Author Topic: I Love TED Talks!  (Read 8766 times)

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: I Love TED Talks!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 04:25:56 pm »
Eric Whitacre is back!

Damn it! I just came across this on another website and liked it so much I came here to post it... only to see Magic already did it! (Which really doesn't surprise me, because she has impeccable taste.)

Thank you, Lion!

Sometimes my taste is.......peccable.  But thanks for the kind vote of confidence!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 04:26:41 pm »
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 04:45:51 pm »

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 05:35:38 am »
I found this one fascinating, as I've been arguing with a few racists lately about exactly the issues he addresses.

Patrick Awuah on educating leaders.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 02:29:24 pm »

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 02:37:30 pm »
Y'all are stoopid!

Here's an interesting quote in the comments section I found interesting:

Jason C   (This poster recieved a +1)

The problem is with society. It is overly feminine. The focus of everything is women and never men. All i hear about is curing breast cancer, never prostate cancer. The same amount of people die from prostate cancer as breast cancer, however those people are men and hence are of no value to the modern feminist driven media.

What do you hear on TV? Men are ugly, rapist, pedophiles, murders, evil evil evil. Women are beautiful (even when fat, old and disgusting), nurturers, the victim and are constantly suffering due to men (single mums, beating wifes ect.). (Off-topice but you're a single mum because your judgement is sh*t)

I think we all know that it's an irreparable fact that women are children, and simply cannot handle their own emotions. I know this is contrary to popular belief that men are "immature". Men have insecurities, as much as women do. But we know what we think, we know what we want, we know what we feel, and we know why we do the things we do, even if we don't admit it openly. Women on the other hand are innately irrational.

Women have no more baggage than men, but they really, truly do not know themselves. It takes them much longer and why shouldn't it? They have all the affection they want, from an early age, and in the U.S. at least, they get the kind of respect that men have to fight tooth and claw for. All for owning a vagina.

This is why they are generally significantly more boring than men. This is why they cannot think independantly. There will never be women at the forefront of science coming up with ideas like The Big Bang or String Theory. It won't happen. But once a guy comes up with these ideas they will be able to memorise them real good-like and pretend they are equal.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 12:19:19 pm »
Google & Facebook

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 02:40:46 pm »

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 03:11:36 pm »

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 06:30:33 pm »
Louie Schwartzberg - Gratitude

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 08:43:34 am »

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 09:04:08 am »

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 12:01:34 pm »
"From the Island to the Sky"

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 11:45:26 am »
Y'all are stoopid!

Here's an interesting quote in the comments section I found interesting:

Jason C   (This poster recieved a +1)

The problem is with society. It is overly feminine. The focus of everything is women and never men. All i hear about is curing breast cancer, never prostate cancer. The same amount of people die from prostate cancer as breast cancer, however those people are men and hence are of no value to the modern feminist driven media.

What do you hear on TV? Men are ugly, rapist, pedophiles, murders, evil evil evil. Women are beautiful (even when fat, old and disgusting), nurturers, the victim and are constantly suffering due to men (single mums, beating wifes ect.). (Off-topice but you're a single mum because your judgement is sh*t)

I think we all know that it's an irreparable fact that women are children, and simply cannot handle their own emotions. I know this is contrary to popular belief that men are "immature". Men have insecurities, as much as women do. But we know what we think, we know what we want, we know what we feel, and we know why we do the things we do, even if we don't admit it openly. Women on the other hand are innately irrational.

Women have no more baggage than men, but they really, truly do not know themselves. It takes them much longer and why shouldn't it? They have all the affection they want, from an early age, and in the U.S. at least, they get the kind of respect that men have to fight tooth and claw for. All for owning a vagina.

This is why they are generally significantly more boring than men. This is why they cannot think independantly. There will never be women at the forefront of science coming up with ideas like The Big Bang or String Theory. It won't happen. But once a guy comes up with these ideas they will be able to memorise them real good-like and pretend they are equal.

My illusion that TED talks are watched by intelligent free-thinkers = shattered.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2011, 12:57:27 pm »
My illusion that TED talks are watched by intelligent free-thinkers = shattered.

...but Wise, that opinion is free thinking.  Those remarks are the opposite of how a feminist feels about men. :-\