Author Topic: Black Panther Suspended  (Read 56290 times)

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther Suspended
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2006, 11:01:55 am »

"...the rapist MADE her want it." Why, hell yes. Why not? What black married woman and Queen of a powerful African nation would NOT want some white racist rapist's hands all over her naked body making "her want it"?

That's pure biology. Had nothing to do with Ramonda "wanting" it, just the body reacting to stimuli. Still rape, though.

Absolutely right. The unfortunate wording of my statement didn't convey the message I meant to communicate.

Of course Ramonda didn't truly enjoy her sexual exploitation at the hands of the white racist Anton Pretorious. She hated it. She hated him. Many times Pretorious told Ramonda that he "loved her" and begged her to return that "love". Ramonda told Pretorious that what he was doing to her had nothing to do with love and that he shouldn't call it that.

What I was attempting to get at was the way in which McGregor characterized Pretorious' rape of Ramonda and truly did her a disservice by claiming that she was "made to want it." That type of sick presentation of what was the abduction, forced imprisonment and repeated rape of a woman as "touching" in a way that would engender her positive response is an insult to Ramonda, far too kind to the white racist Pretorious and quite possibly could feed any sick fantasies harbored in the minds of the more troubled whiny fanguy out there. The type of guy who still believes that when a woman says "no", she really means "yes".
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2006, 11:04:15 am »
that reminds me.

I forgot"

Shola inkosi- Genoshan mutant depowered but has taken Terrigen Mists so is semi powered (uncontrollably) as last seen

Darwin- current powered Xman that is grey-skinned.  Hey I will take what i can get :-\.

And one thing I noticed among the most prominent Black males thus far where prominence is determined by there importance to the book and not being a fringe/comic relief character, they have similar powers.  Synch, Prodigy and Bishop all absorb powers to some extent. I guess negroes can't be have powers unless someone else is giving it to them  :-\.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Not just black women
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2006, 04:14:44 pm »
Talk about rape? Oh, that was well and dandy because she was just f*cking him to keep herself alive.  ::) Don't get me wrong, it was the smart thing to do, but...why Storm? Why is it always Storm?

A better question might be this Jenn.  When it comes to the rape of women in Marvel Comics, why does it always have to be a black woman who is being raped?

Actually, it was implied that Rogue was raped while a prisoner in Genosha. Ms. Marvel's was raped by the villain named Marcus  - she was brainwashed into bearing him a new body. Kevin Smith retconned the Black Cat's history to reveal she was raped in college. Before X-Men: Genesis it was believed the Sh'iar despot, D'Ken, raped the mother of Cyclops and Havok. Psylocke was almost raped by the Kaptain Briton of Earth-794.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
Re: Not just black women
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2006, 04:17:51 pm »
Talk about rape? Oh, that was well and dandy because she was just f*cking him to keep herself alive.  ::) Don't get me wrong, it was the smart thing to do, but...why Storm? Why is it always Storm?

A better question might be this Jenn.  When it comes to the rape of women in Marvel Comics, why does it always have to be a black woman who is being raped?

Actually, it was implied that Rogue was raped while a prisoner in Genosha. Ms. Marvel's was raped by the villain named Marcus  - she was brainwashed into bearing him a new body. Kevin Smith retconned the Black Cat's history to reveal she was raped in college. Before X-Men: Genesis it was believed the Sh'iar despot, D'Ken, raped the mother of Cyclops and Havok. Psylocke was almost raped by the Kaptain Briton of Earth-794.

Yeah the real question is why do women always have to be raped?  There aren't enough BLack women in comic books to say that its always the black women that are raped.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2006, 04:28:53 pm »
W.I.R.

Women in Refrigerators.   :-[
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

mostto

« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2006, 05:22:28 pm »

your trippin, that's completely false. recently, kate bishop 'hawkeye'' from young avengers told cage's wife that she was raped years ago ( young avengers special 1).

dont see things where there are no such things.

