Author Topic: Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith Split? Couple Separating: Report  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
HUFFINGTON POST:

Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith Split? Couple Separating: Report
First Posted: 8/23/11 10:31 AM ET   Updated: 8/23/11 10:52 AM ET

In Touch Weekly is reporting that Will Smith and Jada Pinkett are separating. Their reps have not confirmed the story.

(When contacted about the story by TMZ, Pinkett's rep said, "What? In Touch said that? I know nothing about this... Lord. I'm going back to bed.")

The pair, who met when Pinkett auditioned for "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air," married on December 31st, 1997. They have two children together, budding pop stars Jaden and Willow, and Pinkett is the step mother of Smith's older son from a previous marriage, Trey.

Speaking to YourTango in 2007, Pinkett described how they first got together.

"After we had known each other for many years, we went out for dinner one night with mutual friends and I saw that he had grown from this lanky kid to this really responsible man," she said. "We started courting each other and our friendship turned into romance."

In 2008, Smith spoke with Ellen Degeneres about their marriage, which he implied would last forever.

"What I found is divorce just can't be an option," he said. "It's really that simple. And I think that's the problem with L.A. – there are so many options. So a huge part of the success for [Jada] and I is that we just removed the other options."

Whether it was cause or effect is uncertain, but that dedication certainly coincided with an active sex life, including a romp on the way to the Oscars in 2010.

Speaking to Uptown Magazine in June, Pinkett said, "People think that Will and I don’t spend a lot of time together. Too much time, actually, if you ask me. It’s always nice to have a little time apart. Sometimes you need that.”

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith Split? Couple Separating: Report
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 10:10:45 am »
Argh! 
This is a horrible rumor. :(

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 11:51:51 am »
I'll believe it when I see it, which is hopefully NEVER!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 01:32:23 pm »
Jada...come to daddy! LOL

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 02:00:04 pm »
HOLLYWOOD REPORTER:

Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith Deny Divorce Report
Published: August 23, 2011 @ 1:21 pm

By Jake Weinraub

With rumors circulating around the web that Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have plans to divorce, the couple issued the following statement:

"Although we are reluctant to respond to these types of press reports, the rumors circulating about our relationship are completely false. We are still together, and our marriage is intact."

In Touch Weekly posted an exclusive news item Tuesday claiming that the couple decided to slit after an almost 14-year marriage. In an initial effort to negate the news, Will Smith’s son, Trey took to twitter to negate the news:

“Will and Jada getting a DIVORCE ..NOT TRUE AT ALL !! RETWEET” Trey tweeted shortly after.

The couple wed on December 31, 1997 and have two children together -- 13-year-old actor Jaden and “Whip My Hair” pop sensation Willow.

Trey, Will Smith’s son from a previous marriage added “Everyone can think what they want ..even if its not true #Lame”

Additional rumors hit the web that Will and Jada’s supposedly on-the-rocks relationship was due to an alleged affair Pinkett-Smith was having with “Hawthorne” co-star Marc Anthony. The couple’s representatives quickly denied it.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 02:03:46 pm »
HA!

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 02:23:30 pm »
I guess the bank is happy since they just finished building that house! Not that they have been living it together.

Gee any other famous couple break up suddenly while magazines were out talking about how much they were in love. ???
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:46:17 am by Cheirel »