Author Topic: "forced" or race in comics.  (Read 20116 times)

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: "forced" or race in comics.
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2007, 06:06:37 am »
Yeah the crow was a good character, In the CA issue #292, He was a Native American man in a wheelchair and he had 3 forms; that of a man, he turned into a crow/bolt of lightning, and then a superhero. The Puma was a great character, but as far as Capt America goes wouldn't the time he spent as an Ice Cube make him more than Human? He was thawed out with all of his mental facilities intact, no cellular breakdown at all

Okay, I'm going to have to look out for CA #292. I've never seen the Crow character as you've described him. I'd love to read that story.

Captain America "more than human". Hmmmmmm. I can see where you might have a point there.

Just so you know Sin, the Crow's alias is Black Crow

Thanks for the info, Frostbite. I had no idea that the Crow or "Black Crow" - this godlike entity that tested the Puma and put a good whuppin on Spider-Man in the process - had an alias of any kind. Is this entity in actuality, a human being?
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2007, 11:02:38 am »
Yeah the crow was a good character, In the CA issue #292, He was a Native American man in a wheelchair and he had 3 forms; that of a man, he turned into a crow/bolt of lightning, and then a superhero. The Puma was a great character, but as far as Capt America goes wouldn't the time he spent as an Ice Cube make him more than Human? He was thawed out with all of his mental facilities intact, no cellular breakdown at all

Okay, I'm going to have to look out for CA #292. I've never seen the Crow character as you've described him. I'd love to read that story.

Captain America "more than human". Hmmmmmm. I can see where you might have a point there.

Thanks for the info, Frostbite. I had no idea that the Crow or "Black Crow" - this godlike entity that tested the Puma and put a good whuppin on Spider-Man in the process - had an alias of any kind. Is this entity in actuality, a human being?

His true name is Jesse Black Crow, an ex-Construction Worker who was paralyzed when he fell of the high steel. He's now wheelchair bound.

The Earth Spirit merges with him to turn him into the Black Crow, he has no control over it.

In this way he's very similar to Kirby's Black Racer (the Black guy on the flying skis) as B.R.
(the New Gods, death god) merged with an Black soldier who was in an iron lung as a
result of Vietnam.

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2007, 11:55:51 am »
Interesting discussion piece. Out of all the debates and arguments I've been in on HEF, this is the first time I believe I saw this.

Offline Frostbite883

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2007, 08:51:36 pm »

You're welcome.  :)