Author Topic: GREEN LANTERN  (Read 6873 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
GREEN LANTERN
« on: November 18, 2010, 02:29:45 am »
I didn't see a thread started for this. But now that the trailer's out I think its time to get some discussion going.

Green Lantern trailer

If you've seen the trailer already or just clicked the link, what do you think? Is this movie going to blow up or just blow?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: GREEN LANTERN
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 05:04:25 am »
I liked it though I thought few spots were choppy.  But I think general audience might like Renolds (is it?). But the die hard fans are going to see him as too young and immature acting.  I mean even I found Hal to feel very different than his comic book version, though I am not sure that will ulimately kill my enjoyment of the show.  (It might take me "out of the moment", but I can still enjoy it.)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 06:04:19 am »
at first i saw the real trailer on Entertainment Tonight... then I go to the web the next day and all I find is a fan-trailer featuring Nathan Fillion and footage re-edited from other films..

June is quite a bit of time to finalize the special effects; I'm still slightly thrown by the 'skin-hugging' aspect of the outfit, but I suppose it's a minor quibble..

Hopefully Angela Bassett will have some scenes with Reynolds..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 07:04:45 am »
Hmmm, I don't know yet.  I'm not a Ryan Reynolds fan...I actually find him quite annoying and this trailer did nothing to dispel that.  He looks the part, even if he doesn't "feel" right in it.  The GL Effects and the supporting characters look pretty faithful to the comics, though. 

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 01:45:14 pm »
Interesting. I don't quite think he looks the part, yet I did like how he sort of treated the women in the clip. It felt like something the cavalier (or immature) Hal would've done. Though other aspects I'm not so sure about. I wish Chris Pine had gotten the job.

I'm also not quite sure about the FX, but as was already said, they've got time to smooth things out and tighten them up. I too hope that Angela Bassett plays a significant role. If DC had their act together Angela could be like their Sam Jackson and show up in various movies. I mean Checkmate/Suicide Squad have their fingers in a lot of pies, or could I suppose.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 11:02:04 pm »
It didn't impress me. I also thought he was annoying, and Blake Lively didn't sell well as a test pilot. The costume details still freak me out. Add in those ectoplasm-style ring effects and I'd swear GL could be named the Green Ghost. But it does convey a campy feeling, like the Fantastic Four, so I hope this sells well with the kids.

ALL TOGETHER NOW!
When evil looms, their rings held high,
Green Lanterns bring the light!
Come in our darkest hour, galactic emerald knights!
Galactic Emerald Knights: Green Lanterns!  ;D

;D I want people to sing that song while they wait in line at the premiers!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:07:32 pm by Open palm »
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 07:04:41 pm »
Awww-w-w... nuts!  The video came down! >:(

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 06:39:55 am »
That sucks.  >:(

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 08:21:00 am »

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 09:04:03 am »

Is Angela Bassett playing who Pam Grier played in Smallville? Not sure if I saw her in the trailer, really loved the effects and costume design, Sinestro looks ill! Already looks better than that lame Superman that came out and will definitely be better than both Batman movies and should outperform Iron Man, Reynolds comedic timing is supreme but how many marvel characters is he going to play, first Hannibal then Deadpool and now Hal Jordan, I mean damn man, I'm jus sayin'.........
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 02:42:22 pm »
Angela Bassett is playing Amanda Waller, the same character Pam Grier played on Smallville. FYI, Green Lantern is a DC property. But I can understand where you're coming from with Reynolds now being three comic characters. But I read once where he replied that it was like an actor playing different cop characters to him, so it got me thinking about it in a different way. It's just a role. I mean. Same as Chris Evans as Cap. If he rocks in that role and can inhabit Steve Rogers as well as he did Johnny Storm, I'll be happy.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 03:02:34 am »
Could this film be a contemporary of "The Last Starfighter"? I think so!  :D
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 07:08:38 am »
I don't love that trailer...

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 11:15:30 am »

Is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing?  It sounds like a bad thing to me.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 05:58:58 pm »

Is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing?  It sounds like a bad thing to me.

Bad for hardcore comic fans. Possibly good for kids, if it weren't for the sexual innuendo scenes.