Author Topic: I am a legend  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
I am a legend
« on: November 14, 2006, 12:49:38 pm »
Is anyone else excited about this movie? I can't wait. I think it was about time to give a major overhaul to this classic tale. Sadly there has been a lot of hate against it, mainly because they chose Will Smith to play the main character.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/
Don't get fooled by the bombs that I get I'm still I'm still Saddam from Iraq.

Jenn

Re: I am a legend
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 02:14:26 pm »
Hating on Will Smith is sooooooo '97.

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 05:15:52 pm »
I'm more excited by "The Pursuit of Happyness"  Man, I had tears in my eyes--didn't cry, but eyes welled up...and that was just from the trailer!  I'm gonna let a whole bunch of stuff out in the theater.  Anybody else ever do that--when one thing brings you tears of joy, just take that time to let all the built up bad s**t out along with it? 

Anyway, I'm not familiar with this story (I AM Legend) but it seems the antagonists are only Vampires.  This is kind of depressing...more vampires (sigh).

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 05:48:13 am »
Anyway, I'm not familiar with this story (I AM Legend) but it seems the antagonists are only Vampires.  This is kind of depressing...more vampires (sigh).

If they just stay at that "Will Smith fighting vampires" yes it would be kind of depressing and predictable but if they stay true to the novel to some extent then it could be quite interesting to watch. According to the novel Will Smith's character is responsible for the entire mess to begin with so We should be prepared to see a lot of guilt induced drama.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 05:50:45 am by Francisco »
Don't get fooled by the bombs that I get I'm still I'm still Saddam from Iraq.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 07:26:54 am »
pursuit of happiness WILL be good.
pun intended.
i know nothin' of I am a legend...
so will WILL be playing Cassius Clay fighting Vampires?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 07:33:14 am »
I'm more excited by "The Pursuit of Happyness"  Man, I had tears in my eyes--didn't cry, but eyes welled up...and that was just from the trailer!

The part in the trailer where they are sleeping in the public bathroom was rough..made me well up too