Author Topic: T'challa is DD????  (Read 12386 times)

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: T'challa is DD????
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 06:27:56 pm »
It's starting to look like the Man without Fear for T'challa. Daredevil is ending at the end of Shadowland. Maybe Vic is right about Kraven, but somehow I don't see Kraven being able to go too far...as Matt has already done that.

Besides...it's either he is the new memeber of SA, or this. SA isn't a project. So I'm actually thinking that he might be the new Man without fear.

That's the way I'm seeing it. Man Without Fear--or some new project like an Illuminati title...

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 07:28:37 am »
Well I think T'challa has been daredevil before.......
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline jwoo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 01:31:41 am »
T'Challa will be taking over after Daredevil, not taking up the mantle of Daredevil but as BP the new protection in and around Hell's Kitchen. How do I know this; because Marvel gave the biggest hint when they informed BP subscription holders that BP was cancelled and the subscription was being switched to Daredevil  ;D

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 07:59:56 pm »
Good point JWOO, but its been like a year since the last BP until the new "DD" shows up.  Anyone's subcription would have ran out, but still a possible clue.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 06:42:36 pm »
I can't wait to hear what happens one way or the other, anybody with T news pleased be sure to share :D

Offline Pantherfan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 09:23:50 am »
T'Challa subbed for Murdoch before so it is possible. Plus him and Matt are friends, even though we haven't seen them hangout in years.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 02:04:52 am »
^
I didn't know that T'Challa had been Daredevil until people on this board informed me. Could someone tell me when exactly he was DD and for how long? Also, do you know if those adventures are in a trade?

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 04:31:37 pm »
confirmed on g4 today
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 04:57:35 pm »
And more here

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/black-panther-daredevil-100914.html

"G4's Blair Butler reported the creative team as novelist David Liss and aritst Francesco Francavilla"

Anyone familar with the novalist's work?

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 05:37:28 pm »
I guess many of you guys/gals were right about this. I think its a bad decision, though granted it possibly will get T'Challa more visibility. You don't wreck Wakanda and then ship him off to defend Hell's Kitchen. Doesn't NYC have enough protectors? I'm curious to see how they are going to explain that. Are they going to leave Wakanda in a lurch or resolve its crises before T'Challa moves to NY I wonder? Somehow I doubt it.

Geez, if you have to place him in America, why not a city that doesn't get a lot of focus like Detroit, Baltimore, or New Orleans? Who says the Man Without Fear has to stay in Hell's Kitchen?

I will be checking out the first issue regardless to see what this new spin will be like. With the title, I wonder if he will be reclaiming his mantle, or will T'Challa and Shuri both share the title? Perhaps like Bruce and Dick are about to do in the Batman books.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 06:25:19 pm »
Hmm I wonder if they will remove/downplay the powers JM gave him; and how does Storm fit in this?

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 06:26:37 pm »
I thought I told y'all damnit  :o I am soooo pleased ;D

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 07:05:18 pm »
I guess many of you guys/gals were right about this. I think its a bad decision, though granted it possibly will get T'Challa more visibility. You don't wreck Wakanda and then ship him off to defend Hell's Kitchen. Doesn't NYC have enough protectors? I'm curious to see how they are going to explain that. Are they going to leave Wakanda in a lurch or resolve its crises before T'Challa moves to NY I wonder? Somehow I doubt it.

Geez, if you have to place him in America, why not a city that doesn't get a lot of focus like Detroit, Baltimore, or New Orleans? Who says the Man Without Fear has to stay in Hell's Kitchen?

I will be checking out the first issue regardless to see what this new spin will be like. With the title, I wonder if he will be reclaiming his mantle, or will T'Challa and Shuri both share the title? Perhaps like Bruce and Dick are about to do in the Batman books.

Co-sign your thoughts about Hell's Kitchen and NY. If I was a villain, I'd do my dirt in every other town BUT NY. I get the feeling the heroes would just shrug and say, "Eh, I protect NY, so..."
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 07:12:58 pm »
The NYC thing; it's like Clark Kent's glasses.  It really doesn't work, but we accept that it does.  Or Batman's cape.  No way someone like Bats would wear a cape and move like him, but we accept he does.  Or like Hulk's pants.  No reason the pants stay on, but we accept they do.

So there is no reason everyone operates in NYC except that in the MU, they do.

(Though there was a Quasar story that said a cosmic "abstracts" "kept" super-hero activity locked in NYC for some reason.)

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 07:42:37 pm »
In the immortal words of Florida Evans; "Damn! Damn! Daaaaaamn!"

In the immortal words of Shaka Zulu; "The swallows have won, Dingane."

T'Challa, fresh off of a butt-kicking by Doom, is positioned to get that butt kicked by Kingpin and the rest of DD's rogue's gallery. Meanwhile, his marriage to Ororo is as good as over. The x-fans will have their bisexual Ororo back. The LCB-RD will celebrate a Marvel U devoid of any significant relationship or development in the characterization where its two premier black characters are concerned. The Marvel Comics "Tea Party" emerges triumphant.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.