Author Topic: Black Panther Suspended  (Read 56064 times)

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther Suspended
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2006, 03:08:10 pm »
sin, why are you posting under a different screen name? Frankly, I enjoy reading your posts under any name, but I'm curious.
...Rassclaat.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2006, 03:14:52 pm »
sin, why are you posting under a different screen name? Frankly, I enjoy reading your posts under any name, but I'm curious.

Why, thank you Toya.

The reason I am posting under sinjection1 at the moment is because sinjection's post total has reached 350. Once again, the sum of the individual digits totals 8. I know it looks wierd, but 8 is a lucky number for me  :D Once my post total on the CBR forum reached 44, I stopped posting there too  :D

Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2006, 03:21:32 pm »

Why, thank you Toya.

The reason I am posting under sinjection1 at the moment is because sinjection's post total has reached 350. Once again, the sum of the individual digits totals 8. I know it looks wierd, but 8 is a lucky number for me  :D Once my post total on the CBR forum reached 44, I stopped posting there too  :D

That's so fascinating, in a weird, crooky way. Well, do you man.  :D :D
...Rassclaat.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2006, 03:37:38 pm »

Why, thank you Toya.

If you keep going to 503, you'll achieve Hero Member status and hit your 8.  Just a thought.  ;)
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2006, 04:28:35 am »

Why, thank you Toya.

If you keep going to 503, you'll achieve Hero Member status and hit your 8.  Just a thought.  ;)

And a valid thought to be sure.

The thing is this. In my case, I have to achieve and hold the number whose digits total 8, or digits that are in "order"... "123", "234", "345",... and so on ... for a certain span of time in order for me to feel that I will experience the full benefit of the "good luck" the numerical arrangement would give me. It would take some time for me to reach "503" or even "404". If I didn't achieve those numbers in the time span allotted, I would be "stuck in limbo" as it were and would miss out on any lucky benefits that might come my way.

I'm sorry folks. Please forgive and try to bear with my superstitious silliness here. I appreciate your patience  :D

Uh oh, I see that my current sinjection1 total has reached 8 right on the mark. So now, I will go into a "rest mode" for a time. I will continue to "lurk" and support you all as I always have. Once the "phase" has passed  ::) or I have received the benefits of the luck I am expecting - whichever comes first, I will return and lend my posting support  ;)

sinjection out....and quite possibly, "out of his mind"   :D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 04:37:45 am by sinjection1 »
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2006, 06:28:46 am »
sinjection out....and quite possibly, "out of his mind"   :D

But in a harmless and amusing way.  Thanks for sharing that with us.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2006, 01:07:48 am »
Woah. I need to bookmark this thread for the next time I'm discussing Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Seriously Sin, whatever works for you, it's cool. I have a thing about the number 8 as well, FWIW.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2006, 04:13:55 am »
A new Global Gender Gap report has come out. For critics who think Storm has lowered herself by marrying King T'Challa and moving out of America they can check this out:

These are the top 10 countries that have the smallest gender gap.

Gender Gap Index 2006
    Sweden
    Norway
    Finland
    Iceland
    Germany
    Philippines
    New Zealand
    United Kingdom
    Ireland

http://www.weforum.org/en/initiatives/gcp/Gender%20Gap/index.htm#interview

This report covers areas such as politics, economy, education, health and survival, etc. America doesn't make the top ten in closing the gender gap. They don't even rank in the top 20. Canada and South Africa (overall) have a smaller gender gap than the U.S.A. So Storm would have nowhere near the political power she wields now in Wakanda. She would just be a triple minority. I hope Reggie has considered this when he writes more about Wakanda's advanced civilization.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?