Author Topic: Why can't Luke Cage..  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
Why can't Luke Cage..
« on: August 16, 2011, 06:19:18 pm »
make super leaps? I mean he's got super human strenght.. Aren't his legs super strong as well as his whole body. Why doesn't he just jump great distances as the original Superman did back in the day? I think they should add super human agility and super human speed to Luke's arsenal of abilities simply because they are consequence of him having super human strenght.
Just saying. ;D
Don't get fooled by the bombs that I get I'm still I'm still Saddam from Iraq.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Why can't Luke Cage..
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 06:23:51 pm »
I think part of Cage is that he's very heavy. 

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 06:34:06 pm »
but how heavy? 500 pounds? A ton? Even if he were quite heavy he would be strong enough to propel his own weight. (he can bench 25 tons)
He should be just like Hugo Daner from the novel Gladiator.

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 06:38:28 pm »
I think they did show him leaping not too long ago...can't remember where. I do remember they had him do The Hulk's trademark "thunderclap" in an early issue of (New) New Avengers. Of course some fanboys complained about it... ::)
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 06:39:36 pm »
but how heavy? 500 pounds? A ton? Even if he were quite heavy he would be strong enough to propel his own weight. (he can bench 25 tons)

Remember when he started, he wasn't as strong as he is now.  His power set was "set" long ago and changing now might not look right.   Plus being heavy, landing would be destructive.  Hulk doesn't care, Cage would.

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 06:42:04 pm »

Remember when he started, he wasn't as strong as he is now.  His power set was "set" long ago and changing now might not look right.   Plus being heavy, landing would be destructive.  Hulk doesn't care, Cage would.

Well he could do it just in battle.. Leaping really high a landing on top of a tank and smashing it or something.

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 06:45:29 pm »
I think they did show him leaping not too long ago...can't remember where. I do remember they had him do The Hulk's trademark "thunderclap" in an early issue of (New) New Avengers. Of course some fanboys complained about it... ::)
I know they had him jumping from the Avengers tower and leaving a huge crater in the side walk. Fanboys are pathetic of course that been super humanly strong and durable should allow LC to duplicate in a somewhat smaller scale the feat accomplished by the Hulk and other super humanly strong heroes.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 07:16:26 pm »
I support super-leaps.  I also support Luke having an adamantium chain-belt to use as a bludgeon.  (see Marvel ultimate Alliance video game)..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 08:01:24 pm »
I support super-leaps.  I also support Luke having an adamantium chain-belt to use as a bludgeon.  (see Marvel ultimate Alliance video game)..

Co sign on the adamantium chain as a weapon.