Author Topic: What's the funniest sitcom?  (Read 6265 times)

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
What's the funniest sitcom?
« on: October 27, 2011, 10:05:53 am »
My vote goes to ABC's "Happy Endings". Last night's Halloween episode was hilarious! 

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: What's the funniest sitcom?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:41:43 am »
re: What's the funniest sitcom?

Ever?

Three's Company.

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 12:43:50 pm »
I meant currently, but I'll take that answer. Three's Company? Seriously? Jack Tripper always got on my nerves with his broad physical comedy and it seemed like every episode was based on a misunderstanding loaded with double entendres.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 01:02:07 pm »
I meant currently, but I'll take that answer. Three's Company? Seriously? Jack Tripper always got on my nerves with his broad physical comedy and it seemed like every episode was based on a misunderstanding loaded with double entendres.

...but that was the whole joke behind the show.  Back-in-th'day, it was fun to see the cast do this stunt every single time and differently.
To me, Three's Company was like a 8 season long SNL skit! ;D

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 01:25:03 pm »
Current : How I Met Your Mother
Ever: Cheers

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 03:55:54 pm »

...but that was the whole joke behind the show.  Back-in-th'day, it was fun to see the cast do this stunt every single time and differently.

Okay, cool. My all time favorite is Sanford and Son. The best ones are when Big Money Grip comes from St. Louis to tell Fred he's Lamont's real father, and Fred and Donna's engagement party when Aunt Esther and her sisters Minnie and Flossie pick a fight with Donna, and when Grady's 'gold brick' cousin Emma comes to visit. She's played by the same actress that played Cliff Huxtable's mom but here she's funny as hell. I gotta mention Lena Horne, 'Wham!" and when Fred got Lamont's money back from Rooster and Hucklebuck too.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 04:05:40 pm »
Now: Big Bang Theory

Ever:  Cosby? Who's the Boss? Giligan's Island?  Honeymooners?  I Love Lucy?  Too many choices.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 05:11:00 pm »

...but that was the whole joke behind the show.  Back-in-th'day, it was fun to see the cast do this stunt every single time and differently.

Okay, cool. My all time favorite is Sanford and Son. The best ones are when Big Money Grip comes from St. Louis to tell Fred he's Lamont's real father, and Fred and Donna's engagement party when Aunt Esther and her sisters Minnie and Flossie pick a fight with Donna, and when Grady's 'gold brick' cousin Emma comes to visit. She's played by the same actress that played Cliff Huxtable's mom but here she's funny as hell. I gotta mention Lena Horne, 'Wham!" and when Fred got Lamont's money back from Rooster and Hucklebuck too.

O.K.  That episode beats all 8 seasons of Three's Company! ;D

Do you remember the episode where Fred thinks he's an artist because  a curator of a museum lead him to believe that?  So he builds a sculture out of junk from his antique collection...? ;D ;D

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 05:14:34 pm »
Yeah,  Cheers was pretty fun to watch.  Gilligan's Island, Honeymooners (definetly!).  I Love Lucy.  All time greatest.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 09:00:53 pm »
I agree, Honeymooners is def up there!

Offline Marvelous

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 11:30:32 pm »

Second Sanford and Son!

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 06:50:00 am »
Ever:
All In The Family.

Offline jackson35

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 09:33:44 am »
my vote goes to soap.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 09:42:41 am »
my vote goes to soap.

I never understood why or how this TV show ever became popular. :-\
I just didn't 'get it' at all.

Offline jackson35

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 11:26:43 am »
if you watch the show, you wouldn't ask that question.