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2006, 01:53:30 am »
mulatto ain't white but its closer than no white.  Kasper could have just as soon had two Black parents and a Black girfriend.  Do you really think halle Berry would be as popular as she is had she not been mulatto and so light-skinned?  Kasper was drawn as "practically white."  Essentially he whitened Black Panther up a bit.
In my experience (which I'm not dumb enough to clai is universal, but still...) unless you literally look White, you count as Black in most White people's eyes. Halle isn't popularly known as a 'mixed-race actress', she's known as a 'Black actress', although I'm sure that being light-skinned didn't hurt her, she's still just seen as a 'light-skinned Black actress'.

I agree that Priest was looking at different racial politics, but I don't think he thought for a moment that the White fanboys he tried to snare with Ross would find Kasper any easier to identify with than T'Challa. I agree, Kasper was drawn really light, but he still had the broader nose and hair that clearly marked him as non-White.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2006, 01:55:19 am »
I liked Kaspar, but not as the Panther.  I understand the thinking involved behind the change however.  Like I said, I KNOW guys like Kasper.  Can't say the same about T'challa ( who I prefer as  BP for the record).
Definitely. Kasper having his own identity as the White Tiger works much better, as in The Crew ('Rhooooood-eeeee').

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2006, 06:03:00 am »

Rogue couldn't give it to Gambit no matter how hard she tried to. Gambit wanted it desperately and so did Rogue. Whenever they tried to make love together, Rogue's power would begin to drain the lifeforce from Gambit resulting in agonizing sexual frustration for them both. Now, if Rogue couldn't give it to the man she loves more than anyone else because of the curse that is her power, how is a human, mutant-hating Genoshan going to take from her what she couldn't give willingly to Gambit? I believe it is safe to assume that Rogue wasn't ever raped by anyone, implied or otherwise.

Ms Marvel was abducted by this "Marcus" and kept prisoner in his "reality". During which time, Ms Marvel was subjected to brainwashing and sensual seduction. Marcus didn't take Ms Marvel until she herself believed herself to be "willing" to be taken. When he had impregnated her with himself, Ms Marvel then was made to forget the entire incident. When her rapid pregnancy and delivery of the "child" took place, no one was more mystified than Ms Marvel herself. When she finally remembered what had transpired and Marcus decided that he had to return to his "reality" because his presence in the "616 reality" was creating incredible havoc, Ms Marvel willingly...WILLINGLY...decided to accompany Marcus back to his "reality". I repeat, Ms Marvel WILLINGLY RETURNED WITH MARCUS TO HIS REALITY. Didn't she?  :)

Ms Marvel was abducted and brainwashed, but unlike Ramonda, Ms Marvel was NOT RAPED. Ms Marvel was romanced and seduced. When T'Challa finally found his mother and was in the process of rescuing her from Anton Pretorious, that white racist rapist had the audacity to tell her once again that he loved her and asked her to please stay with him. Ramonda's reply was a wicked right cross delivered squarely to his white racist, rapist jawbone. You see? Ms Marvel, the abducted, romanced and seduced woman willingly decided to return to the "reality" of the man who had done those things to her. Ramonda would never have made the same decision as did Ms Marvel because RAMONDA WAS RAPED and Ms Marvel was not.

I'm not aware of the "retconned" story about the Black Cat. I never got into her character and when I began to lose interest in Spider-Man, the Black Cat became a non-entity to me. In fact, I only remembered her recently through this current run of the Panther when Luke Cage stated that he'd "had" the Black Cat on a sofa that was destroyed during his and T'Challa's battle with the ninjas. Psylocke's "almost" rape in no way compares to the horrific ordeal suffered by Ramonda.

Now Toya ...  Toya, Toya, Toya  :D  ...not "Tora! Tora! Tora!" for those of you who might have been wondering.

