Author Topic: Prince announces tour to start in December  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Prince announces tour to start in December
« on: October 14, 2010, 10:49:45 pm »
Prince announces tour to start in December

NEW YORK Iconic singer Prince says he's planning a tour to begin in December that will feature him, his band and other performers.

The 52-year-old said Thursday night at New York's famed Apollo Theater that he was announcing "a series of events," dubbed "Welcome 2 America."

He says he will perform with his band, the New Power Generation, and serve as master of ceremonies.

The singer says "Welcome 2 America" is "best described as what we've all been waiting for." He tells concertgoers to "bring friends, bring your children and bring foot spray 'cause it's gon' be funky."

Prince says the shows will feature funk, R&B and jazz artists including Maceo Parker, Janelle Monae, Mint Condition, Esperanza Spalding, Lalah Hathaway, Sheila E., Cassandra Wilson and Graham Central Station.

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
Re: Prince announces tour to start in December
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 11:43:07 pm »
It's time to break the piggy bank Prince and Sade with tours! I can't wait !! I don't care if I have to fly to another state for good seats use any broke down connections I have I plan on having a really good time a both! ;D

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 11:31:33 am »
I have never seen Prince, live.. I have only seen Sheila E and the Time (both only in the last 7 years).. I read at one point that Prince no longer does his 80's or early 90's era hits.. any truth to that?
I hope the show comes to Detroit..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 01:26:53 am »
I have never seen Prince, live.. I have only seen Sheila E and the Time (both only in the last 7 years).. I read at one point that Prince no longer does his 80's or early 90's era hits.. any truth to that?
I hope the show comes to Detroit..

Waaay back in dating history my hubby took me to see the Time it was chill. Still remember what I wore!

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 08:40:30 pm »
The Time gives a free show here every year during race week. I've been twice, it's a great show. I saw the Lovesexy tour. It was my first concert, still got the glossy program.

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 07:36:58 pm »
Who saw Patti Labelle perform Purple Rain at the Achievement Awards?

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 08:23:55 pm »
Wow. Not sure how he's going to perform with two bad hips, but...I will figure out a way to be there.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin