Author Topic: THE "WHO CAUGHT A CASE TODAY" THREAD  (Read 71362 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: THE "WHO CAUGHT A CASE TODAY" THREAD
« Reply #480 on: October 28, 2020, 07:24:51 pm »
"Look who's talkin"
Wednesday, 28th October 2o2o
Racist confrontation led to an Arizona Asian man's arrest and firing
by David Williams

Andre Abram and his roommate were getting ready to shoot a video for his YouTube channel last week in Scottsdale, Arizona, when they were confronted by a man who used racial slurs after asking them what they were doing.

He told CNN the man, who has been identified as Paul Ng, was taking their pictures on Friday morning before he approached them and said that they were in "a no nigger zone" during a conversation.

"We were on a public road. We weren't being loud. We weren't being belligerent. We weren't being disorderly," Abram, who is Black, told CNN on Tuesday.

Abram and his roommate each took video of the incident, which have gone viral on social media -- leading to Ng being arrested and fired from his real estate job.

Would You Like To Know More?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-black-youtubers-video-of-a-racist-confrontation-led-to-an-arizona-mans-arrest-and-firing/ar-BB1auxls?li=BBnbfcL

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 25, 2021, 02:12:16 pm »
Monday 25th, January 2021
Garret Miller says he was following Individual-1's orders, apologizes to AOC for threat
by Dan Mangan

A man charged with with invading the Capitol and threatening Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said he was effectively following Individual-1's orders.

Garret Miller also apologized to Ocasio-Cortez for writing "Assassinate AOC" in a Twitter post, and said he would be willing to testify to Congress or a trial about the riot.

Miller is one of dozens of people charged with participating in the riot, which began shortly after Individual-1 urged supporters to pressure Congress to reject the election of Joe Biden as president.

A Texas man charged with invading the Capitol and threatening Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said Monday that he was effectively following Individual-1's orders when he joined a mob that stormed Congress on January 6th.

Garret Miller, who was due to appear at a detention hearing in federal court in Dallas, also apologized to Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., for writing "Assassinate AOC" in a Twitter post.

He said he would be willing to testify to Congress or a trial about the riot.

Miller, 34, had on a social media account also threatened a Capitol Police officer who fatally shot a fellow rioter, saying he planned to "hug his neck with a nice rope," authorities have said.

The Richardson resident is one of dozens of people charged with participating in the riot, which began shortly after Individual-1 held a rally outside the Executive Mansion, where he urged supporters to pressure Congress to reject the election of Joe Biden as president.

In a statement released by defense attorney Clinton Broden, Miller said he had been motivated by Individual-1's false claims about having been defrauded out of re-election by ballot fraud and that, "I am ashamed of my comments."

"I was in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, because I believed I was following the instructions of Individual-1 and he was my president and the commander-in-chief. His statements also had me believing the election was stolen from him," Miller said.

"Nevertheless, I fully recognize Joe Biden is now the President of the United States and that the election is over. Individual-1 is no longer president and I would not have any reason to continue to follow his lead."

"While I never intended to harm Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez nor harm any members of the Capitol police force, I recognize that my social media posts were completely inappropriate. They were made at a time when Individual-1 had me believing that an American election was stolen," he said.

Miller said:

"I want to publicly apologize to Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez and the Capitol police officers. I have always supported law enforcement and I am ashamed by my comments."

He also said in the statement that he was not armed when he entered the Capitol and stayed in its rotunda.

He said he left Washington and headed back to Texas "immediately after Individual-1 asked us to go home."

Miller, who was arrested last Wednesday, said that "until very recently," he had not been interested in, or involved with politics.

"Nevertheless, what Individual-1 had been saying about the election really got to me and I felt I had to support him. Still, I recognize that I am solely responsible for my actions and that there are no excuses for what I did," he added.

"I come from a good and supportive family. My parents and brothers do not deserve the pain I have caused them. I accept full responsibility for my actions and I am prepared to testify at any trial or Congressional proceeding," Miller said.

Miller is charged in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., with: Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Buildings or Grounds Without Lawful Authority; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds; Obstructing or Impeding Any Official Proceeding; Certain Acts During Civil Disorder; Threats in Interstate Commerce.

