Author Topic: Tech advice help  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Wise Son

  • Honorary Wakandan
  • *****
  • Posts: 3297
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Tech advice help
« on: April 18, 2011, 06:11:34 am »
Begging for help here:

I am trying to view TOTALLY LEGAL AND LEGITIMATE CONTENT WHICH I HAVE LEGALLY DOWNLOADED from my computer on my TV. My laptop has an HDMI outlet, USB, and something called an eSATA socket. My TV doesn't have an HDMI inlet, but does have scart and the red/yellow/white socket inlet.

Is there any way to get my computer playing on the TV? I was told at a shop that I would have to buy some 30 box, but I reckon The HEF might know if there's another way to do it.

Cheers, yanks!

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman

Offline moor

  • Honorary Wakandan
  • *****
  • Posts: 1134
    • View Profile
Re: Tech advice help
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:04:14 pm »
I'm afraid he might be right, IF you don't have a VGA connector port (15 pin d/sub connector) on both your TV and Laptop...  You'll need a box that can convert the hdmi out to video/audio out and then you can run the audio/video cable, or component, or s-video cable into the back of your TV.   Is there a T2 or Radioshack close to you?  Any generic TV/Radio/Electronics knick-knack retailer should have that type of converter box.   But keep in mind.. for a few more dollars, you could just buy a Digital Media Player for your TV (Roku, Western Digital, Apple TV) that will accept the USB connection from your Laptop and play it on your TV.