Author Topic: Africa Speaks to You.  (Read 66801 times)

APEXABYSS

Re: Africa Speaks to You.
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2013, 11:37:01 pm »
This isn't T'Challa's country. It's not ours either. Anybody here investing in Uganda?

If he's really helping the economy of Uganda then he deserves the credit. So good for him.

true!

Yes, I couldn’t be more happier for the guy. He’s sittin’ on a “billi“. His back-story was endearing. There is a greater good in all of his investments.

I can’t point the finger or blame anyone for Uganda’s economy. If I point-out the history of Uganda… it’s jus’ because Uganda has a unique economic history. 

again  great thread   

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2013, 03:13:21 pm »
BTW: I did look up other rich people in Uganda. Many black Ugandans are millionaires but most of their wealth can't be traced to give an accurate assessment. The ones listed in Forbes have been criticized as having shady dealings and connections with the right people. I won't be stir up a debate on whether that's true or not, so I disregarded them.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2013, 05:02:02 pm »
This is my sister in-laws lodge in case any of you happen to be in South Africa soaking up that below the equator sun!

http://www.zwinonilodge.co.za

She was also featured in South Africa's version of The Apprentice as a growing business woman in her own right!

Hopefully soon if the money gets just about right I'll test drive the facilities and give it the pompous "Hollywood I'm better than thou" review but a certain business deal has to come through to secure the trip which I of course will post about in here!

This would be an excellent place for Reggie to stay at as he scouts the area for possible locations to film the Black Panther movie... Definitely putting that out there! ;)

I would love to do big business in Hollywood like theaters for movie premieres and possibly a black comic book convention to expand our fan base in Africa!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2013, 11:42:44 am »

This would be an excellent place for Reggie to stay at as he scouts the area for possible locations to film the Black Panther movie... Definitely putting that out there! ;)

Ha hah ha hah ha ha ha!

Wishin' you the best of luck should your 'deal' go through!

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2013, 10:02:50 pm »
Hey Battle if you put enough stuff out there sooner or later something has to go through!

Even if Marvel does not do a Black Panther movie there are still a lot of us with black based products that could get our George Lucas on and film in exotic locations at some point!

A long time friend of mine who is writing my own comic for me has already published three sci-fi novels and the second one I think has blockbuster movie appeal... I suggested filming it in Africa!

Sometimes it starts with a dream and then evolves into a vision... We can't always wait for Marvel/Disney to do it when we have the talent and the connections to do it ourselves!

Peter Jackson and WETA Workshop are in New Zealand doing all kinds of magical things in cinema and digital effects far from the onlooking eyes of Hollywood... We have a lot of catching up to do in black entertainment!

One day a team of black creators may need an escape retreat to plot the new course of black entertainment and sometimes it is better to be as far away from Hollywood as possible so that the naysayers, racists and the haters don't block the flow with disbelief so that what needs to be done gets done with minimal excuses... I nominate Africa as the getaway from it all location!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2013, 05:26:16 am »
Peter Jackson and WETA Workshop are in New Zealand doing all kinds of magical things in cinema and digital effects far from the onlooking eyes of Hollywood... We have a lot of catching up to do in black entertainment!

One day a team of black creators may need an escape retreat to plot the new course of black entertainment and sometimes it is better to be as far away from Hollywood as possible so that the naysayers, racists and the haters don't block the flow with disbelief so that what needs to be done gets done with minimal excuses... I nominate Africa as the getaway from it all location!

We don't need to play "catch up".

All we need to do is just...   DO!  8)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2013, 02:07:01 am »

We don't need to play "catch up".

All we need to do is just...   DO!  8)

I second that!

Besides, there are special effects studios in South Africa already.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 17, 2020, 10:39:09 am »
Tuesday, 17th November 2020

Top 10 Lies Told About Africa that Couldn't be Further From the Truth by 2nacheki member Akin