Ocasio-Cortez had responded to Miller being charged with threatening her by writing on Twitter, "On one hand you have to laugh, and on the other know that the reason they were this brazen is because they thought they were going to succeed."

Ocasio-Cortez has said that she feared for her life during the riot and members of Congress were "nearly assassinated."

"I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive, and not just in a general sense but also in a very, very specific sense," she said on an Instagram Live video on January 12th, without giving more details.

Individual-1 has been impeached by the House of Representatives for inciting the riot.

He is due to go on trial next month in the Senate, where he faces being banned from ever being president again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/capitol-rioter-garret-miller-says-he-was-following-trump-s-orders-apologizes-to-aoc-for-threat/ar-BB1d59HF?ocid=msedgntp

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 25, 2021, 02:50:51 pm »
Monday 25th, January 2021
Brandon Straka the insurrectionist, arrested!
by Josh Gerstein

A prominent activist in the Stop the Steal movement who spoke at a rally held by backers of Individual-1 in Washington the day before the storming of the Capitol was arrested on Monday on charges that he took part in the riot.

Brandon Straka, 44, was arrested on a felony charge of interfering with police during civil disorder.

The self-described founder of a movement to “walk away” from liberalism was also charged with unlawful entry into a restricted building and disorderly conduct.

An FBI agent’s affidavit used to obtain a criminal complaint against Straka describes his role as an organizer of Stop the Steal and quotes his comments at the January 5th rally held at Freedom Plaza, but doesn’t indicate whether the government views those activities as context for his actions at the Capitol or part of the alleged crimes.

FBI Special Agent Jeremy Desor said that videos revealed that during the melee, Straka was part of a crowd pushing toward a Capitol doorway.

Desor doesn’t contend that Straka went into the building, but says that as others tried to charge through the entrance, the activist shouted:

“Go! Go!”

Desor said that as a Capitol police officer tried to make his way through the crowd with a riot shield over his head, Straka urged others to wrestle it from him.

“Take it away from him,” Straka allegedly yelled.

“Take it! Take it!”

Straka achieved some prominence in the media during Individual-1’s effort to reverse President-elect Joe Biden’s win.

Straka spoke at a variety of previous Stop the Steal events at the Capitol, in Michigan and elsewhere.

According to the complaint, he said he was supposed to speak at such a rally at the Capitol on January 6th but that event was scuttled after the riot broke out and police cleared the crowd.

During his speech the day before the riot, Straka referred to the audience as “patriots” and referred repeatedly to a “revolution,” Desor said.

Straka also told the attendees to “fight back” and added,

“We are sending a message to the Democrats, we are not going away, you’ve got a problem!” the agent reported.

In media appearances, Straka described himself as a Manhattan-based, gay ex-liberal.

He and his “#walkaway” tagline became a favorite in some conservative quarters in the past couple of years, featured on programs such as the "Judge Jeanine" show on Fox News.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/stop-the-steal-organizer-charged-in-capitol-riot/ar-BB1d5h8S?ocid=msedgntp

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 05, 2021, 07:09:42 am »
Friday, 5th February Two Thousand and Twenty One
Junior Threatens Prosecutor for Trying Proud Boys Leader Enrique Tarrio
by NEWSWEEK

South Carolina resident James Giannakos Jr. has been arrested for allegedly leaving death threats for Vanessa Singh Johannes, a former federal prosecutor who had pursued charges against Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio in 2014.

During that time, Johannes revealed Tarrio's past work as an informant for federal and local law enforcement agencies, including the FBI.

Near the end of January, media outlets began reporting on Tarrio's past informant work.

In response, Giannakos worried that Johannes' revealing of Tarrio's past informant work would potentially mark him for retaliatory violence.

So on January 28, Giannakos allegedly left threatening voice messages on the voicemail of the law firm where Johannes worked, stating that she, her family and coworkers would be in "danger" if anything happened to Tarrio.

"I just wanted you to know that if anything happens to Mr. Enrique Tarrio, the same thing will happen to you and your family," Giannakos allegedly said, according to an FBI affidavit.

