Author Topic: HEAVY SMILE  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
HEAVY SMILE
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:04:33 am »

When you're a fourteen year old basketball prodigy, everyone knows you...or at least they think they do. But there's more to Jordan Hamilton than a jump shot and a mean crossover. On the surface he's just another kid from the ghetto who can shoot the pill. But when faced with tragedy, our young friend must prove to the world and more importantly himself...who he really is. In a world of smoke and mirrors, can Jordan be persuaded to trust in a God he's not even sure exist? And in a world filled with lies and hate, can he find true love? Find out in Heavy Smile - Book 1, the first book of an inspiring eight part series written by the burgeoning new author, Jonathan Webb.

I just wanted to advertise this book, Heavy Smile, to my fellow HEFer's. It is written by an old high school classmate of mine, who tracked me down about six months ago to do artwork for this book of his. To be honest, I haven't really read it yet, but I got my copy from off Amazon last night and I plan to read it later tonight after the turkey-festivities come to an end (around six for me). When I drew the artwork for the book (33 images, 1 image per chapter, plus the cover), he only gave me a bit of information to go by, which characters are in the scene and such, but from what I could go by just from creating the artwork, it seems like a good book. I'm excited (not only because its my friend's first published book, but it is the first time I have provided art for a book that is now published).

Figured I'd share with the board. It's always nice to know of new arising Black talent. Not begging anyone to go out and buy it, but if you got some spare dough laying about, go and support my friend. As of now, its only available on Amazon. Here is the link below...
http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Smile-Book-1/dp/1466375337/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322157121&sr=8-1

Happy Turkey-day people!

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY SMILE
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 10:05:38 am »
just looked at the actual physical copy in my hand, and I noticed the artwork on the cover is actually squeezed in some. I guess the actual image was to big for the cover template...

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY SMILE
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 01:03:35 pm »
Interesting cover...  especially that chick with the studded dog collar around her neck. :)