Author Topic: “sugar is without question the number one murderer in the history of humanity.”  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
from DENMARK VESEY:

“sugar is without question the number one murderer in the history of humanity.” 

In 1960, Japanese doctor Nyoiti Sakurazawa noted, "no Western doctor can cure diabetes, even thirty years after the discovery of insulin. Physicians have continued to recommend insulin, condemning diabetics to walk with an insulin crutch for the rest of their lives, yet on the 25th anniversary of the discovery of insulin, the inefficiency of insulin as a treatment or cure for diabetes was publicly admitted. In the meantime, millions of diabetics have paid millions of dollars for this ineffective remedy. The number of diabetics is increasing every day. Once they begin taking insulin, they can expect to feed the pockets of the doctors and pharmaceutical corporations as long as they live."

In 1964, Sakurazawa said, "I am confident that Western medicine will admit what has been known in the Orient for years: sugar is without question the number one murderer in the history of humanity - much more lethal than opium or radioactive fallout. Sugar is the greatest evil that modern industrial civilization has visited upon the countries of the Far East and Africa (genocide)...foolish people who give or sell candy to babies will one day, to their horror, that they have much to answer for."

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
from DENMARK VESEY:

In 1960, Japanese doctor Nyoiti Sakurazawa noted, "no Western doctor can cure diabetes, even thirty years after the discovery of insulin. Physicians have continued to recommend insulin, condemning diabetics to walk with an insulin crutch for the rest of their lives, yet on the 25th anniversary of the discovery of insulin, the inefficiency of insulin as a treatment or cure for diabetes was publicly admitted. In the meantime, millions of diabetics have paid millions of dollars for this ineffective remedy. The number of diabetics is increasing every day. Once they begin taking insulin, they can expect to feed the pockets of the doctors and pharmaceutical corporations as long as they live."

In 1964, Sakurazawa said, "I am confident that Western medicine will admit what has been known in the Orient for years: sugar is without question the number one murderer in the history of humanity - much more lethal than opium or radioactive fallout. Sugar is the greatest evil that modern industrial civilization has visited upon the countries of the Far East and Africa (genocide)...foolish people who give or sell candy to babies will one day, to their horror, that they have much to answer for."

I disagree with a lot of that.  Sugar is not evil nor has it ever murdered anyone (last I checked, its not sentient and isn't used in wars or terrorist attacks).  It's something that is used to make food taste better (and we all like that) and when overused can lead to poor health, obesity, etc.  But to me that sounds like someone trying to be extreme in their statements.  Maybe if he had said something like "sugar is without question the number one cause of obesity which can lead to death...."  I'm all for preaching how sugar, and other foods, in excess can be devastating for your health, but lets not go overboard with the hyperbole.

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
from DENMARK VESEY:

If I didn't know better, I'd swear Dr. Sakurazawa had a crystal ball and was looking into the future with today's  overwhelming ubiquity of high fructose corn syrup in processed food– which accounts for a significant portion of the average American’s daily diet. A recent study suggests a link between high fructose intake and leptin resistance. Leptin is a hormone generated by the body to achieve a balance between energy expenditure and food intake. Basically, leptin basically plays a major role in regulating appetite. There’s definitely a problem with high fructose corn syrup. It’s everywhere, it’s cheap, and it’s incredibly potent stuff. But fructose is in table sugar, too. It’s even in fruit. Excessive fructose shocks our systems, rots our teeth, and contributes to a obesity epidemic. Around the world, obesity levels are rising. More people are now overweight than undernourished.

Dr. Sakurazawa knew what he was talking about. This sh*t is insidious..

APEXABYSS

i thought sugar was the #1 addiction in the world?

the number one... 8-7!