Toya, wherever did you get the idea that I disliked romantic pairings between white men and black women (or women of color) and was "crazy" about romantic pairings featuring black men and white women?  :D

I merely mentioned that Marvel has had more than a few such "white male/black female" pairings and not as many of the other type. I was indifferent to Namor's romantic pursuit of the young black female during the so-called racist John Byrne's run. I didn't have a fit when I saw Danny Rand kissing and romancing Misty Knight. I didn't flip my wig when I discovered the strange relationship Kraven the Hunter had with the Haitian beauty "Calypso". Did I have anything untoward to say about that "Tom Terrific" guy - I've forgotten his name, but you are a big fan of his I assume. He is the guy who lives on the exotic island, is married to a black woman and has a bi-racial daughter with her who aids in his crimefighting activities. I didn't bust any chops about that  :) What sparked my ire was the response of the "RoLo" and Forge factions who claimed that those two losers had a stronger claim to Ororo in the romance department than did T'Challa. When "those fans" resorted to the "Marvel is only marrying T'Challa to Ororo because they are both black" bullshiznit, I was too through with those fools. White Reed Richards is married to white Sue Storm. White Hank Pym is/was married to Janet Van Dyne. White male characters have romanced white female characters since "who shot JR" and the whiny fanguy/fangal out there didn't utter a peep.

T'Challa's romance with Monica Lynne, Luke Cage's romance with Claire Temple and the physical attraction and dating that took place between Hector Ayala (White Tiger I) and Peter Parker friend, Gloria Grant were laudable moves by Marvel. I was more into the action then, as I am now, but I think they were making an attempt to diversify even back then. I wasn't turning flip flops about John Stewart's love affair with Shayera Hol in the Justice League television show...by the way, I think the writer of DC's JLA may already be laying the groundwork for a possible relationship between Hawkgirl and Black Lightning  ;) .... but no, Toya. I wasn't shouting exclamations of joy from the rooftops when Luke Cage married Jessica Jones. I am a "come lately" to that relationship. The thing I liked most about their wedding issue was the artwork by Oliver Coipel. If I had my way, I'd grant Tandy Bowen her wish to be a "normal teenager" and send her on her merry way. I would then give her power to a black female teenager who would then become the new Dagger and Cloak's new partner.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 06:13:21 am by sinjection »

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2006, 06:57:17 am »

Rogue couldn't give it to Gambit no matter how hard she tried to. Gambit wanted it desperately and so did Rogue. Whenever they tried to make love together, Rogue's power would begin to drain the lifeforce from Gambit resulting in agonizing sexual frustration for them both. Now, if Rogue couldn't give it to the man she loves more than anyone else because of the curse that is her power, how is a human, mutant-hating Genoshan going to take from her what she couldn't give willingly to Gambit? I believe it is safe to assume that Rogue wasn't ever raped by anyone, implied or otherwise.

Long, long ago before Jim Lee begun his X-Men days the team was hiding out in Australia. This was after the "Fall of the Mutants" special event. Wolverine and Rogue were the first X-Men to visit Genosha. There they lost their powers to a mutate who could deactive them. The two were captured and emprisoned. In there, Rogue suffered some type of trauma and stayed huddled in her cell.

As one of the Genosha guards said,"I'm afraid some of my officers took a few...liberties when she was being processed. What they thought was fun she evidently felt was something else."

Ms Marvel was abducted and brainwashed...

You hit it right there. She was abducted and BRAINWASHED. She wasn't impregnated of her own free will. After she became free Carol returned and moved to San Francisco where she was then attacked by Rogue. In Avengers Annual #10 Carol lambasts the Avengers for believing she was in her right mind when she was with Marcus and bore him a baby.

As for Psylocke, she was still targeted for rape and that's still terrible.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2006, 09:18:14 am »
that reminds me.

I forgot"

Shola inkosi- Genoshan mutant depowered but has taken Terrigen Mists so is semi powered (uncontrollably) as last seen

Darwin- current powered Xman that is grey-skinned.  Hey I will take what i can get :-\.

And one thing I noticed among the most prominent Black males thus far where prominence is determined by there importance to the book and not being a fringe/comic relief character, they have similar powers.  Synch, Prodigy and Bishop all absorb powers to some extent. I guess negroes can't be have powers unless someone else is giving it to them  :-\.

:D

I don't think the "power dependance" thing many black male Marvel characters seem to have isn't wholly without forethought and pre-design. They seem to be more "reactionary" than necessarily aggressive. I have nothing against a good counter-puncher, but Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Sugar Ray Robinson AND Leonard... and other great, black boxing champions would never have become so if all they did was counter-punch without ever taking the offensive. Marvel Comics' white creators have hamstrung black male characters. Those white creators have BY DESIGN, made black male characters physically weaker than their white male counterparts. Nezhno = "tenderly". What happened to "aggressively"? What happened to "I'll kick your a$$ if you push me to it"? "Tenderly"? That's the white male Marvel Comics' creator at work.

