Author Topic: Yoga is for Black People too!  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Yoga is for Black People too!
« on: August 25, 2010, 01:42:42 pm »
Ommmmmmmmmmmm!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Greg

• View Profile
Re: Yoga is for Black People too!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 09:51:00 am »
I absolutely LOVE yoga!

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 07:04:55 pm »
Hands down,yoga is the single best exercise for the human body in every phase of human life that has been or will be ever invented.period.I rely upon my variant of yoga heavily.Very heavily.The results have been stupendous.Aaand of course it was created in the Motherland and disseminated from there...PRE-"OMMMMM" chants by thousands of years.Lol.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 09:04:16 pm »
I wish I had done yoga early in my life, like in my childhood.  it's a fantastic foundation for any physical activity that follows.  with sports programs being cut, they should have yoga in all schools as a cheap but super effective way for kids to get fit.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 05:51:18 am »
Know someone who has taught yoga since the 80s...it does incorporate many diverse power moves and techniques that would work if used consistently by all....African people created yoga - per usual the oldest people on earth don't get credit.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 05:56:28 am »
Hmmm I yoga myself every other morning before I do some cardio exercises.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 08:26:09 pm »
Know someone who has taught yoga since the 80s...it does incorporate many diverse power moves and techniques that would work if used consistently by all....African people created yoga - per usual the oldest people on earth don't get credit.

Well said and all too true!
I wish I had done yoga early in my life, like in my childhood.  it's a fantastic foundation for any physical activity that follows.  with sports programs being cut, they should have yoga in all schools as a cheap but super effective way for kids to get fit.

One of my intense wishes is that I'd known of and practiced yoga since childhood.I'd be at least twice as strong and 2-3 as flexible as I am now,and it's mental and spiritual and focusing aspects are without parallel.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 06:43:12 pm »
Y.O.G.A. for Youth at Watts Learning Center
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй