Author Topic: Wake up, America!  (Read 5317 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Wake up, America!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 05:33:20 pm »
Question:

What does the Rosetta Stone application do?  ...convert English text in Chinese characters?  ...or does the application teach you through repeating repetition?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 09:37:30 am »
Remember what I said about China's potential to invade U.S. allies without U.S. intervention?
CARRIER HAS ARRIVED!
China placing thier units into play

Beijing, China -  According to Reuters, China launched its first aircraft carrier for a maiden run this week.  I'd also like to add: 
Check out the curvature of that flight deck!  :D

Would You Like To Know More?
http://news.yahoo.com/chinas-first-aircraft-carrier-makes-maiden-sea-trial-000047792.html

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 05:25:19 pm »
Last week a $320 million dollar unmanned aircraft was lost during a test run. There goes your tax dollars.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 09:31:49 pm »
Last week a $320 million dollar unmanned aircraft was lost during a test run. There goes your tax dollars.

Can you be more specific??

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 03:28:14 am »
DARPA lost a $320 million test aircraft. It was designed to go twenty times the speed of sound. It is presumed to have been lost somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/08/vandenberg-launch-hypersonic-vehicle-darpa.html

Chances are the Chinese have salvaged it already.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 03:47:52 am »
DARPA lost a $320 million test aircraft. It was designed to go twenty times the speed of sound. It is presumed to have been lost somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/08/vandenberg-launch-hypersonic-vehicle-darpa.html

Actually, I DID hear about the test flight but I didn't hear that the flight was downed.  By the way, the U.S. loses millions of dollars in test vechicles every 6 months. 
What?  You think that these machines work perfectly out of the gate?

Chances are the Chinese have salvaged it already.

Highly doubtful., not without the U.S. knowing about it.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 05:38:14 am »
Question:

What does the Rosetta Stone application do?  ...convert English text in Chinese characters?  ...or does the application teach you through repeating repetition?
I know im late but im curious as well. It isnt "pricey" imo but in the long run that $400 can make a difference.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 09:30:23 am »
Question:

What does the Rosetta Stone application do?  ...convert English text in Chinese characters?  ...or does the application teach you through repeating repetition?
I know im late but im curious as well. It isnt "pricey" imo but in the long run that $400 can make a difference.

---but what does application do?  Have you used it yet??   If so,  how has it worked for you??  

I know I can just 'google' for info but I wanna know from  a familiar source.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:57:33 am by Battle »

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 09:35:14 am »
---but what does application do?  Have you used it yet??   If so,  how has it worked for you?? 

I know I can just 'google' for info but I wanna know from some a familiar source.

I'm lost just as you. I haven't purchased it yet either. I kinda "cringed" at the price but then I realized learning another language can be fun and is "worth it". Shoot for either japanese or chinese I just want to have the shock on their faces once I join in on their convos. Why not spit some game too. I've thought about spanish but nah chinese or japanese for business is the way to go. So many of these small business have some connects and I wouldnt mind having me one of theirs.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 09:53:45 am »
I'm lost just as you. I haven't purchased it yet either. I kinda "cringed" at the price but then I realized learning another language can be fun and is "worth it". Shoot for either japanese or chinese I just want to have the shock on their faces once I join in on their convos. Why not spit some game too. I've thought about spanish but nah chinese or japanese for business is the way to go. So many of these small business have some connects and I wouldnt mind having me one of theirs.

$400 is a relatively moderate price point compared to some applications (check out the price point for the latest version of Flash).

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 10:13:27 am »
Question:

There are some fantastic free resources available on the web. Check out the BBC Languages site.
Chinese page here.
Intro course here.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 11:33:15 am »
I've used Rosetta and I didn't learn a damn thing!  But that's just me...other people swear by it.  it uses pictures and audio to teach you the language.  You'll see pictures of a horse or a cat or a car, etc. and then a voice will tell you what it is, then next it will put the pictures in front of you and ask you to choose which is which in the language you're about to learn.  I've only looked at level one...maybe I'll go back to it, though.