Author Topic: Lebron James: Not Built For This S!@#  (Read 4639 times)

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Re: Lebron James: Not Built For This S!@#
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 05:56:06 pm »
We all should have recognized that the Mavs were really dangerous when the swept the Lakers.
Truth.

The Heat had everything they needed for a ring in terms of personnel. Well, except at the coaching position but that is another story.
Except for a point guard or a center. Or a reliable three-point threat who can guard anybody. Or a post-defender that can catch the ball. Or a rugged rebounder taller than 6-7. Or any time playing together for their best line-up before the ECF. Sure, no holes on that team. Wait until they get some real help for the Big Three and then we'll see whether it was a good Decision.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 06:02:01 pm »
oh come on Jeff you said ya not on the bandwagon but so far your posts clearly stating otherwise. The fact remains "all the pieces" was not there. Any person with some basketball sense would know this. But nevermind they managed to get there without the proper coach, point guard, bench and center and almost pull it off but it isn't enough for you nor the rest of America. Your whining banter is really a drag just like the rest of the country with your "basketball analytics"

I know Bmore is nowhere near NYC when it comes to Basketball but I didn't know it was this bad.

Lets look at what they had and what ACTUALLY happened.

Game 1 Victory- No coach, no bench, no center, no point guard.

Game 2 Loss- 15 point lead with under 7 minutes to go. No coach, no bench, no center, no point guard.

Game 3- Victory- no coach, no bench, no center, no point guard. A second 4th quarter collapse.

Game 4- Loss- 9 point 4th quarter lead. No coach, no bench, no center, no point guard.

Game 5- Loss- A pure loss.

Game 6- Loss- A pure loss.

The Heat with no coach, no bench, no center, and no point guard dominated the first 4 games. It was in their hands all the way.

What more did they need?

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 07:58:15 pm »

I know Bmore is nowhere near NYC when it comes to Basketball but I didn't know it was this bad.

Lets look at what they had and what ACTUALLY happened.

Game 1 Victory- No coach, no bench, no center, no point guard.

Game 2 Loss- 15 point lead with under 7 minutes to go. No coach, no bench, no center, no point guard.

Game 3- Victory- no coach, no bench, no center, no point guard. A second 4th quarter collapse.

Game 4- Loss- 9 point 4th quarter lead. No coach, no bench, no center, no point guard.

Game 5- Loss- A pure loss.

Game 6- Loss- A pure loss.

The Heat with no coach, no bench, no center, and no point guard dominated the first 4 games. It was in their hands all the way.

What more did they need?
Oh great lets use the NY Basketball vs Baltimore Basketball as part of your "tirade" that has nothing to do with this topic of discussion.

My point still stands that the team still managed to reach the finals living off of those 3 players with some help here or there. However you and the rest of the country whom on this tirade don't see this or won't see this. I'm wasting my time here and I don't feel like it anymore.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline mayday

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 06:45:01 am »
All about the bench. My step dad called it before the series even started. Keep in mind Terry is a sixth man and Dirk was pretty much just a role player.
I am really proud of Miami.
Rest assured that Mister Pat Riley will get all this straightened out.
One more thing, please keep in mind that a certain guy name SHAQ was clogging up the paint in 06 too..... 

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 07:11:33 am »
Dirk was pretty much just a role player.
??? Could you expound on that a little bit?
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 01:14:59 pm »
Thank you LeBron for giving adding some joy into our poor crappy lives :D

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 10:31:51 pm »
I wonder how the series would have panned out had Butler played?

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 07:30:56 am »

It's interesting that nearly everybody took Lebron's statement that way: "Yeah I lost but I'm still Lebron and you are still....you all broke and what not." when what the guy meant was everybody was gonna have to go back to thier routine including him.

I find it interesting but I can't say I'm surprised. Folks are looking for reasons to slam the guy.

Hell, even if he had meant it the way everybody thought, it woundn't have been wrong either.

All those folks dancing in the street in Cleveland feeling like they got some kind of revenge on a guy who owed them nothing and acted in his best business interests.
 A guy said to me yesterday "why didn't Lebron try to get Bosh to come to Cleveland?" Even if the Cavs weren't effectively capped out around that time, why would anybody WANT to go to Cleveland?

It is freaking Cleveland for crissakes nobody wants to be there!

This is silly as hell and is only going to get sillier.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 09:07:37 am »

With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 12:20:19 pm »

It's interesting that nearly everybody took Lebron's statement that way: "Yeah I lost but I'm still Lebron and you are still....you all broke and what not." when what the guy meant was everybody was gonna have to go back to thier routine including him.

I find it interesting but I can't say I'm surprised. Folks are looking for reasons to slam the guy.

Hell, even if he had meant it the way everybody thought, it woundn't have been wrong either.

All those folks dancing in the street in Cleveland feeling like they got some kind of revenge on a guy who owed them nothing and acted in his best business interests.
 A guy said to me yesterday "why didn't Lebron try to get Bosh to come to Cleveland?" Even if the Cavs weren't effectively capped out around that time, why would anybody WANT to go to Cleveland?

This is silly as hell and is only going to get sillier.

I took it the way he said...as to Cleveland, any city is good if you got money.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 12:22:10 pm »
LeBron is like Chris Brown--he whines and whines about how wrong he's being done but all his problems are self-imposed.