Read some of the comments posted by "those fans" and you'll find things like the following: "T'Challa is smart. But he isn't quite as smart as Reed Richards or Tony Stark." Don't think those whiny (often white), fanguys and fangals don't take a measure of comfort in knowing that no matter how smart a black superhero becomes, there's always a white superhero smarter ... that no matter how strong a black superhero becomes, there's always a white superhero stronger. Storm is the strongest, the mightiest black character in the Marvel universe and Thor (not Clorox), defeated her with a breath-stealing kiss. That's bullshiznit!

The relationship between Cloak and Dagger irks me very much. Dagger seems to be able to cope with her powers just fine. She simply needs to burn off excess light from time to time. On the otherhand, Cloak is constantly at war with his powers and is practically dependent upon Dagger for his sanity and ability to cope with his powers. On one occasion, Dagger actually had to take Cloak's power into herself because Cloak had gone "plumb loco". This can only happen when white comic book writers are writng the book. We need Reggie Hudlin. We need MORE writers LIKE Reggie Hudlin. I don't give a damn what the whiny fanguy and fangal think about it.

I don't know if anyone else read the piece in Wizard magazine where Captain America and Iron Man were sizing up each other and the significant members of each other's team in the Civil War. According to Iron Man, the member of Cap's team he was most concerned about was Luke Cage. The reason Iron Man gave for being so? He said that no member of Cap's team would fight hardest with his back against the wall than would Cage. So Cap's back has never been against the wall? In all of his WWII battles, there was never a time when he had to get "mad dog mean and dirty" to survive and pull out of victory? I think Iron Man's assessment of Cage was just so much stupid lip service. Any Marvel character who believed his or her cause to be just would fight like hell when their "back was against the wall." Give a black male character some real power. There isn't a black male Marvel character whose physical strength even approaches that of Doc Samson. That's disgusting. In the meantime, we have situations where a punk called "Hellion" has to play nursemaid to a de-powered, impotent black male mutant character. You tell me those white Marvel creators and writers aren't aware of what they're doing when they portray black male characters in this manner. I would respectfully reply that you're mistaken, to say the least.

Now to show you all I'm not such a horrible person, I'll end this post with a pleasant smile  :)

You see? It's all good  ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 09:31:19 am by sinjection »

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2006, 09:45:31 am »
Now Toya ...  Toya, Toya, Toya  :D  ...not "Tora! Tora! Tora!" for those of you who might have been wondering.

Toya, wherever did you get the idea that I disliked romantic pairings between white men and black women (or women of color) and was "crazy" about romantic pairings featuring black men and white women?  :D

I merely mentioned that Marvel has had more than a few such "white male/black female" pairings and not as many of the other type. I was indifferent to Namor's romantic pursuit of the young black female during the so-called racist John Byrne's run. I didn't have a fit when I saw Danny Rand kissing and romancing Misty Knight. I didn't flip my wig when I discovered the strange relationship Kraven the Hunter had with the Haitian beauty "Calypso". Did I have anything untoward to say about that "Tom Terrific" guy - I've forgotten his name, but you are a big fan of his I assume. He is the guy who lives on the exotic island, is married to a black woman and has a bi-racial daughter with her who aids in his crimefighting activities. I didn't bust any chops about that  :) What sparked my ire was the response of the "RoLo" and Forge factions who claimed that those two losers had a stronger claim to Ororo in the romance department than did T'Challa. When "those fans" resorted to the "Marvel is only marrying T'Challa to Ororo because they are both black" bullshiznit, I was too through with those fools. White Reed Richards is married to white Sue Storm. White Hank Pym is/was married to Janet Van Dyne. White male characters have romanced white female characters since "who shot JR" and the whiny fanguy/fangal out there didn't utter a peep.

