Author Topic: Bronx School Hires White Supremacist as Principal  (Read 2716 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Bronx School Hires White Supremacist as Principal
« on: August 01, 2011, 07:51:30 am »
GAWKER:

Bronx School Hires White Supremacist as Principal

When the 200-student Bronx primary school Our Lady of Mount Carmel needed a new principal, its pastor, Rev. Eric Rapaglia, knew exactly who to hire: White supremacist author Frank Borzellieri.

Borzellieri, formerly the New York City school board's most conservative, and most racist, member, was "quietly promoted" two years ago to run the school, where most students are black and Latino. This might be cause for concern! If you're a moron. The fact is, "a lot of [Borzellieri's] ideas would actually benefit minorities," Rapaglia told The New York Daily News' Corinne Letsch. This is the truth, and not something that racists always say when people tell them they are racist.

Which ideas would "actually benefit minorities," you might ask? For example, the idea that "rising black and Hispanic populations in America will lead to the 'New Dark Age'" (from his book Don't Take It Personally: Race, Immigration, Crime and Other Heresies)? Or maybe his contention that "diversity is a weakness"? That seems like an idea that will really help out young black and Latino kids!

Certainly, Rev. Rapaglia didn't "see any cause for concern" that Borzellieri is "intimately involved" with the white supremacist magazine American Renaissance. "I think much of [Borzellieri's work] is valuable and logical and reasonable," Rapaglia says. Logical and reasonable? Well, that settles that. And remember, racial essentialism could actually benefit minorities, as it always has, throughout history.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bronx School Hires White Supremacist as Principal
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 08:24:26 am »
*sigh*

It seems as If this case follows that old Italian mobster adage,
"Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer"?

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:46:39 am »
And now my stomach is churning...

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 08:29:53 pm »
...this is a private/parochial school.. a charter? geez..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 08:43:34 pm »
I wonder if the public awareness of this hate crime (hiring this guy to teach kids is a hate crime) will pressure them to dump him?

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 03:04:26 pm »
I wonder if the public awareness of this hate crime (hiring this guy to teach kids is a hate crime) will pressure them to dump him?

He is gone.

This is to easy but I will just say the following.

I watched last Sunday's LIKE IT IS and one of the most articulate, passionate, and dedicated Black educators pointed out a history of people like this who are, wait for it; ON THE BOARD OF REGENTS FOR NY STATE!

The audacity of the "Clergy" in this case just makes it all the more perverse.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 03:49:41 pm »
I watched last Sunday's LIKE IT IS and one of the most articulate, passionate, and dedicated Black educators pointed out a history of people like this who are, wait for it; ON THE BOARD OF REGENTS FOR NY STATE!

Oh man, I used to love to tune in to that show!  I'm amazed it is still on the air after all these years!   
Heh,  I remember back in Houston, Texas '84 telling a relative about this show and once she heard the title, LIKE IT IS, she laughed and thought I was under the influence of some radical black power group! ;D

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 10:19:58 am »

Oh man, I used to love to tune in to that show!  I'm amazed it is still on the air after all these years!   
Heh,  I remember back in Houston, Texas '84 telling a relative about this show and once she heard the title, LIKE IT IS, she laughed and thought I was under the influence of some radical black power group! ;D

Mr. Gil Noble is alive and well and still going strong.

The best take on our education system here in NYC takes place on LIKE IT IS.

Noble should be involved in the news dept of BET or TVONE.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 11:03:06 am »

The show still broadcasts on channel 7 (ABC)  in New York, right?   
Correct me If I'm wrong but I'm quite sure I remember LIKE IT IS  broadcasting on that channel since the 70s when  BET was just an idea to Mr. Bob Johnson.   So what I'm sayin' is that the show is perhaps considered a legacy program to ABC.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 08:17:55 pm »

The show still broadcasts on channel 7 (ABC)  in New York, right?   
Correct me If I'm wrong but I'm quite sure I remember LIKE IT IS  broadcasting on that channel since the 70s when  BET was just an idea to Mr. Bob Johnson.   So what I'm sayin' is that the show is perhaps considered a legacy program to ABC.

Channel 7 every Sunday!

It is reduced to a half hour when there is an NBA conflict.

The tragic social irony there is hard to miss.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 08:40:31 pm »
Between this and that valedictorian mess, why don't the schools just go to every black or Latino student's house and say "You niggers/spics don't count"?

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 11:21:48 am »
Between this and that valedictorian mess, why don't the schools just go to every black or Latino student's house and say "You niggers/spics don't count"?

They already got the message.

Even down to the food that they serve the kids is indicative of the contempt that the system has for them. They can't even get breakfast and lunch right, think about that for a moment.

Food that would easily survive 2 nuclear holocausts are being served to kids on a daily basis. Talking about community empowerment, the food budgets should be stripped from the schools and added to community restaurants, caterers, grocers etc.

Grilled cheese in a plastic bag! That is a damn shame! :'(