"I cannot believe you released the (confidential informant), if that's even true. If anything happens to him, I promise you and your associates will pay for it. You will be held responsible."

Tarrio worked as an informant after being arrested in 2012 for fraud.

His work helped prosecute 13 people for offenses such as drugs and human smuggling.

While Tarrio has said he has no recollection of his informant work, his lawyer in his 2012 arrest, Jeffrey Feiler, mentioned it while seeking a sentence reduction for Tarrio.

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2158133794296/james-giannakos-jr-allegedly-threatened-prosecutor-for-trying-proud-boys-leader-enrique-tarrio

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 05, 2021, 07:58:52 am »
FBI arrests white man from photo inside Speaker Pelosi's office
by FOX13 (a fox news affiliate)

(LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas) — The FBI on Friday arrested an Arkansas man who was photographed sitting at a desk in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office following the storming of the Capitol by a mob of individual-1 supporters, authorities announced.

Richard Barnett turned himself in to FBI agents at the Benton County Sheriff's Office in Bentonville, Arkansas, said FBI Little Rock spokesman Connor Hagan.

Barnett is jailed in the Washington County Detention Center in nearby Fayetteville, Arkansas, without bond pending an initial court appearance, Hagan said.

No attorney is listed for Barnett in online jail records.

Ken Kohl, the top deputy federal prosecutor in Washington, said Barnett was charged for entering Pelosi’s office, where he “left a note and removed some of the speaker’s mail.”

Barnett, 60, faces three federal charges: knowingly entering or remaining in restricted grounds without authority; violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds; and theft of public property or records.

If convicted, he faces up to a year in federal prison.

Authorities say Barnett was among supporters of individual-1 who stormed the Capitol on Wednesday.

Five people were killed because of the protest and violence, including a Capitol police officer.

Authorities said in court documents that they were able to identify Barnett in part through photographs taken by news media when he was inside the building.

Barnett is from Gravette in northwest Arkansas.

He has identified himself on social media as a individual-1 supporter and gun rights advocate.

Jim Parsons, a retired Army lieutenant colonel who served in Vietnam as a Green Beret, told The Associated Press that he has been a guest speaker at a couple of “patriotic gatherings” that Barnett also attended.

Barnett had an AR-15 rifle with him “to make sure things stay peaceful,” Parsons said.

He called Barnett “a good guy. He’s patriotic.”

One of the groups that Barnett belongs to believes “a face mask is a dress rehearsal for what’s to come. … It’ll end up with a chip in the forehead,” said Parsons, who is from Bella Vista, Arkansas.

Gravette Mayor Kurt Maddox said the photo of Barnett in Pelosi's office has brought his small town unwelcome attention and some residents have received threats.

The FBI takes such threats “very seriously,” said spokesman Hagan.

https://www.newsbreak.com/arkansas/little-rock/news/2141338722794/fbi-arrests-arkansas-man-from-photo-inside-pelosis-office

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 05, 2021, 10:02:41 am »
Capitol rioter who was filmed breaking the windows where a Indy-1 supporter was fatally shot was arrested after a relative told on him
by Ashley Collman

A man who was filmed shattering a window into the Speaker's Lobby during the Capitol riot was arrested after a relative sent a tip about him, the FBI said.

Zachary Alam, 29, was arrested on Saturday in Denver, Pennsylvania, at the Penn Amish Motel, WHTM reported.

He faces charges of assault on a federal officer with a dangerous or deadly weapon; destruction of government property over $1,000; obstruction of an official proceeding; unlawful entry on a restricted building or grounds; and violent entry and disorderly conduct, according to the criminal complaint.

The FBI agent who compiled the complaint said they saw footage of a man, whom they identified as Alam, entering the Capitol during the riot through a shattered window in the Senate Wing.

