Author Topic: The Spiritual Rebirth of Rapper Shyne  (Read 1779 times)

Offline CKW

• View Profile
    • blackpantherfanstories.wordpress.com

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
Re: The Spiritual Rebirth of Rapper Shyne
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 01:26:52 pm »
Would this make Shyne hip hop's first Jewish Rapper? Anyway, this definitely means when his new album comes out I'm getting it.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 02:46:48 pm »
Would this make Shyne hip hop's first Jewish Rapper? Anyway, this definitely means when his new album comes out I'm getting it.

He's not even the first Orthodox rapper.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 12:07:42 pm »

good luck to shyne, I hope he's serious about helping out folks in his home country, and leaving street-misadventures behind..

regarding his religious leanings, hmm... among Black hip-hop artists, I only know of a couple that have publicly identified with some form of judaism.. there's the Wu-Tang affiliated Killah Priest who said he was down with black hebrew israelites in NYC.. I remember reading a Vibe Magazine article about lady rapper Amil from the Roc-A-Fella camp (talk about missing in action), said the same thing..  In various videos, you may see some heads rocking a star of david pendant/chain, which may not mean anything in particular...

among the caucasian rappers, there's any number of folks..
Be Kind to Someone Today.