Author Topic: Posting Problems  (Read 1863 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Posting Problems
« on: February 21, 2011, 06:42:51 am »
Is anyone else having problems with their browers and the posting page?

I use IE and lately when I am typing in the text window, things go along fine until I have written enough to fill about a window and a half.  If I write any more,  the window starts bouncing.

You know how when you type, whatever you last typed is what is showing on the screen.  It isn't doing that.  Everytime I type a letter the window bounces up back up to the middle of the "document".  When I type the next letter it momentarily shows the last line I wrote, but then quickly jerks back up to the center.  When I stop typing I cannot see the bottom of what I wrote.  It's almost like somewhere in the top or middle section is locked and screen must show that.

I know this isn't making sense, but if it is happening to you, then you'll know what I am talking about.

But I don't have this problem on my Droid.

Offline Marvelous

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Re: Posting Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 01:25:09 pm »
Run a virus scan and a malware scan in safe mod.  IE is known the picking up bugs that make stuff quirky.  If that doesn't help, try a system restore to a date just before it started happening..  Something might have been installed to make it do this.

~Marv

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 04:25:52 pm »
It's been happening to since 2007!  I was wondering if I was the only one this happened to...  I thought it was the PC I was working from but it's happened from different machines in many different locations, so it must be the browser itself...

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 05:02:09 pm »
It has been going on for like six months or so.  I just finally got annoyed with it enough to ask.  Sometimes i type my stuff in wordpad/notepad then paste it into the reply window.  I have run virus scans many time, so if it is that, it is sneaking pass. 

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 05:20:51 pm »
Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera ...
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."