He forced his way past Capitol Police officers and "appeared agitated" as he made his way through the building, at one point getting close to an officer's face, the complaint said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/a-capitol-rioter-who-was-filmed-breaking-the-windows-where-a-trump-supporter-was-fatally-shot-was-arrested-after-a-relative-told-on-him-fbi-says/ar-BB1dqceQ?li=BBnb7Kz

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 07, 2021, 09:21:09 am »
Sunday, 7th February Two Thousand and Twenty One
Brent Wilson, Former Panic! At The Disco Bassist, Arrested on Drug Charges in Las Vegas
by Matt Cannon

A cache of drugs and a loaded handgun were found in a car driven by former Panic! At The Disco musician Brent Wilson during his arrest last last month, a police report states.

The bassist, who was part of the pop rock band from its formation in 2004 until 2006, was arrested in Los Angeles on January 22nd after allegedly crossing three lanes of traffic without indicating, cutting off oncoming traffic.

A search of Wilson and the vehicle uncovered 13 grams of meth, 1.2 grams of cocaine, 62.6 grams of heroin, a scale, small baggies and foil covered in residue, according to the arrest document obtained by 8 News Now.

A loaded Glock 17 was also discovered underneath the driver's seat, police said.

Wilson, who was on parole at the time of the arrest, was also said to be out two hours beyond his curfew deadline.

The new details emerged after TMZ first reported the 33-year-old's arrest.

The celebrity news site reported that officers saw a "bag with a white substance inside" during the traffic stop.

He was booked into the Clark County Detention Center.

The musician has previously been convicted of four drug charges.

Newsweek has contacted the Los Angeles Police Department for comment.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/brent-wilson-former-panic-at-the-disco-bassist-arrested-on-drug-charges-in-las-vegas/ar-BB1dtevW?ocid=msedgntp

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 19, 2021, 04:37:39 am »
Friday, 19th February Two Thousand & Twenty One
FBI arrests white man on charges from January 6th insurrection
by Newsbreak

(TOPEKA, Kansas) – Special agents arrested a Topeka man Friday on charges stemming from the January 6th  U.S. Capitol insurrection.

According to the FBI, William Pope faces charges including:

Obstruction or impeding any official proceeding.

Civil disorder.

Entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds.

Disorderly and disruptive, etcetera.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 19, 2021, 04:46:40 am »
Arrested For Role In Capitol Insurrection!
by Kaity Assaf

L. Brent Bozell IV, son of the conservative media critic who runs the Media Research Center, was captured on video exiting the Capitol building on January 6th insurrection and charged with federal offenses on Tuesday.

The younger Bozell didn't make any attempt to conceal his identity during the riots.

Online researchers were able to identify him a blue hoodie sweatshirt that clearly had the name and logo of Hershey Christian Academy, where he coached, on it.

According to the criminal affidavit, they then sent that information to an FBI tip line.

Before Bozell IV was officially identified, Hershey Christian Academy said on fakebook,

"please understand that the person depicted in the photographs is not a board member, employee, or representative of Hershey Christian Academy."

Despite their statements of denial, the academy continued to receive threats, forcing it to close its doors and transition to virtual learning.

"Parents and teachers unfortunately have been forced to endure many terrorizing and threatening emails and harassing calls which have brought fear into our community and caused many parents to opt for virtual learning rather than in-person learning," the school stated.

Bozell IV's participation in the riot does not come as a surprise as his father, Bozell III, made an appearance on Fox Business' The Evening Edit, on the day of the insurrection, sympathizing with the rioters.

"This is an explosion of pent-up outrage from middle America. Look, they are furious that they believe this election was stolen. I agree with them," he said.

"I agree they're furious with the censorship of free speech that is taking place. So the fury was there. Unfortunately, it was controlled fury with the vast majority and one element went forward with lawlessness. It has done tremendous damage to everyone else."

He continued, "I am heartsick about that element that has been so destructive and has done so much damage to a very noble cause, but the damage they have done to conservatives like me is profound."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/son-of-brent-bozell-prominent-conservative-media-critic-arrested-for-role-in-capitol-insurrection/ar-BB1dNMEw?ocid=msedgntp

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 19, 2021, 01:22:00 pm »
9 Domestic Terrorists Indicted For Conspiracy In Capitol Insurrection
by Clare Hymes

Federal prosecutors announced indictments for nine members of the domestic terrorist group known as Oath Keepers militia, including six who were recently arrested and charged Friday with conspiracy in the Capitol riot.

