Author Topic: Zoe Saldana in "Colombiana"  (Read 25486 times)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Zoe Saldana in "Colombiana"
« on: August 09, 2011, 08:44:25 pm »
http://colombiana-movie.com/

wow, looks intense; lots of fights, guns and bombs.. I'll check this out..  Zoe's hot.. about time there was a black "Nikita".. after "Salt", "Hanna", etc.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Zoe Saldana in "Colombiana"
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 10:33:59 pm »

Offline Silver Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 01:11:10 am »
Sorry fellas, der has never been anything hot about Saldana.

No hips...

Elongated 4head...

Pancake chest...

Flat booty...

Weird long k-legs...

Walks like she's on puppet strings...

Dont know about y'all but we consider face AND body AND how u 'flo' & glo.....not jus having a pair of good eyes & y'all say she's miss omniverse.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 02:01:10 am »
I think she is attractive, just painfully thin. And I'm glad she is getting push in Hollywood. She's the one black actress in a generation it seems to get the push, like Halle did in the 90's. Though I think Saldana can pull off action star better than Halle ever could. It probably doesn't hurt that Saldana is a Latina; it makes her more exotic, less 'black' just like Rosario Dawson. Though Dawson shows up quite a bit on screen, I don't think she's been as high profile as Saldana.

I'm looking forward to Colombiana. The trailer annoyed me a little, with the constant "Don't forget where you came from" and I sighed when they put her with another white dude, though I do like Michael Vartan from Alias. But the action looked good and Luc Besson knows how to bring it. I think he had a big hand in both Milla Jovovich and Natalie Portman's careers with films like The Messenger, Fifth Element, and The Professional, so hopefully similar magic can work for Saldana.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 05:49:38 am »
I think she is attractive, just painfully thin. And I'm glad she is getting push in Hollywood. She's the one black actress in a generation it seems to get the push, like Halle did in the 90's. Though I think Saldana can pull off action star better than Halle ever could. It probably doesn't hurt that Saldana is a Latina; it makes her more exotic, less 'black' just like Rosario Dawson. Though Dawson shows up quite a bit on screen, I don't think she's been as high profile as Saldana.

I agree 100%!

...that movie trailer exposes far too much of the plot. I can almost tell where the story is going shot for shot.   I'm like,  WHOA!   stop!   Quit it!

...and to the poster above, while you are entitled to your own opinion, Ms. Saldana cannot be described as:
No hips...

Elongated 4head...

Pancake chest...

Flat booty...

Weird long k-legs...

Walks like she's on puppet strings...

I think 'Lithe' works better.

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 07:45:09 am »
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 08:13:45 am »
what the heck is a K leg?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 08:47:51 am »
Well, I think Zoe's HOT.  Don't sleep on the thin girls!  the word "lithe" is a perfect description for her and she's a pretty good actress, too.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 08:51:30 am »

I'm looking forward to Colombiana. The trailer annoyed me a little, with the constant "Don't forget where you came from" and I sighed when they put her with another white dude, though I do like Michael Vartan from Alias. But the action looked good and Luc Besson knows how to bring it. I think he had a big hand in both Milla Jovovich and Natalie Portman's careers with films like The Messenger, Fifth Element, and The Professional, so hopefully similar magic can work for Saldana.
lets be honest here when was the last time she was in a role where she is with either a latino male or black male? Norbit don't count
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 10:47:57 am »
I think you're getting her confused with Thandie Newton. Yeah, there is a tendency for most of the up and coming black actresses now to be partnered with white male leads. She was Michael Ealy's girl in Takers, but her role amounted pretty much to a glorified cameo and there was little focus on their relationship. I think she's 'transcended' beyond black males that, which is 'good' for her career, but bad in terms of the depiction of black love.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 09:09:29 am »
I think you're getting her confused with Thandie Newton. Yeah, there is a tendency for most of the up and coming black actresses now to be partnered with white male leads. She was Michael Ealy's girl in Takers, but her role amounted pretty much to a glorified cameo and there was little focus on their relationship. I think she's 'transcended' beyond black males that, which is 'good' for her career, but bad in terms of the depiction of black love.
Whoops but it still bullsh*t regardless. It is like hollyweird don't want to see this. I just find this mindboggling. Yes I am aware of mixed cultures out there but for crying out loud must each and every black/of color lead have to be in an interracial relationship to satisfy the "mainstream"? Is love between 2 black people that strange? It doesn't help that when you have black couples you have hack writers whom dont know what they are doing. Dammit they are a couple what is so gawd dayum hard about this? They are a human couple just as much as the white couple, interracial couple and many others.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 08:24:28 pm »
The studio and producers are scared of putting too many black folks in a movie, or else it becomes a "black" film.  And if it's a black couple, then the emotional heart of the film becomes black.

Usually the star has to insist on a black love interest.  And if they don't have the clout, or don't care (either because they are biracial, or they are in a interracial relationship, or simply don't see it as an issue they care about) it's not going to happen. 

I remember being really impressed by Will Smith in ENEMY OF THE STATE...both his wife and mistress in the film were black. 

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 09:16:55 pm »
you have to have a lot of hollywood pull to have a black wife AND mistress!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 09:41:42 pm »
ENEMY OF THE STATE is another one of my favorite Will Smith movies in the late 90s I didn't see in the theaters;  There's a shot I really liked where Will holds up the cat outside the passenger side of the car Gene Hackman is about to flee in!  

You KNOW how white folks feel about thier household pets! ;D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:35:37 pm by Battle »

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 09:59:35 pm »
you have to have a lot of hollywood pull to have a black wife AND mistress!
In a movie, you mean.