Author Topic: Reginald Hudlin Talks Civil War.  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
Reginald Hudlin Talks Civil War.
« on: November 09, 2006, 01:58:33 pm »
...Rassclaat.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Reginald Hudlin Talks Civil War.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 02:59:41 pm »
Okay. I read the interview. I am so excited I can't stand it. It sounds very promising and did you see the artwork?! I want the issues NOW!

I can't wait to see Storm vs. Clor. I hope she cleans his clock!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 03:34:11 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 04:24:45 pm »
good stuff.. looking forward to seeing the portrayal of Jim Rhodes-- I didn't follow the "O.N.E.' miniseries... and of course, Jim's one of the few prominent black folks you see on the pro-registration side..  I'm guessing his attitude is more Colin Powell than Clarence Thomas, but we'll see...  ;)
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 04:40:23 pm »
wow great great stuff. i mean it's scary how reg is writing stuff and coming up with story ideas that i really want to see. reg, is the Black Panther your favorite Marvel Character? Or who was when you were coming up? It's just that when i read your pitches you come off as a fan and to me thats a good thing. Some writers with their 50 billion projects and multiple books come off like a comic writing factory, like it's a job or career first. hobby they love second. For you it's different. From the biggest fan to the worst hater, I doubt any one would question that you are a fan of the art and a lover of the character you write.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 04:42:20 pm »
good stuff.. looking forward to seeing the portrayal of Jim Rhodes-- I didn't follow the "O.N.E.' miniseries... and of course, Jim's one of the few prominent black folks you see on the pro-registration side..  I'm guessing his attitude is more Colin Powell than Clarence Thomas, but we'll see...  ;)
----------------------
from what i know of jim rhodes i think it's more about who is giving the biggest check. yea he has his morals when it comes down to it but his biggest thing is loyalty. stark, his sister various teams etc. so yea he was hired by the o.n.e. but i see it as they are my employers and i need to put my whole self into my job. i could be wrongt though.

Jenn

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 06:07:51 pm »
*hyperventilating*

Damn, when's 22 coming out again!?!?

*never mind; it's the 22nd!*
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 06:09:45 pm by Jenn »

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 01:25:23 am »
"The Panther wants to go home," Hudlin said. "The Panther needs to go home.   But there will be some obligations and obstacles that will impede his return.   By the time he gets home, he'll have real problems.   Fortunately, he and Storm won't stand alone."

When he finally returns to Wakanda, the pair will face their problems at home and will also encounter a variety of troubles on the African continent. "There are some questions about Ororo's family and what happened after the death of her parents that have to be addressed," Hudlin stated. "And there are some unique threats on the continent that see The Black Panther and Storm as a threat to their goals."

"I love stories about the Panther legacy," Hudlin explained. "Sometimes I think about doing back up stories like the old 'Tales of Asgard' yarns in old 'Thor' comics. Yes, there will be more stories with T'Chaka, Azzuri the Wise and going further back than that."
After Storm vs. Clor, these are the things that actually excite me the most, to see some Wakanda-based stories in the works, and ones that will hopefully shut up all the people that reckoned Storm will take a back seat. Storm's problems are T'Challa's now, so a Storm story = a BP story and vice versa. Also, more historical stories will be good, especially if it highlights the difference between the characters of Azzuri, T'Chaka and T'Challa.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 01:27:14 am by Wise Son »

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 05:55:51 am »
after the crew, i thought rhodey was broke.
if so, i could see how he'd collect the check... especially if he had ulterior motives and wanted to work from the inside out.

;)

ya feel me?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Hulkster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 12:38:16 pm »
Last I saw of Rhodey, he is piloting a Sentinel in X-Men.  I wonder if he will still be doing this?

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 01:19:55 am »
I'm really loving all of the fanboy lunacy in the discussion thread on CBR. I mean, remember when continuity was the reason Reggie sucked? But when it comes to talking about the racist comments Doom was shown thinking in the past, suddenly:
One panel means NOTHING in comic continuity. Really, it dosen't. Heck, one story often means nothing unless that story is pretty darn important. Get me more evidence.

And also, the guy that compares the discrimination that guys with tattoos have with that faced by Gays, and is backed up by someone who says:
No, you guys experience much more open discrimination than anyone else I would say. Though it was your decision to get the tattoos, it's still discrimination.
(emphasis mine)
 ::)

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo