Author Topic: When Did Teachers Become the Enemy?  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: When Did Teachers Become the Enemy?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 07:13:07 am »
My reaction more to the comments in the article than anything:

One of the comments in the article did make the good point that parents have more effect on their childrens' education than teachers, but teacers are hugely important for the sadly large section of children whose parents DON'T care about their education, don't turn up for parents evenings, etc etc. I can't help thinking that loads of the people commenting on the article simply don't care about those kids. Maybe they just think that it's tough luck on them.

Also, where did this idea spring from that teachers defend the current system? I don't think you could find more than a tiny handful of teachers, in the UK at least, who think that the modern Western system is a success, especially with the level of beauraucracy involved. It's just that most of the suggestions coming from the Right seem to be ones that would just make things worse.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: When Did Teachers Become the Enemy?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 12:49:47 pm »
My reaction more to the comments in the article than anything:

One of the comments in the article did make the good point that parents have more effect on their childrens' education than teachers, but teacers are hugely important for the sadly large section of children whose parents DON'T care about their education, don't turn up for parents evenings, etc etc. I can't help thinking that loads of the people commenting on the article simply don't care about those kids. Maybe they just think that it's tough luck on them.

Also, where did this idea spring from that teachers defend the current system? I don't think you could find more than a tiny handful of teachers, in the UK at least, who think that the modern Western system is a success, especially with the level of beauraucracy involved. It's just that most of the suggestions coming from the Right seem to be ones that would just make things worse.
this that is it. Simple formula Teachers + Parental Involvement = good results. I mean when will our country wake up. Too many excuses are at play here when it comes to a education of a child in this county. I'll be damn if I wouldnt be apart of my child (almost had one long story) education. 
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.