Author Topic: MSNBC/GATES/BROAD Anti-teacher campaign airs Today at Noon!  (Read 2320 times)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
MSNBC/GATES/BROAD Anti-teacher campaign airs Today at Noon!
« on: August 14, 2011, 08:58:22 am »
It seems Tamron Hall has become the convenient Black face that justifies the exploitation and miseducation of Blacks in the name of corporate profits.

In about an hour Hall will host another anti-teacher/anti-union propaganda campaign in the guise of a panel on education reform.

Here is what you can expect to see.

CHARTER SCHOOL SAVIOR- Bill Gates and Eli Broad spent millions promoting the piece of charter school propaganda known as WAITING FOR SUPERMAN. Since that film has been thoroughly debunked , expect Hall to push it again with some added cocoa flavor in this version.

Charter schools succeed only 17 percent of the time. You won't hear that on the show.

Charter schools have the right to refuse and dismiss students at will. You won't hear that on the show.

Charter schools routinely exclude: special education students, ESL students, and students with behaviorial problems. You won't hear that on the show.

CORRUPTION and CASH- Gates and Broad have injected millions into school board elections and have taken over entire districts wholesale to push their agenda. Texas, Hall's home-state , is a prime example of that and we have seen the reforms that have come as a result. Education reform is being written by corporate proxy's which results in beneficial no bid contracts and land allocation for charter schools.

You won't hear that on the show.

ANTI TEACHER/ TEACHER'S UNION- In the most pathetic and despicable display of "Education Nation" last year, Hall, actually seemed disappointed and angered when Marcc Lamont Hill called her out for scapegoating. Hall wanted to show a tape of a teacher sleeping in a classroom to make a point about tenure and the quality of teachers in America.

The fact that tenure is simply a right to due process won't be mentioned. Conversly, Oprah's idiotic "Job for life" quote will.

WASTE- While President Obama added a trillion dollars to the deficit last year with the extension of the Bush tax cuts, expect to hear about "Waste" in the education system. Not waste in the form of the expansion of administrators, test-prep, unnecessary testing and most importantly DATA collection, but waste in the form of lazy teachers.

MY MOM WAS A TEACHER- Not only does Hall provide the convenient Black face to deny racism, she also has he convenient fact that her "Mom was a teacher". Of course since her mom was a teacher, Hall is incapable of holding anti-teacher/anti teacher's union views and is equally incapable of being a prop for a corporate agenda.

So in closing, watch the show to see how the American public education dies. If that is not a good enough reason, simply watch to prove me right!

P.S. Jeff Johnson I'm watching you as co-host!

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: MSNBC/GATES/BROAD Anti-teacher campaign airs Today at Noon!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 10:54:20 am »
thanks, Sarge-- I found about this too late to try and be in the audience.. I sent a bunch of comments via twitter/facebook..

--former Gen. Motors executive Roy Roberts has taken over as governor-appointed emergency financial manager of detroit public schools, as plans are also underway to group state-wide underperforming schools into a single school district, targeted for reform--
http://tinyurl.com/3w4d9gx
a recent controversy is his state-sponsored purchase of a $40K SUV (plus driver) for business travel..
http://tinyurl.com/3d4cdam

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:31:49 pm by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 06:23:18 am »
I can understand why you're fired up. I can't stand the agendas, greed, selfishness regarding the public education of our children today in america. It is an outdated system. I don't know how any of the Heffas whom are parents can tolerate this.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 09:42:03 am »
I can understand why you're fired up. I can't stand the agendas, greed, selfishness regarding the public education of our children today in america. It is an outdated system.

Yes, it is. I get frustrated with both the self-serving privatization reform extremists and the go slow education institution that doesn't seem to comprehend the urgency of the situation. I believe the system requires a thorough redesign beginning with a clear definition of the goals of a 21st century education.

I don't know how any of the Heffas whom are parents can tolerate this.

By finding the best educational solution available to you and then working that with energy and intelligence. This is on top of the foundation you lay at home. Fixing the monster that is the educational system is a long-term project. As parents, we don't have time to wait.

That is not to say that I am indifferent to the larger issue and how critical it is to creating the kind of world we want and need. But that has nowhere near the urgency that educating my children has. I don't believe I have a higher priority.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 10:39:07 am »
I can understand why you're fired up. I can't stand the agendas, greed, selfishness regarding the public education of our children today in america. It is an outdated system.

Yes, it is. I get frustrated with both the self-serving privatization reform extremists and the go slow education institution that doesn't seem to comprehend the urgency of the situation. I believe the system requires a thorough redesign beginning with a clear definition of the goals of a 21st century education.

I don't know how any of the Heffas whom are parents can tolerate this.

By finding the best educational solution available to you and then working that with energy and intelligence. This is on top of the foundation you lay at home. Fixing the monster that is the educational system is a long-term project. As parents, we don't have time to wait.

That is not to say that I am indifferent to the larger issue and how critical it is to creating the kind of world we want and need. But that has nowhere near the urgency that educating my children has. I don't believe I have a higher priority.

True that, Curtis!  My oldest daughter just started Pre-K this morning and she's not in the school we want her to be in, but we had to suck it up and put her in because of a combination of issues, not the least of which are economics.  The schools we want to put her in cost half of college tuition.  So in the mean time, we've decided to put her in this school and supplement her schooling at home.  My wife taught her to read by the time she was 2 1/2 and now she reads at above the middle school level.  We met with her teacher at the new school and we have both registered to become volunteers there.  We're still planning to put her in another school, but in the mean time, we've just got to do whatever it takes to keep challenging her the best we can.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 05:34:59 pm »
True that, Curtis!  My oldest daughter just started Pre-K this morning and she's not in the school we want her to be in, but we had to suck it up and put her in because of a combination of issues, not the least of which are economics.  The schools we want to put her in cost half of college tuition.  So in the mean time, we've decided to put her in this school and supplement her schooling at home.  My wife taught her to read by the time she was 2 1/2 and now she reads at above the middle school level.  We met with her teacher at the new school and we have both registered to become volunteers there.  We're still planning to put her in another school, but in the mean time, we've just got to do whatever it takes to keep challenging her the best we can.
Kudos to you. It is parents like you that can make things work out. I ain't to lie though I would be one of the louder PTA folks to make things right.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 06:59:49 pm »
Kudos to you. It is parents like you that can make things work out. I ain't to lie though I would be one of the louder PTA folks to make things right.

That's why my wife and I joined the PTA and volunteered. She's the volunteer parent liaison and will be helping out in the office and classrooms and I'll be dong whatever I can after work and on the weekends. We plan on being both visible and vocal at the school.