Author Topic: REGGIESWORLD LAUNCH PARTY at GOLDEN APPLE COMICS on Melrose and LaBrea!  (Read 6283 times)

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
Re: REGGIESWORLD LAUNCH PARTY at GOLDEN APPLE COMICS on Melrose and LaBrea!
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 03:58:08 pm »
Dang it last minute emergency board meeting at my daughters' school as we are in much turmoil there.

Trust me I wanted to be with you, turns out even my hubby wanted to go...

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 04:21:02 pm »
Dang it last minute emergency board meeting at my daughters' school as we are in much turmoil there.

Trust me I wanted to be with you, turns out even my hubby wanted to go...

You were very missed. Redjack and other forum members were in attendance, including the rare presence of our own Curtis Metcalf.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 06:49:04 pm »
I would have loved to work with Mr. McD someday.. It won't happen now, but I am glad that I did get to meet him once when he attended a local long-running convention; I remember on this board he stated that the Con's organizers apparently hadn't reached out to him over the years..

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/index.php?topic=3343.0

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/index.php?topic=4625.0

Back during the original run of Icon, I was chosen for a 'letter of the month' honor, (#25), and got a free signed copy of the issue (signed by Mr. McD) in the mail.  I saved that comic, including the original 11 x 14 manila envelope.  When meeting him, I pulled it out and told him, and he was really amused, and he was gracious enough to sign it a second time, some 14 years later..  8)

...I have no idea whether my efforts (and HEF peeps, etc.) tipped the scale in terms of getting him to the Detroit Comic-Con, but I'm definitely glad it finally happened..  :)

God Bless, Maestro, your legacy is immortal..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 11:01:59 am »
A bitter-sweet victory...    There's great video I saw that covers the event on Facebook,  Keepin' it Real with Leslie Berger Talk Show hosted by...  Leslie Berger!  :)

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 02:31:11 pm »
A bitter-sweet victory...    There's great video I saw that covers the event on Facebook,  Keepin' it Real with Leslie Berger Talk Show hosted by...  Leslie Berger!  :)

Leslie Berger
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Jihad the Roughneck

• Thomas Sankara was the greatest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 03:31:35 pm »
Launch Party respect. The tribute to Dwayne was emotional and moving first and foremost.  It was awesome seeing Flex Hectic, Kamala Harris, Reggie, Denys, Ziggy, Michael J White and Phil Lamar! It was black people night on Melrose and it was respectful peaceful and uplifting. My idea of a good night, all things being considered.
I've got bass tone, I use cologne
and I rock the funky rhymes on the microphone
RUNDMC perfection