T'Challa's romance with Monica Lynne, Luke Cage's romance with Claire Temple and the physical attraction and dating that took place between Hector Ayala (White Tiger I) and Peter Parker friend, Gloria Grant were laudable moves by Marvel. I was more into the action then, as I am now, but I think they were making an attempt to diversify even back then. I wasn't turning flip flops about John Stewart's love affair with Shayera Hol in the Justice League television show...by the way, I think the writer of DC's JLA may already be laying the groundwork for a possible relationship between Hawkgirl and Black Lightning  ;) .... but no, Toya. I wasn't shouting exclamations of joy from the rooftops when Luke Cage married Jessica Jones. I am a "come lately" to that relationship. The thing I liked most about their wedding issue was the artwork by Oliver Coipel. If I had my way, I'd grant Tandy Bowen her wish to be a "normal teenager" and send her on her merry way. I would then give her power to a black female teenager who would then become the new Dagger and Cloak's new partner.

No arguments from me, sin.  :)
...Rassclaat.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2006, 07:22:57 pm »

Long, long ago before Jim Lee begun his X-Men days the team was hiding out in Australia. This was after the "Fall of the Mutants" special event. Wolverine and Rogue were the first X-Men to visit Genosha. There they lost their powers to a mutate who could deactive them. The two were captured and emprisoned. In there, Rogue suffered some type of trauma and stayed huddled in her cell.

As one of the Genosha guards said,"I'm afraid some of my officers took a few...liberties when she was being processed. What they thought was fun she evidently felt was something else."

Ms Marvel was abducted and brainwashed...

You hit it right there. She was abducted and BRAINWASHED. She wasn't impregnated of her own free will. After she became free Carol returned and moved to San Francisco where she was then attacked by Rogue. In Avengers Annual #10 Carol lambasts the Avengers for believing she was in her right mind when she was with Marcus and bore him a baby.

As for Psylocke, she was still targeted for rape and that's still terrible.

About Rogue:

Q: Was Rogue raped by the guards in the first Genosha storyline?

A: No, she wasn't, and it says so right in the captions in the same issue
(UXM #236) it supposedly happened in. Check the series of captions during
the slow close-up to Rogue's cell. The guards slapped her around some and
made fun of her, but nothing sexual happened.

"All they did was touch her.
     Rude hands, ruder glances -- taunting promises of worse to come.
     She couldn't stop them.
     For so long, she dreamed of being able to touch another person,
     without her power absorbing his/her psyche.
     To hold, to caress, to kiss, just like any other -- normal --
     teenage girl.
     In those dreams, it was the most beautiful of moments.
     She never imagined being handled against her will."

Note also that Carol, as an eyewitness, so to speak, says in UXM #244 (also
Jubilee's first appearance) that "Nothing happened. But that wasn't the
point".

http://omicron.felk.cvut.cz/FAQ/articles/a3984.html

As for Ms Marvel:

Yes, she was abducted and initially - if I remember correctly - she did make an attempt to escape. However over time, due to the subtle mental manipulation and sensual seductions by Marcus which was full of the type of romance a woman loves, Ms Marvel grew to accept and enjoy her stay with Marcus. When she made love to Marcus, she did so at that time of her own free will. When she decided to return to Marcus' reality - this after discovering what he had done to her - she did so willingly. Ms Marvel was manipulated at first. But when she made her decision to return with Marcus to the "reality" where he had romanced and seduced her, she did so of her own free will. Ms Marvel was NOT raped. There was never any romance where Ramonda was concerned, only rape.

Attempted rape is awful. No doubt about it. But what Psylocke experienced was nowhere near as bad as what Ramonda had to suffer through.

So #1 Rogue was definitely NOT raped.

#2 Ms Marvel was definitely NOT raped.

