Author Topic: Young Justice  (Read 4141 times)

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Young Justice
« on: December 19, 2010, 04:48:11 pm »
Just looked at the episode and good stuff. It appears that Aqualad is the leader. I was assuming it was going to be Robin but I like the fact the "brotha" is in charge. He is literally a solider in the military of Atlantis imo so it is perfect for him to lead.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Young Justice
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 06:35:20 pm »
I'm glad he's not being played, but he's still named Aqualad. 

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 06:38:04 pm »
I enjoyed this a lot myself.

Heh, Reggie, I'm guessing you're not a Aquaman fan?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 04:51:56 am »
I kind saw Robin as the leader; Aqualad was more the" brakes" of the team.  He is the last to react but in a good way; he is heart to counter impulse (KF), focus (R) and anger(SB).

Oh! Aqualad may be a bad name but it isn't as dorky as a teenage boy calling himself Robin.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 07:44:22 am »
I kind saw Robin as the leader; Aqualad was more the" brakes" of the team.  He is the last to react but in a good way; he is heart to counter impulse (KF), focus (R) and anger(SB).

Oh! Aqualad may be a bad name but it isn't as dorky as a teenage boy calling himself Robin.
Now, there's a question worthy of hard choices:  which is the dorkier name? 

I laughingly proposed that I go as Batman and my son go as Robin for Halloween last year, and my wife was especially not down for my son as Robin.  But anything with "...lad" on it is also a real problem. 

And no, if I'm going monarch of the sea, it's Namor all the way. Aquaman only has camp value riding those giant seahorses. 

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 08:05:45 am »

Now, there's a question worthy of hard choices:  which is the dorkier name? 

I laughingly proposed that I go as Batman and my son go as Robin for Halloween last year, and my wife was especially not down for my son as Robin.  But anything with "...lad" on it is also a real problem. 

And no, if I'm going monarch of the sea, it's Namor all the way. Aquaman only has camp value riding those giant seahorses. 

Funny, as a teen, i much prefered Lad to Boy.  I must be the influence of the Legion of Super-heroes, or it is because it sounded Irish.

But yep, Namor rules; Aquaman is forever a Super-Friends character;  great for the under ten crowd, but that's about it. 

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 01:04:00 pm »

Sorry pal he is flat out the leader.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Justice_(TV_series)#Characters

The main characters are all members of Young Justice, totaling six. They were chosen by the producers from their list of fifty to sixty DC Comics teenaged superheroes based on numerous qualities as potential candidates for a diverse group that would fit in with the show's tone and themes. The criteria for the main characters consisted of chronology, power mix, personality, cultural icon status, and dynamics. The leader of the team is Kaldur'ahm (or "Kaldur" for short), more commonly referred to as Aqualad. His powers, channeled through the tattoos on his arms, are a mixture of Atlantean sorcery and science. The youngest member (at thirteen) as well as the most experienced superhero on the team is Robin, whose real name is Dick Grayson.

Robin only has "more experience"
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 01:24:02 pm »
Who are the six again?

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 02:08:45 pm »
Who are the six again?

Robin
Kid Flash
Superboy
Aqualad
Artemis
Miss Martian

Have there been any episodes shown besides the 2 part pilot?

Thing seems to be taking forever to show another one.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 06:18:18 am »
Who are the six again?

Robin
Kid Flash
Superboy
Aqualad
Artemis
Miss Martian

Have there been any episodes shown besides the 2 part pilot?

Thing seems to be taking forever to show another one.

That was just a special.  Main series starts in January.

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 09:27:41 am »
Aqualad was beast. Instead of bringing back Arthur in Brightest Day, they should have just made Aqualad the new Aquaman from the get go in the comics. While there are a lot of inconsistencies with this animated universe (having Conner their alongside a teen Wally and Dick), this series hooked me in from the get go. Here's hoping that it'll keep the same quality of animation and writing from here on out.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 01:03:04 pm »
Aqualad was beast. Instead of bringing back Arthur in Brightest Day, they should have just made Aqualad the new Aquaman from the get go in the comics. While there are a lot of inconsistencies with this animated universe (having Conner their alongside a teen Wally and Dick), this series hooked me in from the get go. Here's hoping that it'll keep the same quality of animation and writing from here on out.
Ya I know, dat dude stood his ground against superboy. He even told off Aquaman.