new Daredevil?

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/new-man-withour-fear-100802.html

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Re: T'challa is DD????
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 03:45:10 pm »
Marvel is starting a familar teaser--who will be the new Man without Fear?  BP (I'm assuming T'challa) is going to be one of the canditates.  And hasn't Bevoort said something about BP (T'challa) taking a new more central location in the MU.  Could this be T'challa's future as the new Daredevil?

Yeah...someone also said it was out of those 5, so it's looking like it. :-X :-[ :'(

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 07:33:10 pm »

Interesting...

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:53:14 pm »
"...Even beyond that  (Klaws), there's another large Panther piece on the horizon that you're probably going to have to wait another month or two before I can tell you about. But we've got enormous plans for the Panther that place him in a central way shoulder-to-shoulder with the big Marvel heavy characters."

Okay so this was Brevoort's comments in the Klaws of the Panther release that is posted on this site. The upcoming Lente Avengers series is 'Dead Avengers' http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27841 so obviously no T'Challa. I've gone for 50-50 to 70-30 T is going to be in DD. If so I think it could be spectacular. T and O move to the NY Embassy. T buys a brownstone/sets up an HQ in Hell's Kitchen...

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 08:12:53 am »
The comics may prove me wrong in the future, but I don't see it.  It'll probably happen, BP to DD, but how does this bring him closer to the "prime time" of the Marvel U?  DD's been in his own little corner of the U, away from the rest of main Marvel Universe pretty much his entire character history.  So with T'Challa taking the DD mantle, does Daredevil now become a national or global force?  I'll check it out, but I'm not sure how this places him in the big leagues.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 11:04:37 am »
Dark forces are at work in Hong Kong to reincarnate a great evil...but the Secret Avengers and that great evil's son -- SHANG CHI -- are also on these dark streets! As is a new secret member of Marvel's hottest covert Avengers team! By the all-star team-up of Ed Brubaker and Mike Deodato.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
SECRET AVENGERS #7

How about Both? He joins SECRET AVENGERS to help defend Wakanda's interest covertly and also (one again spy on the heroes :D) and then moves to the Wakandan consulate in New York city, to run his multi-billion dollar technology company that provides the AVENGERS Quinjets and other materials, which would also be a way to support Wakanda, pit him against Roxxon corp etc…[this would be too good to be true].

But him just becoming the “Man without Fear” doesn’t make sense.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 11:57:59 am »
Of course I don't have any real idea either but my thinking is this: it is obvious Marvel has plans for him. Brevoort, Mayberry have unequivocally stated it. There is no BP book so where? Not the new Avengers by Lente. Secret Avengers would be a good fit I agree. In the FF title? Possible. In an X title? I think he should have already been a semi-regular in one. But all those you could slip him into tomorrow. I don't see a reason they would be something you couldn't talk about already. Daredevil is different. You guys are more steeped in Marvel knowledge than I am but from my perspective it's kind of perfect. I don't think he would operate like Murdock. I think they would definitely incorporate Reed Richards for one, Stark, Steve Rogers, Cage, Logan...

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 12:04:29 pm »
Of course I don't have any real idea either but my thinking is this: it is obvious Marvel has plans for him. Brevoort, Mayberry have unequivocally stated it. There is no BP book so where? Not the new Avengers by Lente. Secret Avengers would be a good fit I agree. In the FF title? Possible. In an X title? I think he should have already been a semi-regular in one. But all those you could slip him into tomorrow. I don't see a reason they would be something you couldn't talk about already. Daredevil is different. You guys are more steeped in Marvel knowledge than I am but from my perspective it's kind of perfect. I don't think he would operate like Murdock. I think they would definitely incorporate Reed Richards for one, Stark, Steve Rogers, Cage, Logan...

but why would he go to Hell's Kitchen while Wakanda is being attacked? It really has to make sense and the back lash from DD fans. I don't know. You make some vaild points.

he could end up in the FF or something. Maybe SA...I don't know and Marvel is acting like this is some huge deal. But they also told us that this was a "big year"... and it only has been a big year of Disappointments

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 09:51:59 pm »
IMO, it just doesn't make sense to make him Daredevil.  If you take Daredevil out of Hell's Kitchen and make him a global threat responder, then he's not Daredevil anymore.  They're basically taking two Batman archetypes and merging them together, DD's Batman cold, brooding side and T'Challa's the prep-time, always prepared (unless he's being choked out by Doom) side.   Then what happens when Murdock most certainly comes back?  Personally, I think they'd do better to come up with another identity for T'Challa or give him back the Panther habit. 

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 10:03:02 am »
You guys look at it from a lot a different position than I do, to me it's a comic book, he's a great character and you can do anything you want. The sense is they have something they're planning for Murdock and here is another neat toy (character) to play with who isn't being used at all and fits. It's probably not happening BUT if it did it would not be permanent and it would be a good plot jolt.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 11:20:49 am »
You guys look at it from a lot a different position than I do, to me it's a comic book, he's a great character and you can do anything you want. The sense is they have something they're planning for Murdock and here is another neat toy (character) to play with who isn't being used at all and fits. It's probably not happening BUT if it did it would not be permanent and it would be a good plot jolt.

What you said is ultimately the truth.  It's a comic...he's a character and whatever they want to do with him, they can do with him at their discretion.  Sure, it would be a plot jolt, but funny thing is, I don't think the Daredevil book needs a plot jolt, its been going along well on it's own.  Add that to the fact that the "take up the mantle" thing has been done to death, especially recently, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 12:51:50 pm »
Yeah, it has been done to death so that's why they do it: it's a safe move with an instant buzz.

But (while I don't think T is it) the other question to ask, Who'd be in the role (other than Matt)?  We should probably be happy it isn't Logan or deadpool.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 01:11:10 pm »
I'm still gonna guess Kraven.

He'll go too far and force Matt to come out of retirement/rehab/whatever.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 03:45:54 pm »
...so if not in 'The Man without Fear' what do you guys speculate this T'Challa project might be?

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 03:50:24 pm »
It's starting to look like the Man without Fear for T'challa. Daredevil is ending at the end of Shadowland. Maybe Vic is right about Kraven, but somehow I don't see Kraven being able to go too far...as Matt has already done that.

Besides...it's either he is the new memeber of SA, or this. SA isn't a project. So I'm actually thinking that he might be the new Man without fear.