#3 Psylocke went through a painful experience - "near" rape. But almost falling off a cliff isn't as devastating as falling off a cliff is it? Ramonda was raped. Psylocke was NOT raped.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 05:32:16 am by sinjection1 »
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2006, 05:30:46 am »
Okay, this is my final post to this topic. I promise  :)

Open Palm, after skimming the contents of the accompanying link, I could concede that while Ms Marvel wasn't violated as horrifically as was Ramonda, that she was nevertheless manipulated and violated by the son of Immortus. I still contend that Ms Marvel's decision to return to limbo with Marcus willingly puts what happened to her into some dispute. Was Ms Marvel raped or was she seduced? While Ramonda wouldn't allow her son T'Challa to kill the fiend who had abducted, imprisoned, and violated her for years, she still had nothing but utter contempt for the racist. Conversely, Ms Marvel seemed to pity and even show some affection for Marcus when she willingly decided to return with him to limbo. For the record, I remember reading that story when it first came out. I didn't like it then. I despised Marcus for what he did to Ms Marvel. I felt sorry for Ms Marvel and was at a loss to understand why she would decide to return with him to limbo instead of calling for the commencement of an "Avengers Assemble" a$$-beating on Marcus.

Anyway, here's the link: http://members.aol.com/linaskye/msmrape2.html
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2006, 06:16:38 am »
And now, promptly breaking the promise I'd made earlier, I now agree with Open Palm's contention that Ms Marvel was absolutely raped and the account of her ordeal was plotted by a white writer and written by another white writer in such a way in which the story would be best received by the majority of the "larger comicbook buying demographic".

Read the following to see how Ms Marvel was disgraced by those writers:

"This is not hidden between the lines. Little kids can read the obvious fact: he raped Ms. Marvel. The artwork goes to great lengths -- two close-up panels -- to show Ms. Marvel's ecstacy during the pseudo-mating.

Ah ha. Another lesson to be learned from comics. It's okay to rape. Women enjoy rape.

Immediately after implanting himself in some sort of pseudo-scientific fashion into Ms. Marvel's womb, machinery teleported her to her jet, seconds after the time she had been abducted by Marcus. The machinery also wiped out her recent memory -- better to leave these females ignorant, right? Marcus couldn't care less about the feelings of a woman who suddenly found herself pregnant -- and giving birth -- for no apparent reason.

This is not Marcus' fault. He is ignorant of human feelings, being brought up by the equally unfeeling Immortus.

The explanation of Ms. Marvel's rape is made to Carol, Thor, Iron Man and Hawkeye. It is obvious that Immortus' machines have renewed their effect upon Ms. Marvel. Remember the angry rape victim at the beginning of the story? Now with a glisten in her eye and sob in her heart, she tenderly strokes the rapist's cheek and tells him that she will return with him to his home. She even adopts his Oedipal way of speaking. Of all the times Marcus refers to her directly, it is as "Carol" three times, "my love" once, and "mother" three times. From Marcus being "that thing," he is now "my child" to Carol. And she's going home to play a different kind of house with him. Aren't the kids eating this up?!"

http://members.aol.com/linaskye/msmrape2.html

*Emphasis mine in order to emphasize the sick vision of those writers. And now, the following from the account of Ramonda's rape at the hands of the white racist rapist Anton Pretorious:

"There were times (Please let me forget) when her captor had stimulated response from her.  He would calculatedly touch her until her body reacted -- until he aroused a need in her -- and in her mind -- where it mattered -- that was truly the most monstrous thing her kidnapper had done."

As Yaw observed, it was as if the writer was somehow suggesting that Ramonda came to WANT and desire that scum's vile attentions. The same could be said for Ms Marvel's unwitting willing participation in her own rape as a result of Immortus' "rape machines". And what I find particularly telling is the following sentence by the author of the article discussing Ms Marvel's rape: "Ah ha. Another lesson to be learned from comics. It's okay to rape. Women enjoy rape."

Not long ago, I read an exchange began by a female comics fan and at least two whiny fanboys who took offense at her comments. She was decrying a rape scene she had seen in "The Watchmen" comic book. Naturally, she was troubled by it. She was immediately set upon by those two whiny fanboys who insulted her comic book acumen and proceeded to presume to scold her for not appreciating the rape scene for what it was - according to their neanderthal reasoning - a work of art by a fine writer.

I hope that Hudlin and no other black writer of comic books resorts to the vile act of the sexual violation of a female or of a child as a vehicle to excite the interest of the "larger comic book buying demographic." Priest wrote a story in which T'Challa and the Dora Milaje brought a  child rapist/murderer to justice. At least he wasn't as graphic with it as have been the white writers dealing with this disgusting subject.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 06:20:31 am by sinjection1 »