Author Topic: Wake up, America!  (Read 5470 times)

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

michaelintp

Re: Wake up, America!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 07:44:15 am »
I agree with the following sentiment in the article:

Unfortunately, American public intellectuals have an incestuous, self-referential and self-congratulatory discourse among themselves saying, ďAren't we the greatest in the world? Gee, aren't we wonderful?Ē And they donít realize that Western power - including American power - is receding steadily in the world.

Any of you who are young enough, and have the means and time, should immerse yourselves in Chinese language study.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 08:08:51 am »

Unfortunately, American public intellectuals have an incestuous, self-referential and self-congratulatory discourse among themselves saying, ďAren't we the greatest in the world? Gee, aren't we wonderful?Ē And they donít realize that Western power - including American power - is receding steadily in the world.

Any of you who are young enough, and have the means and time, should immerse yourselves in Chinese language study.

The emerging might of China the true superpower,her government style and taste,and the impending international power change is worrisome to me...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 10:31:06 am »

The emerging might of China the true superpower,her government style and taste,and the impending international power change is worrisome to me...

Don't be worried about it.  BE about it!  Study the language and culture and pay attention to what is happening on the world stage.  BE pro-active!  

And Michael.....no one is too old to learn.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:18:43 pm by Magic Wand »
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

michaelintp

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 10:09:41 pm »
And Michael.....no one is too old to learn.[/color]

Haha, Wandi, I'm just struggling not to lose my English vocabulary.  ;D

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 08:45:47 am »
Just saw this two part article in Yahoo today regarding the numerous Chinese spies all over America.  Most of them are your everyday business person...   ...and it's not like they're hard to find. :-[

The Spy Who Hates Me
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110508/ap_on_re_us/us_stealing_for_china_the_networker

"China, ever more powerful, has become a major instigator of espionage in the United States. Final part of a two-part series on Beijing's efforts, many successful, to steal American secrets and technology."

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 04:47:33 pm »
^^^ Is that Terry Bradshaw at the left?  heh-heh-heh...  ;D
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 05:43:10 pm »
^^^ Is that Terry Bradshaw at the left?  heh-heh-heh...  ;D

Heh! ;D    Looks like him, doesn't it?

Hey, Hype...

What If I was to tell you that China plans to invade one of America's allies, Taiwan but in order to do that they would have to stop a U.S. Naval battle group to do it.  Would you believe me?

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 07:21:37 pm »
whaaa??  so is this the latest diplomatic crisis?  oh, boy.. I guess the Prez and hilary will be even more busy..   ::)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 06:53:21 am »
whaaa??  so is this the latest diplomatic crisis?  oh, boy.. I guess the Prez and hilary will be even more busy..   ::)

Actually, I read this in an article written in the December 2010 issue of Popular Mechanics where writer Erik Sofge imagines a scenario where China decides to invade Taiwan which would trigger a confrontation with the U.S. NAVY and Air Force but they could not prevent the occupation in time.   
It's all very convincing and compelling where given China's current arsenal they could possibly defeat an approaching  U.S. battle group in 3 attacks in 1 day; that would involve taking  a U.S. Naval Carrier out of the fight and allowing China ample time to transport troops into Taiwan and secure the territory without a single shot fired.

How would you feel about that?

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 06:59:29 am »
^^^
definitely worrisome for sure, I think I read somewhere where more countries are investing more in aircraft carriers, china probably has more than people presume..   
http://tinyurl.com/3bc3bm8

....I guess I know now why the producers of that Red Dawn remake switched over to China for the antagonists.. (oddly, the film still hasn't come out yet..)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 08:50:16 am »
^^^
definitely worrisome for sure, I think I read somewhere where more countries are investing more in aircraft carriers, china probably has more than people presume..   
http://tinyurl.com/3bc3bm8

....I guess I know now why the producers of that Red Dawn remake switched over to China for the antagonists.. (oddly, the film still hasn't come out yet..)

'Red Dawn' is being re-made?     Ho000ooo!   That should be interesting...

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 10:01:36 am »

On it! Got this for Christmas

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 06:14:59 am »

很好, Kris!  我想买这个.  干杯!!!

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 06:54:26 am »

很好, Kris!  我想买这个.  干杯!!!

谢谢  :D