Author Topic: Black Panther on the Avengers  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Soulja

• View Profile
Black Panther on the Avengers
« on: January 08, 2011, 06:52:22 pm »
      i have been so disappointed by the recent comic book offerings that I have looked everywhere for satisfaction. Black Panther on the Avengers is well done. T'Challa is confident, smart, resourceful and could step to lead at any moment. The episode Panther's Quest in which T'Challa get his spotlight was exceptionally good. All your basic elements are there T'Chaka, Man-Ape, Klaw, in Wakanda. I loved it. Hopefully T'Challa will get more screen time but the episodes are great watch while waiting for the highly anticipated DVD.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther on the Avengers
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 02:55:30 pm »
SPOILERS!!!!!!!

Agreed!  What did you think of "Man in the Anthill" which started with Ant Man in Wakanda and ended with the re-vamped story of T'Chaka's demise at the hands of Man-Ape with an assist from Klaw?

I too am enjoying Panther's portrayal.  There are episodes where he could be a little more prominently involved but it is a team show and some are probably thinking the same about Iron Man.  They seem to be doing a nice job on Ant Man too.

I have to say I found it somewhat amusing that the episode about Black Widow ended with her telling Baron Von Strucker it was the Black Panther that shot you in the back of the head.  It's always the black guy that gets
framed!!!  ::) ;)

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 10:21:28 am »
Maybe the show's writers should be writing his comic.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 03:14:57 pm »
I would to see the series become a comic...It's a good T'Challa and Marvel U depiction. he has been away from the Avengers waaay too long.

..but Young Justice is the sssssh  :D

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 02:14:55 pm »
This series is now airing on public television Down Under. The art is pretty mediocre but the action scenes are good. It was painful to watch T'Chaka die, so I'm hoping T'Challa can get some serious payback. I hate the idea of the Black Widow being a double agent. It seems Marvel never stops turning heroines into traitors. It's great that the show is quick like the old 60's cartoons, but the humor is poor. The characters feel more two-dimensional than the artwork itself.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 10:32:46 am »
This series is now airing on public television Down Under. The art is pretty mediocre but the action scenes are good. It was painful to watch T'Chaka die, so I'm hoping T'Challa can get some serious payback. I hate the idea of the Black Widow being a double agent. It seems Marvel never stops turning heroines into traitors. It's great that the show is quick like the old 60's cartoons, but the humor is poor. The characters feel more two-dimensional than the artwork itself.

Take heart OP.  IMHO the indications are that Black Widow is a double agent for Sheild and Fury's Ace in the hole.  I expect that to play out at some point when the series resumes and sometime later she will join the Avengers.

Peace,

Mont