Author Topic: XBOX CAN HURT YOU?  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
XBOX CAN HURT YOU?
« on: July 30, 2011, 03:08:43 pm »
How come this never happens to people who watch television for hours on end?
XBOX KILLS GAMER!
I hope the ESRB doesn't hear about this...

AFP - According to Yahoo Games, the family of a budding computer programmer have on Saturday launched a campaign to raise awareness about the health risks of playing online computer games after their son died following a marathon session on his Xbox.

Would you like to know more?
http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/866-xbox-addict-dies-from-blood-clot/

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: XBOX CAN HURT YOU?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 07:13:23 am »
Damn, she's a good player!
NINTENDO  HELPS  GAMER!
I hope the ESRB hears about this...
According to the Entertainment Software Association, the average gamer is 37 years old. Kids born the day the original Nintendo was released are entering their late 20s, while geeks who whiled away the days with a Pong machine are storming past 40 (That would be my category!).  But compared to Umeji Narisawa, we're all just a bunch of babies.

Japanprobe caught up with the 99-year-old gamer, who got hooked on the hobby at the tender age of 73 when her grandkids brought home a copy of the action/puzzle classic Bomberman for the NES (technically the Famicon, the Japanese version of the system.) Narisawa was intrigued, gave it a shot, and has been playing it for several hours a day since.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/meet-99-old-video-game-master-161546515.html
-----------------------------------------

Actually, I've seen  something like this several years ago in Meridian, Mississippi where I met this lady whose mother (not as elderly as Ms. Narisawa) played  Ms. Pac-Man on her Nintendo every other day and played very well, too!