Seven of the group were part of a tactical "stack" of people dressed in combat gear who pushed through crowds to enter the Capitol, the government said.

The nine were indicted by a grand jury on charges that included conspiracy, obstruction of an official proceeding and restricted building or grounds charges.

Prosecutors say the group used military-style tactics — keeping hands on each other's backs to communicate as they entered the building — and coordinated with other demoestic terrorists before and during the attack, using apps like MeWe and Zello.

The six charged Friday are Ohio perpetrators:

Sandra Parker, 60, 

Bennie Parker, 70, 

Florida perpetrators Kelly Meggs, 52,

Connie Meggs, 59,

Graydon Young, 54 

North Carolina perpetrators Laura Steele, 52

Thomas Caldwell, 65,

Jessica Watkins, 38, and

Donovan Crowl, 50, were also charged in Friday's new indictment, though the three had already been indicted by a grand jury in January.

The domestic terrorist group known as Oath Keepers are a loosely-organized collection of unauthorized militia, prosecutors say, which focus on recruiting current and former military, law enforcement and first-responders.

The domestic terrorist group known as Oath Keepers believes the federal government has been "co-opted by a shadowy conspiracy that is trying to strip American citizens of their rights," prosecutors say, and the group's name comes from the oath of members of the military and law enforcement to defend the Constitution "from all enemies, foreign and domestic."

The complaint details an email sent January 4th from oathkeepers.org, with a subject line,

"Call to Action: Oath Keepers Deploying to DC to Protect Events, Speakers & Attendees on Jan 5-6: Time to Stand!"

The email noted that the group would have "well armed and equipped QRF teams on standby," referring to the military acronym for "quick reaction force," in case of a scenario "where the individual-1 calls us up as part of the militia to to [sic] assist him inside DC."

The email also said, "As always, while conducting security operations, we will have some of our men out in 'grey man' mode, without identifiable Oath Keepers gear on. For every Oath Keeper you see, there are at least two you don't see."

Prosecutors said Steele sent a five-page document that appeared to be an online application to the domestic terrorist group known as Oath Keepers of Florida on January 3rd.

In the document, she wrote, "I have 13 years of experience in Law Enforcement in North Carolina. I served as a K-9 Officer and a SWAT team member. I currently work Private Armed Security for [company name redacted]. I am a licensed PPS through the North Carolina Private Protective Services."

Seven members of the domestic terrorist group known as Oath Keepers, including Watkins and Crowl, stayed at the same hotel the night before the attack.

In the days leading up to January 6th, Watkins, the self-described commanding officer of the Ohio State Regular Militia, sent messages to people she labeled in her phone as recruits — including Bennie Parker.

She advised Parker to pack khaki pants and told him where to meet on January 6th.

The domestic terrorist group known as Oath Keepers drew attention for their tactical "stack" formation, which experts quickly identified as a military-style strategy, and have been a top priority for the U.S. Attorney's sedition task force.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/9-oath-keepers-indicted-for-conspiracy-in-capitol-riot/ar-BB1dQbHC?li=BBnb7Kz

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 22, 2021, 03:55:28 pm »
Monday, 22nd February Two Thousand and Twenty One
Pennsylvania cop arrested for participation in US Capitol insurrection
by Matthew Toth

A Pennsylvania police officer has been arrested by the FBI in connection with the U.S. Capitol insurrection on January 6th.

Joseph Fischer, 54, a police offer for North Cornwall Township in Lebanon County, is being detained in Dauphin County Prison, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's office said.

He has been charged with obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder, knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol Grounds and obstruction of justice/Congress.

In a criminal complaint, officials said Fischer was bragging on his fakebook profile about storming the federal building.

Under the username SV Spindrift, he published a video featuring him at the front of a group of rioters pushing police officers.

https://money.yahoo.com/pennsylvania-police-officer-arrested-fbi-214309115.html

https://www.theroot.com/pennsylvania-cop-charged-for-participating-in-capitol-r-1846327527?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=dlvrit&utm_content=theroot