Author Topic: Racism As A Zero-Sum Game  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Racism As A Zero-Sum Game
« on: July 14, 2011, 01:12:55 pm »
Racism As A Zero-Sum Game

Tell Me More with Michel Martin, July 13, 2011

A new Harvard Business School study reveals that whites believe discrimination against them is rising, and that it's more prevalent than racism toward blacks. Host Michel Martin continues the conversation about anti-white bias with the study's co-author Michael Norton and Color Blind author Tim Wise.

More evidence that white people are losing their damn minds there is a profound perception gap on all things racial.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Racism As A Zero-Sum Game
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 05:30:13 am »
 ::) and of course "affirmative action" responses
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 07:54:22 am »
They have been the beneficiaries of white supremacy so long that competing in a slightly more fair workplace feels like hell to them. 

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 08:32:15 am »
They have been the beneficiaries of white supremacy so long that competing in a slightly more fair workplace feels like hell to them. 

When Affrimative Action was brought to the assembly line, Whites comforted themselves with the idea that they realy didn't want to work in the assembly line anymore anyway.

When Affrimative Action was brought to the office, you got things like the Bakke case and charges of "Reverse Racism".

Now for all intents and purposes, there is no more assembly line in America and office work is getting scarce, but Middle Class White America will cheerfully stand by and watch itself get eliminated as long as they can think that there are Black and Brown folks out there doing worse than they are.

The Right has been politically banking on this exact sort of thing...crap, all my life.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 06:03:12 pm »
Funny thing is you don't see as many white bus drivers anymore for example.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.