Author Topic: War comes to Wakanda  (Read 19745 times)

Offline Jakuta

• View Profile
War comes to Wakanda
« on: July 30, 2006, 11:09:04 am »
My boy and I was talking about the latest BP and Iron Man made a comment to T'Challa about what we are assuming is him referring to Storm not just any Mutant but an X-Man who is suppose to be on lock down at Xavier’s Mansion under The One's watchful eye. Instead she's in Africa marrying one of the most powerful men on the planet. Let's not for get that the U.S. was behind a failed attempt at a coup. Now it seemed to me that Iron Man being the Patriot that he is or claims to be, if the U.S. pointed to Wakanda and said sick'em, he would.

Offline Obsidian

• View Profile
Re: War comes to Wakanda
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 11:14:51 am »
I feel you....and you know T'Challa ain't havin Sentinals in Wakanda.  But check it, if friends aren't what they used to be....then perhaps enemies aren't either. Hmmmm

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 11:17:06 am »
excellent analysis. You see what the big's at marvel have been planning. The world tour will take T'Challa to four of the most powerful Natons of the marvel universe, capitals that could provide a staging ground for heroes opposed to the registration act.

1. Doom
2. The Moon
3. Atlantis
4. America

I'll keep reading ads to not spoil the ending

Offline colin solan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 11:52:10 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Americans cannot be royalty and keep their citzenship. Thus by marrying T'Challa and ascending to the throne Ororo has effectively renounced her US citizenship. I doubt that the United States would go to the trouble of starting a war with Wakanda just to be able to keep Storm under lock and key but I wouldn't be surprised if they bar her from entering the country.

CIENCIANO

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 11:56:11 am »
what chances could have u.s.a. in a war against wakanda??
they are condemned to lose.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 12:54:57 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Americans cannot be royalty and keep their citzenship.

Er,...dual citizenship? I've never heard of an exception if the person is royalty.

Thus by marrying T'Challa and ascending to the throne Ororo has effectively renounced her US citizenship. I doubt that the United States would go to the trouble of starting a war with Wakanda just to be able to keep Storm under lock and key but I wouldn't be surprised if they bar her from entering the country.

I too doubt that they would make a fuss if Storm gives up her U.S. citizenship. I think the way things are working-out both national and international capers would have to register before they can do any "superheroing" with the U.S.
...Rassclaat.

Offline Jakuta

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 02:28:33 pm »
I agree about them not caring about Storm ciitizenship. The question here is how Storm is viewed by the American Government. The see her and the X-Men in particular as trouble they are Mutants and they have shown on more than one instance how they feel about Mutants. Now he are one of the Mutants they have had an eye on for a long while and she is marrying the King of a Nation that they had tried to coup. In the eyes of the powers that be that's trouble.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 03:27:05 pm »
Have we seen Marvel interested in Wakanda in respect to Civil War? Granted, Reed was denied by T'Challa. I dunno how important she is now(being a mutant, ex-X-Woman, Queen). The Watcher may be an indication?  :-\
...Rassclaat.

Offline Obsidian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 04:09:17 pm »
If the US would go after Atlantis, why not Wakanda?

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 05:25:30 pm »
But even when Reed mentioned that the U.S. president requested Wakandan assistance, T'Challa then responded that he would not appreciatate U.S. intervention and would offer none.

Maybe the Wedding Tour Arc might be promising...
...Rassclaat.

CIENCIANO

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 07:19:35 pm »
If the US would go after Atlantis, why not Wakanda?

BECAUSE WAKANDA IS THE MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY OF THE WORLD

Offline blkyoda

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 10:32:52 pm »
To be totally realistic and again, this is based as much if not more on the previous run than this one the U.S. would be hardpressed to invade Wakanda. Now to be honest, Wakanda came off as a bunch of punks in the early arc as far as I'm concerned. These guys turned back invading white imperialists without coming outside of thier houses in the first issue, but 5 second rate supervillians took them to the woodshed. I mean, they repelled them but their invasion plan was so BASIC I'm shocked that they got as far as this did in Wakanda.
In the previous run they talked about how T'Challa hid a whole battle cruiser in the Hudson river without the U.S. government even knowing it was there. THAT's why the Wakandan's are bad new for the U.S. It's not an issue of the U.S. 'winning' of course inevitably the U.S. would WIN, more people, money troops etc. but Wakanda would make it so damn bloody, expensive and difficult to wage the war that the U.S. would probably back down into negotiations after a few months because Wakanda wouldn't fall. Then again, I'm going off the previous series, I can't even really tell how tough this Wakanda is. Everybody SAYS they're so tough, I don't really see it. When Batroc the Leaper a SEVERLY depowered Klaw and some nerd on Luno-the-flying horse can cripple your defenses I have my questions.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 11:14:20 pm »
No, I doubt the current U.S. would win against Wakanda. With the Civil War and the shifting of powers I think Wakanda would gain more allies against an invasion. Wakanda appears to learn from its mistakes.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 07:18:51 am »
To be totally realistic and again, this is based as much if not more on the previous run than this one the U.S. would be hardpressed to invade Wakanda. Now to be honest, Wakanda came off as a bunch of punks in the early arc as far as I'm concerned. These guys turned back invading white imperialists without coming outside of thier houses in the first issue, but 5 second rate supervillians took them to the woodshed. I mean, they repelled them but their invasion plan was so BASIC I'm shocked that they got as far as this did in Wakanda.
Yeah, but that was unconventional warfare.I think the current incarnation of Wakanda, in a traditional air or ground-based conflict would be deadly.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 07:42:47 am »
with wakanda's technology and ameicas numbers i would give it an even push. but with war who really wins? :-\ it would be ugly on both sides.