Author Topic: BPCGI?  (Read 5227 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
BPCGI?
« on: November 27, 2006, 03:16:49 pm »
How much CG would or should be put in a BP movie and on what?  Maybe the X-Men conversoin SR-71?

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
Re: BPCGI?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 03:20:09 pm »
there would have to be substantial CG for the panthers' fight scenes in order to give him Catlike agility But not the same shiggity they used in HBs' Catwoman

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 03:26:38 pm »
I'd like to see what they would do with the techo-jungle in CGI...

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 03:29:37 pm »
Maybe they could subcontract the japanese studio that animated Ghost in the Shell to create their backgrounds

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 04:02:24 pm »
Maybe they could subcontract the japanese studio that animated Ghost in the Shell to create their backgrounds

Production IG?  Oh man kara, that would be a dream come true.  I'm gonna have to float Reggie a copy of Stand Alone COmplex...

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 05:52:58 pm »
I think it would be an excellent opportunity to make the look/feel of a panther movie unique to his story please hip Reggie to production IG and by the way sam check out the new Guyver and Ergo Proxy DVDs the animation and stories are off the hook!

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 11:03:27 pm »
Yea, Ergo is wild.  My store rents japanese anime.  We have a little over 4000 dvds, but I always get my anime from www.anime-direct.com
I'd even go for the non CG stuff like Kite or Mezzoforte OVA.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 03:18:38 am »
Thanx for the site info Marv

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 03:51:24 am »
Thanx for the site info Marv

No probs.  Most sites charge you by the bandwidth.  But anime-direct is only 10 buck a month for all your anime needs.   ;D  Another good one is www.animeground.com  This site has not only anime but live action japanese flicks and manga too if your into that.

I'd advise everyone to get Shinobi.  That movie is a must if you like the whole special effects/ninja scroll type stuff but its live action.  :D  The effects in this movie would be great for a love action BP, its the closes CG I've seen using special effects.

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 10:07:22 am »
Personally, I would only want to see CGI used to "fill" out the Wakandan cityscape ala "Gladiator".  No CGI Black Panther, please!  I can live with it (barely) in the Spiderman movies because his moves are supposed to be 'super-natural', but Panther is still a normal human being.  Get some Parkour and Cirque du Soliel cats to choreograph the moves and double for the actor playing Panther, and I'll be a happy Brother!

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 12:14:24 pm »
The Spidey/Xmen movies couldn't get off the ground without the CGI. The BP has enhanced strength/agility/senses because of the properties of his herbal treatments He would have to have Specific Feline movements that could only be shown in CGI

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 04:26:16 pm »
I've gotta respectfully disagree.  I don't remember the Xmen flicks using very many CGI stuntmen.  If they did, it was minimum.  Go back and look at all those CGI stuntman movies. They ALL look terrible. As advanced as the tech has become, the characters still miss that "weight" that real people have.  I can tell each and everytime that cgi takes over for Tobey Maguire.  Daredevil? Horrible.  Blade 2?  Wack.  Catwoman?  'Nuff said.  We watching a movie or playing video games?  Even top of the line CGI from George Lucas' company  looks phony.  Now compare CGI stuntmen to the real stuntmen from Ong Bak, District B-13, and any Cirque show.  That's that real sh*t!   

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 04:34:40 pm »
  Now compare CGI stuntmen to the real stuntmen from Ong Bak, District B-13, and any Cirque show.  That's that real sh*t!   

Dont forget about Dragon Tiger Gate Inn.  Check it out, Voo if you haven't!

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 04:38:45 pm »
I was thinking more of the CGI used in asian films like casshern,devilman, and zeram 2

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 05:13:33 pm »
I was thinking more of the CGI used in asian films like casshern,devilman, and zeram 2

Cashern was like an overload of CG goodness.  That might be a little too much.  :D