Author Topic: This Time  (Read 7044 times)

Offline Cage

• View Profile
Re: This Time
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 12:33:08 pm »
A couple more:

It was also my Aunt Julia's 85th birthday and we were blessed to share it with her so we got her a cake and everyone came to the dance floor and sang Stevie's version of Happy Birthday.

Our first meal as a married couple.

I ventured into the courtyard followed by 52 brothers bruised battered and scarred but hard.

Offline Cage

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 12:47:02 pm »
Aw man, that picture must make you so happy.  I have no idea what I told you but if it resulted in that image, then I'm glad I said it.

In Brief:
I made a post about how there was a literal and figurative great distance between my daughter and I.  You encouraged me to reach out to her as much as possible  and have as much communication even if it seemed insignificant and assured me (even if  didn't believe it) that she would appreciate me being there even if she didn't show it.  At times I even felt like she disdained me, but you and others here (Curt, Sam, Blue and others) encouraged me and told me that my perception was not reality and you were right. 

One funny story, she was recounting the wedding to her mom over the phone and said that her favorite part was that she had a special dance with her dad.  At the time that we were dancing I didn't think she enjoyed it all. But sure enough she loved it.  We danced to Brian McKnight's "love of my life" which has always been my song to her. It came out right around when she was born. Particularly the lyrics "First time I looked into your eyes I saw Heaven."  After a couple of minutes I then yielded so that she could dance with my brothers and nephew. It was really cool.

I ventured into the courtyard followed by 52 brothers bruised battered and scarred but hard.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 07:21:31 am »
Aw man, the power of HEF.  Glad I was helpful.  Those pictures and that story are the best.

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 05:03:30 pm »
Hope you don't mind bro, but that redeye on your wife's picture was messing with me. I had to "fix" it.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 12:57:40 pm »
Cage, that's the best story I've heard in a good while. That's what makes everything worthwhile. I'm so glad HEF has a small role in something that wonderful.

Here's to you brother. By the way, your wife is beautiful and foine. That's an objective fact. Count your blessings.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Imaro

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 01:41:02 pm »
Sak passe Cage, Congrats and welcome to the club! From a happily married Haitian Newbie. Y'all look great together; aren't Haitian women awesome  ;)!!!!

If you want some great Haitian/Creole books or history tutorials give me a holla.

God best!

Paul F.
I am an invisible man. When they approach me they see only my surroundings, themselves, or figments of their imagination-indeed, everything and anything except me. - Ralph Ellison (Invisible Man)