Author Topic: Should Madonna get That Kid?  (Read 9129 times)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Should Madonna get That Kid?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 05:54:52 pm »
You wrote it like you think the kid would have been fine if he stayed in Malawi. But I argued whether Malawi's society really can guarentee the boy a bright future.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline KamiKaZee

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 10:18:05 pm »

From what I've gathered by watching the Oprah interview, Madonna claims the child
was abandoned.  He was left at the orphanage at the age of two weeks and no one
went back to see about him not even once.  He also has had malaria and pneumonia
and something else but I can't recall.  Maybe he had one of those ailments twice but
he's been seriously sick three times.  I believe that Madonna's heart is pure and she's
trying to do something that matters. 

If All You Do Is What You've Done, Then All You'll Get Is What You've Got.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 11:46:23 pm »

I believe that Madonna's heart is pure and she's
trying to do something that matters. 

Uh. This is Madonna we're talking about, right?

Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Jenn

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 12:30:33 am »
The father was told a LOT of lies about Madonna's background, and was led to believe that she was a rich, Christian woman (Madonna practices Kabbalah, not Christianity), and the documents he was made to sign were in English. This is not a case of an asshole parent coming out of nowhere after a child has been settled and raised; there is no reason why Madonna shouldn't give this child back and get another tiny dog child. At this point, she's just being obnoxious and selfish.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 06:21:08 am »
Hmm. I wonder if people thought the same of the late Josephine Baker when she adopted 12 multi-ethnic orphans for her "Rainbow Tribe".
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 08:10:10 am »
Is it just me...or don't we still have children that need to be adopted here...in this country?

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2006, 08:43:06 am »
You wrote it like you think the kid would have been fine if he stayed in Malawi. But I argued whether Malawi's society really can guarentee the boy a bright future.

No, I meant that instead of one or two celebrities adopting a child over there, people should put money into developing parts of Africa such as Malawi. I highly doubt Madonna's kid would return there permanently in the future to share the skills he acquired outside of that community.
...Rassclaat.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 09:23:05 am »
Is it just me...or don't we still have children that need to be adopted here...in this country?

You'd think so, but no. They all died off because they weren't exotic enough.

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 12:04:04 pm »
Before Madonna adopted him no one knew or even cared that a baby boy was sick and dying in Malawi. Hell most people didn’t even know that a country named Malawi even existed. But now nearly everyone is upset because that “white bitch” adopted the kid.
Did she adopt him to show off? Maybe. Is the baby better now that than before she adopted him? Hell yeah. There are worse ways for her spend her money. If she wants to spend it taking care of that baby, good for her. What if the boy never goes back to Malawi? I say that’s better that than having him die of pneumonia.
Don't get fooled by the bombs that I get I'm still I'm still Saddam from Iraq.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 04:24:07 pm »

No, I meant that instead of one or two celebrities adopting a child over there, people should put money into developing parts of Africa such as Malawi. I highly doubt Madonna's kid would return there permanently in the future to share the skills he acquired outside of that community.

Madonna said she did offer monetary support instead to the boy's father. And China held a summit to offer billions of dollars to Africa (all of Africa). Germany has called for Europe to do the same. Last year was a new LiveAid campaign and a push to cancel Africa's debts.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 04:25:46 pm by Open palm »

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 06:51:15 pm »

Madonna said she did offer monetary support instead to the boy's father.

I wasn't aware of that.

And China held a summit to offer billions of dollars to Africa (all of Africa). Germany has called for Europe to do the same. Last year was a new LiveAid campaign and a push to cancel Africa's debts.

I heared about these awhile ago, specifically China's planned investment in Africa.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 06:56:38 pm by Toya »
...Rassclaat.

Jenn

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 07:24:44 pm »
I have no problem with Madonna adopting a child, or even a little black child. I have a problem with the fact that SHE HAS NOT ADOPTED HIM YET, but refuses to let him go back to his father. This mas was lied to about Madonna's background and made to sign an English contract. A halfway decent person would see that this is tearing his heart apart and just give it up.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 07:52:20 pm »
first of all, Madonna's "whiteness" has nothing to do with it. At least for me. Mia Farrow has been adopting the freaking UN forever.

What bugs me is the basic hypocrisy and the "savior" complex that seems to permeate the celebrity contingent.

I was well aware of Malawi as a real place before Madonna ever heard of it. I'm all for the rich parting with some of thier cash to help the less fortunate from dying horribly. Considering how most of them GOT rich, it's the least they should do.

However part of the reason these adoptions even happen is because the star in question is in some "exotic" locale and gets caught up in the ambience. They want to "do something" for the poor unfortunates. They have an Everest of cash and flex.

This kid's life is going to be what it is. He'll probably end up with Madonna and, while that will save his physical life, he will spend the rest of that life, not with a mother but with a savior. Not among people who can tell him about his heritage but with a woman who- well,- I like a good dance track buit I wouldn't want to sepnd a minute of conversation with that chick. or let her in my house.  No one should tell her whether should should have her own children but let her buy somebody else's? No.

Here's a thought: why not "adopt the DAD too? bring them both out of "hell" and set them up somewhere where he can work and raise his kid and live decently? She's got enough cash to buy a freaking country but she can't "rescue" the DAD as well? of course not. THAT isn't sexy. That isn't something she can carry around to red carpet functions and get all the props she's accustomed to. That's too real.

Bite me.

There are a MILLION better ways to fix that kid's life that don't involve replacing his parent with life behind the velvet rope. Westerners worship celebrity so much they feel like this kid got the golden ticket and is off to Wonkaland. How lucky he is. Don't you wish that was you? yeah. right.

Trust me, come teenager time, thet little black boy is gonna start acting out and whatever happens to him or anyone who's with him is going to be Madonna's fault. He won't be a cute cuddly little science proiject then.

And it will be too effing late.

Remember who told you. It's a guarantee.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 07:59:00 pm by Redjack »