Author Topic: 2011 FINALS  (Read 4029 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 FINALS
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 09:21:16 am »
Someone commented on Yahoo!

Stax:
"I met Lebron today and I asked him if he could give me a dollar. I was a little confused when he gave me 75 cents, but then I remembered he never gives you the fourth quarter!"

This poster recieved +35 thumbs up
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 09:26:11 am by Battle »

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 08:11:53 pm »
Well, I really didn't see THAT coming.

Dallas showed the vet poise that they needed to.

Dirk got his ring and so did Kidd. Cuban's one of the better owner in sports, so good for him.

I shudder to think what the anti Lebron feeding frenzy will be like now.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 08:38:46 pm »

Yeah, that was amazing...! ;D

2011 Champions
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 01:25:30 pm by Battle »

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 01:29:26 pm »

Well, you could see it through / after game 5. Miami had their chance to run away early in the series and then they blew game 2. I have to say that Dallas was the smarter team in the series. They faced a talent deficit but they figured out how to adjust over the course of the series on both ends of the floor.

Big ups to Rick Carlisle and his staff. To me the story of this finals was the adjustments made by Dallas. As the series went on, you could see them getting better at playing against Miami. They won the last three in a row despite never having the kind of great shooting night they are capable of. I had the feeling by the end that if they replayed this series again right now, Dallas would win in 5. They really got much better at playing against Miami while Miami never improved how they played against Dallas.

In defense of Erik Spolstra, his roster didn't give him a lot of flexibility but still I thought they made some key mistakes. For example, Bibby was giving them nothing but it took them 2 games of JJB just cooking him to start Chalmers and give Bibby's minutes to Eddie House. Dallas studied how Miami was blitzing the pick & roll and made some adjustments (e.g. they put Chandler in the PNR so Dirk was opening up on the rotations) and Miami never made any counter-adjustments. In the playoffs, it's all about match-ups and Carlisle won his.

That said, Miami will be back. James and Wade are just starting to figure out how to play together and they just got sort of healthy (Haslem and Miller) in the ECF. They need to unload all the stiffs on their roster (Bibby, Howard, Dampier, Magloire, Ilgauskas, House, Jones) and get some better athletes and shooters on board. Their core still stacks up against anybody; now they need more depth. All in all, considering the inherent limitations of this roster and the injuries they sustained, getting this far and becoming a force to be reckoned with is a pretty good outcome although nobody will see it that way after all that hype.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 05:55:50 pm »

Well, you could see it through / after game 5. Miami had their chance to run away early in the series and then they blew game 2. I have to say that Dallas was the smarter team in the series. They faced a talent deficit but they figured out how to adjust over the course of the series on both ends of the floor.

Big ups to Rick Carlisle and his staff. To me the story of this finals was the adjustments made by Dallas. As the series went on, you could see them getting better at playing against Miami. They won the last three in a row despite never having the kind of great shooting night they are capable of. I had the feeling by the end that if they replayed this series again right now, Dallas would win in 5. They really got much better at playing against Miami while Miami never improved how they played against Dallas.

In defense of Erik Spolstra, his roster didn't give him a lot of flexibility but still I thought they made some key mistakes. For example, Bibby was giving them nothing but it took them 2 games of JJB just cooking him to start Chalmers and give Bibby's minutes to Eddie House. Dallas studied how Miami was blitzing the pick & roll and made some adjustments (e.g. they put Chandler in the PNR so Dirk was opening up on the rotations) and Miami never made any counter-adjustments. In the playoffs, it's all about match-ups and Carlisle won his.

That said, Miami will be back. James and Wade are just starting to figure out how to play together and they just got sort of healthy (Haslem and Miller) in the ECF. They need to unload all the stiffs on their roster (Bibby, Howard, Dampier, Magloire, Ilgauskas, House, Jones) and get some better athletes and shooters on board. Their core still stacks up against anybody; now they need more depth. All in all, considering the inherent limitations of this roster and the injuries they sustained, getting this far and becoming a force to be reckoned with is a pretty good outcome although nobody will see it that way after all that hype.
+200
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.