Author Topic: Whaat. A positive Review From Silver Bullet.  (Read 3648 times)

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Whaat. A positive Review From Silver Bullet.
« on: November 11, 2006, 07:28:26 am »
Wow believe it or not, from the comic site full of comic reviewers who I swear don't like comics you have an actually positive review on the black panther. Well I may have read one or two positive ones on this site before, but for the most part I can tell that some of the reviewers like the Green dude, post on other web sites spouting the same b/s and rhetoric. The Review.

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/reviews/116310716394754.htm

Offline zeraze

• View Profile
Re: Whaat. A positive Review From Silver Bullet.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 06:20:41 pm »
I stopped looking at the reviews over at Silver Bullets because they griped so much about comics that I wondered if they really liked the medium.  It's great to see at least one reviewer who enjoys his pastime. 

This was my favorite part of the review:

A lot of people don't like Hudlin's work on this book, but I am definitely not one of them. I think this story proves he can write material that's important to the Marvel Universe and stand on its own as well. Definitely recommended. While this story is in the middle of the arc, you don't need to have read the previous chapters to understand what's going on. That's something you rarely see in comics these days.

Too true.

zeraze
"The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time."

- Terry Tempest Williams

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 12:28:57 pm »
Agreed.  This is one of the best reviews of Hudlin's run that has been posted here.   ;)

Offline Goat

• "Man, you come straight out of a comic book"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 02:55:02 pm »
I stopped looking at the reviews over at Silver Bullets because they griped so much about comics that I wondered if they really liked the medium.  It's great to see at least one reviewer who enjoys his pastime. 

This was my favorite part of the review:

A lot of people don't like Hudlin's work on this book, but I am definitely not one of them. I think this story proves he can write material that's important to the Marvel Universe and stand on its own as well. Definitely recommended. While this story is in the middle of the arc, you don't need to have read the previous chapters to understand what's going on. That's something you rarely see in comics these days.

Too true.

zeraze

Excellent Review and a nice statement that sums up to a point exactly how I feel about the book as well.