Author Topic: Five glorious screen deaths of Black Actors  (Read 6782 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Five glorious screen deaths of Black Actors
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 10:55:16 am »

If you want to get deep ...I'd say the death of King Kong not a black actor but as a symbol...;)

Paul F

Ooooooooooooooooh.......
for the love of a blonde....

Offline Imaro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 12:04:56 pm »
...betrayed but some of his own people, transported and chained in the bowels of a ship. A being that was a god in his native home, he was made to be a laughing stock, lampooned, mocked, and expected to entertain those who captured him (Hottentot Venus / Ota Benga), instead he broke free got angry, got the blonde woman dressed in pure virginal white and tried to climb the corporate ladd...sorry I mean the Empire State building. I can relate to everything but the Faye Raye thing ...It wasn't beauty that killed the beast, it was jungle fever (I kid, I kid...kind of) :P

Paul F.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:06:34 pm by Imaro »
I am an invisible man. When they approach me they see only my surroundings, themselves, or figments of their imagination-indeed, everything and anything except me. - Ralph Ellison (Invisible Man)

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 03:26:20 pm »
...betrayed but some of his own people, transported and chained in the bowels of a ship. A being that was a god in his native home, he was made to be a laughing stock, lampooned, mocked, and expected to entertain those who captured him (Hottentot Venus / Ota Benga), instead he broke free got angry, got the blonde woman dressed in pure virginal white and tried to climb the corporate ladd...sorry I mean the Empire State building. I can relate to everything but the Faye Raye thing ...It wasn't beauty that killed the beast, it was jungle fever (I kid, I kid...kind of) :P

Paul F.

Like!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 07:40:23 pm »
Rex Matheson from Torchwood.  ;D
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin