Author Topic: OK I quit comics.  (Read 5231 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
OK I quit comics.
« on: November 10, 2010, 12:38:36 pm »
That's it--I quit comics!  Spoilers on Thanos Initiative 6.

Not only do they "Kill" Nova, but the do it such a way that you know it doesn't count. That is, no body and we don't even know he's actually dead.

OK, I'm not serious but come on people--STOP KILLING CHARACTERS!!!

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Re: OK I quit comics.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 02:21:17 pm »
Umm, did you NOT read New Avengers....SPOILER HEFFAZ!!!

They killed Brother Voodoo!!!  WTF   >:(

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 02:56:14 pm »
That too, but Nova is one of my "life long" favorites.  And finally after 20 yrs he excells under the hands of Griffin and then DnA.  I suppose it is fitting that the ones who made him his best also ended him.

Because you just know, the next writer will bring him back weaker and make him a novice again.  I hope I'm wrong, but...

(Same will happen to BV too.)

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 04:13:22 pm »
ugh, I bet they will have BV's brother Daniel somehow become resurrected and become the new Brother Voodoo... geez, right after I just start giving a damn about the character, they kill em off. If I knew Bendis was going to kill him off, I wouldn't have given the praise I gave him back at Heroes last year.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 04:25:46 pm »
<<I bet they will have BV's brother Daniel somehow become resurrected and become the new Brother Voodoo.>>

More likely first he'll come back as a villain, until Jericho shows up and then they trade roles; Jericho as the ghost, brother as BV.

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 06:04:02 pm »
yeah, i can see that.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 06:40:38 pm »

Not only do they "Kill" Nova, but the do it such a way that you know it doesn't count. That is, no body and we don't even know he's actually dead.

Blue Blazes!!!

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 08:06:48 am »

Im actually more annoyed that the Nova Corps is depower than I am at his being dead. The only part of this new version of Nova that worked for me was him as part of this space army. Otherwise id rather read about the 90's version of Nova. If Rich is too poweful for the New Warriors I dont see the point to him.

Offline masigl4179

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 02:31:42 pm »
I read both Thanos Imperative and New Avengers(only bought new Avengers though)and I have to admit I was surprised by both deaths. Well, honestly I never thought Brother Voodoo would stay Sorcerer supreme, but I guess I didn't think they would kill him...which has me worried about Luke Cage again. Nova was a big surprise because I love that book and for all intents and purposes I thought it was a hit. Still I think he will be back in the next Marvel Cosmic adventure

Offline GTBF

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 04:11:12 am »

Haven't been into the books for awhile. Thanos Initiative is another Cosmic series with Surfer, Warlock and Galactus? Luv those Infinity books. Ron L:im still drawing the characters?  :)

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 10:07:28 am »
I agree I just don't like how it was handled at the end. I need to read secret avengers to see how he "escape" or will they even bring it up
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 06:28:50 pm »

Kind of like Black Bolt and Vulcan? I think Abnett and Lanning have some big plans up their sleeves.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 02:27:46 pm »

Kind of like Black Bolt and Vulcan? I think Abnett and Lanning have some big plans up their sleeves.
[/quote ]

Sadly I think they are taking a break from space sagas and going urban.

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 12:04:13 pm »
Kip, I think they have a few more Cosmic tales to tell:

Marvel Unleashes The ANNIHILATORS!

The Silver Surfer! Beta-Ray Bill! Gladiator! Quasar! Ronan the Accuser! The greatest heroes of the cosmos join forces this March in the oversized Annihilators #1 (of 4)! Marvelís space action masters Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning, along with Eisner Award winning artist Tan Eng Huat unveil the only team mighty enough to face the Dire Wraiths! With galactic civilization in disarray after The Thanos Imperative, the Annihilators must band together to prevent the sinister shape-shifting horde from destroying the universe itself. Innocent worlds teeter on the precipice of destructionÖso itís time for the best of the best to unite and unleash righteous justice!

This March you canít miss Annihilators #1 (of 4)!

ANNIHILATORS #1 (of 4)
Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING
Pencils by TANG ENG HUAT & TIMOTHY GREEN II
Cover by ALEX GARNER
Variant Cover by MIKE MIGNOLA
Rated T+Ö$4.99
ON SALE IN MARCH!

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 08:02:11 pm »
hmmm, looks good but it's missing someone----I know NOVA!!!

(also could use Gamora and Monica.)